• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Point/Population system

DeletedUser1231

Bravo for your 13th place on the US server bobbykitty .;)

But actually I think that the more we are going to move forward in ages and the more it will be difficult of credit note of the extension with provinces, thus the only means to be in the top 50 will be to buy extension in diamonds.

That not me gene not at all that the first ones of the ranking bought diamonds, it is them who make live the game it is thus normal that they are rewarded.
I do not play for the ranking nor for the points (I play for the pleasure what is already good) but it is true that to gain places in the ranking is always pleasant.:D

Now it is in the developers to know what they wish to make, or to continue in this direction and to increase the gap between the players which buy extension diamonds with those who do not buy it, or they allow all the players they can obtain extension with provinces more quickly.
Either by decreasing the cost or the duration of the exploration for everybody, or by using a spell, or by decreasing the number of provinces to be explored to obtain an extension or any other idea if it is good.

I am too 250 explored provinces and I need also 3 weeks to obtain a new extension ............................... and it is really too long:(

DeletedUser1075

Bobbykitty & Benroq, I am in a similar situation. I don't spend diamonds, and I'm running out of space faster than I can do anything about it. I just spent a day or two twiddling my thumbs while waiting for a scout to finish so I could get another expansion. The game is less fun when you can't build because you've run out of space. With this expansion, I've managed to free up the right space to build houses (which I need). But I don't see a good place to put the next expansion so that I can move things around and gain enough room to build anything that would take at least a week, if not two or three. Very frustrating.

I need this game to have something for me to do while I'm waiting idle. Preferably something that will speed up the scout or otherwise help me get the next expansion faster. The magic academy is pointless as well - I have over 100k of most goods and I'm regularly hitting my limit on coins and supplies. So spelling anything to produce more is not a good idea.

Of course, if they add more spaces again, I can kiss the idea of ever coming close to finishing this city bye-bye. Which is a bit demotivating.

DeletedUser651

I just think they have the balance out of whack a bit now. The scouting times getting longer and longer at some point do more harm than good. Players who have been around for a long time are getting discouraged and leaving. When they leave that leaves huge holes in the balance of fellowships. Then others leave because their friends are gone. It becomes a downward spiral.

The magic academy could have one useful spell....cut scouting times in half. That would give the top players an incentive to build one and it would be useful.

Veeb

I am playing this game without buying any diamonds and I can report that you can rise in the rankings benroq, but the time needed to get the rest of expansions is stupid. I have 246 provinces and I now have 2 day plus scouting times. I need 13 more provinces to get all the space the top players have. It takes 8 or 9 provinces to get one expansion. Figuring that scouting times will increase to 3 days soon and I can't get on to set a scout lots of times because it happens while I am sleeping, that is roughly 27 days per province....round that to a month. To get all the rest of my provinces will take over a YEAR!!!

On the US server, which I started from day 1, I was in the top 13 in the rankings until this latest round where they added more space. Suddenly, all the payers are racing past me. I can't do a thing about it because I don't have the space they have. I just watch my rank drop day after day. I am now ranked 52. If new space is added, I will have no chance to ever be on top again. The time is just too long now. I understand they need paying players.

That isn't fun is it, my rank stopped rising for some time now and I'm clawing my way up by upgrading :(
I am looking forward to when the wonders are worth points and I should shoot back up a bit :)

Veeb

It is also getting harder and harder to replace inactives with active players as you can't invite anyone unless they have left their fellowship first which means I end up randomly messaging people who appear to be active players in a low ranked fs and that make the right goods to keep fs well balanced

DeletedUser651

I find that very troublesome too. People don't believe me and they don't want to leave their fellowships until they have an invite and I can't invite until they have left. Worse, if I am not on or the mages aren't around, the new person might leave their fellowship and sit there all alone for hours. I wish they would change that requirement.

DeletedUser283

you archmage/mage could make you an ambassador so that you can send invitations ;)
we have done this in my fellowship and it proved quite helpful :)

DeletedUser651

I am the archmage. Until a player has left their fellowship, the game does not allow you to send an invitation to them. When you try, a message pops up that says "this player is already in a fellowship". We are saying it would be nice if that wasn't a block to sending out an invitation.

DeletedUser1075

That whole "can't send an invite to a player already in an FS" is relatively new. I know I had received invites in the past whilst in a FS myself, and my frustration was that you couldn't see who the invite was from until you dropped your current FS. I don't understand why they changed it so you can't get an invite until you drop your FS. Seems odd.

DeletedUser867

I don't understand why they changed it so you can't get an invite until you drop your FS.
Because it prevents noob Archmages from spamming invitations and body snatching.

If I'm already IN a Fellowship I'm probably not interested in the first place, and if I WERE interested I'd do some looking around at my trading partners, etc. I'd read some Fellowship Profiles, and then I'd send a discrete note that I'd like to be considered for any future opening.

Or if I were actually unhappy, then I'd leave my present fellowship, and would immediately have access to the entire list of Fellowships that are currently autojoin or are accepting applicants.

The LAST thing I need is unsolicited invites.

DeletedUser1075

And yet, if I wanted to move to another fellowship, I would make inquiries but be unwilling to leave where I am until I have an invite in hand. The inability to send an invite at-will means that I not only have to gain agreement for the move, but I have to coordinate timing too. (Disclaimer: I have moved on this server in the past - so I have experience with this - but I am not looking to move now.)

I wasn't aware that unsolicited invites were an issue while they were still permitted on this server. Were they? I'm sure I got one or two, but they were easy to ignore.

We just had someone join by request and it was kind of a hassle because I couldn't just send the invite. I had to explain the whole thing, wait for them to drop out of their FS and let me know they had done that, and then send the invite and hope they picked it up. Seems like it would be easier to just permit invites.

DeletedUser651

And if being spammed with invites is such a huge problem, then it would be easy to have a setting where you can "allow invites". That way, the person doing the inviting can send the invite when it is easy and convenient to do so and the invitee doesn't have to be floundering fellowshipless. The invitee could just turn on the "allow invites" button and then accept the invite when it comes in. They could turn it off right afterwards to avoid all that possible spam.

Thing is, I have (as archmage) been talking to people who wanted to join, but then I wasn't around at the time they were ready to join, and by the time I did get back on the person got scared I was ignoring them and they joined a different fellowship. Even if you explain it to folks, they just get super nervous not having a fellowship. And this could so easily be avoided.