• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Please fix the combat system

DeletedUser481

:))) Training time? :))) Do you wanna play Elvenar as ... hmhhh ... FoE ... eight ours per day, because you can fight and you need a points? :))) Thats crazy, in this second ( f-oe-irst game ;) was from amount of army and collection of points only one big hystery and hate and evil :(
But other thing is crazy. Its crazy, when we comparison units of two different races. I started to play us server and now Ive got two basic units. For me and my style of fightin are elven warriors a better, because has more Hit Points ... lower damage, but more maniacs still after battle.

I wanna write one. Now I mean that elves has a better army ( golem vs knight or very quickly die Axeman vs Swordsman :) but ... its my opinion and my style to plya ion a battlefield. Now I can not to write who is a better or who is superior ... its about fight.

Hallo ;-)

DeletedUser224

I don't desire and I can't fight eight hours per day.... but when I fight I like try many way to fight, with different units for understand the better way. And in the 7th ring I often lose 3 squad ...sometimes I try a combat and I give up the fight after lose units, so I can't try as I would like
I'm not sure to explain well, hope you understand

the game is in the strategy for me (strategy to build the city and strategy to fight)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser651

I agree with lenore. Training time is wayyyy too long. I could deal with losing battles, even losing most battles, if only I could re-train all my troops in an hour or two. Then at least I could learn from a very difficult battle. As it is, I have a battle....lose my troops...wait 3 days to train again....and then fight another battle. I am not learning anything. I am completely forgetting everything. Plus, it isn't fun.

If you fight and lose and fight and lose and fight and lose, but all the time you are learning...then you finally fight and win...now that would be fun. I like strategy and studying it. But, I am not going to take out a diary and take detailed notes on a fight just so I won't forget what I learned 3 days later. And I am at the point where I can have ten minutes of fighting time per week. Gee...how much fun is that? Remember, this is a game. We play it for fun. Waiting days to train all your troops and having them wiped out in one battle isn't enjoyable. It is angering and frustrating.

Plus, if we could win a ton more battles, we could get around the world map and then a lot more of us would have great trading partners. Something I know is a problem for everyone.

If it would throw the kp out of whack, then cut the number of kp you get per battle. But give us a game to play.

At least that is my take on things.

DeletedUser326

If you have Little time build more Armories.
I will stock up to 4 Armories in next time. This will give me the opportunity to start Training in the morning go to work and Training is finished when i get home. After getting Tier2 Units you have Training times that are quite good for working People.
But why you Need 2 days to replenish you troops? I Train 220 Units in 4 hours - thats 500 while i'm at work - and another 500 while sleeping - thats 2 total losses a day.

DeletedUser481

... ehm Bobbykitty ... what do you want? _ Change city builder for Some Great Conquista and rename to "Battlefield Elvenar"?
Now, it isnt simulator of orcish nation kill, Prior is builder, and its nice when develope slowly and fightin not a lot of...
... current system is good. Is not about hundred autofight per day, but about participatio of buildin, fightin and tradin.
We will see, maybe one day will start som other map or some othr tool for simple fight for thirty battles per day, but I hope that will be in new other tool, not in actual basic game.

Chimere, You have a truth and Lenore I dont understand your 2 days ... Youve got 3 armories lvl 10 and one armory lvl 8. What are you buildin? Chinese army? :)))

Sorry for my english, Im now tired and I cannot thinkin in other as my nature language :(

Have agood start of weekend and sunny-funny - nice weekend, Friends :)))

DeletedUser651

Armories don't help. I am here all day long to keep my troops trained. It just takes a very very long time to train them.

Hotofson, I want a game where I can visit a lot of neighbors and do a lot of trading with all of them. You need a big world to be able to do that. Most people are saying that you might be able to get 8 blocks out from your center city. That means that no matter how big the world map is, most people will hardly get anywhere on it. That means that trading will always be difficult and slow. If battle could happen more often, then maybe each player could have a larger sphere of neighbors that they visit each day. Players could get friends. You could meet more people. When you give neighborly help, you could actually become neighbors. It would make the game more social instead of each player being so isolated.

And I am not advocating that killing your enemies be easier, I am advocating that training to kill them should take a shorter time. Battle could be a fun part of this game. Why not? You could work really hard and learn a good strategy if you could keep trying. But if you can't keep trying because your troops are all dead and you are waiting for days to rebuild them all, then people will get bored and will go to another game that they can play.

Maybe by the time you reach level 15, then training time is not so bad. But until you do, it is pretty dang slow.

DeletedUser481

Its true. When you ve got 4 armories lvl 15th its training time with all training slots 10hours cca ... then is good, so it wants only time and build :)

DeletedUser

Now i understand why people don't like the combat system, the only way to get new sectors , is with materials, the only way is negotiating, fighting is nearly impossible even with paladins, no way to win, the combat need a re-balance of power.

Last edited by a moderator: