• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Please fix the combat system

DeletedUser283

at the moment, I am completing my "distance 5" provinces, and fights are rather doable;
of course, there are losses, especially sword dancers because every one else seems to focus on these poor folks;
on the side, I tried my luck on a pair of "distance 6" sectors because of a quest that requires me to get 5 relics of a boosted good; as I have already prioritized my boosts present and future, there is nothing left in distance 5;
well... distance 6 is too much for me for the moment, but I await the coming squad size upgrade, as these generally work miracles for my army :D

oh... and whenever I see that the situation is catastrophic (2 partial squads left on my side, more on the enemy side), I raise the white flag to avoid loosing more troops;
and no auto-battle, thanks ;)

DeletedUser

Forge of Empires has some awesome combat mechanics too, so I have faith in Innogames yet!
that sounds positive. One thing if Innogames take Elvanar offline I am going to go ape.

DeletedUser481

I dont know people, what does it mean "fix the c.s." or "catasthropic" ... I finished 107 provinces and I know what can I do and what cannot ... It were more times when I losed all of my wretches on the battlefield, and then I knew Imust research Squad Size Upgrade ( or in one case I knew that wanna Cerberus II, not only Cerberus )...
... as a human Ive got constant problem with Golem II
... I had problem with my Priests, well I wrote here ( here are very good and resonable people, thank you for a lot of information :)

Yes, its true, sometimes when I lost I feel for correct to write here about bad bad bad battles ... but I mean this system is correct, we must read and learn ... from my opinion its about miss Empiria, she told to me whats correct, not catastrophic and where it can or where it cannot be fix for battle.

I dont like write about FoE ... but this second game from Inno had lot of fix of battles ... we fought with legionares, then we fought only with catapults or cannonns, subsequently it came age of tanks and when I finished with this game it was time of rogue ... where here is fix?

Im so sorry people I disagree, this theme should be called "how to improve battles here" because fix for everybody is not real, but it is only my opinion and certainly its part of true in your words :(

Have a good game :)

DeletedUser

Wise words hotofson, wise words. My largest issue SUPPLIES. Anyone who says coins are more important hasn't seen my warehouses. Supplies are constantly gone while my gold capacity is almsot reached. I don't have enough villagers to upgrade main hall because I don't have enough supplies to build houses.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser481

If You have time (other - different theme )Dri, You will do repeatin quest ... for one hours you can do 1 hundred tousent supps ( in quest 100 culture + 50000 coins ... second from support neighbours :))
So, you can free for game three hours per day ( one across day - two in night ) ... well ... You ll be havin all for MH and also buy a basic res ( marble, steel, or wood :)

Have a funny day Dri :)

btw. Dragons comin? Cool ... more fire for my beef and steak :DDD

DeletedUser

Well, if you don't like Auto-Battle, don't click the Auto-Battle button then. o_O

Edit by Goryn. Please try not to use inappropriate language in the future, thank you :)

DeletedUser481

BakuDepecheMode ( sorry Im fan the music of M.L.G. and D.G. :) ... thats right ... but what with this f...ing ... I dont understand, because in slovak is ing is acronym for engineeer :DDDD muahahhaaaa f...tssss ... ing? :DDD

Best Regards my friend :)

DeletedUser

BakuDepecheMode ( sorry Im fan the music of M.L.G. and D.G. :) ... thats right ... but what with this f...ing ... I dont understand, because in slovak is ing is acronym for engineeer :DDDD muahahhaaaa f...tssss ... ing? :DDD

Best Regards my friend :)

Auto-Battle is funny because is more RNG based than the total squad and soldier status, sometimes i'm fighting against 30 enemies, I sent 100 soldiers, 50 of my 100 soldiers died and all enemies have died too.
Then after that i'm fighting against 50 enemies, I sent 40 soldiers, all enemies have died but only 10 of my soldiers have died this time. haha.

Edit by Goryn. try not to use inappropriate language in the future, thank you :)

DeletedUser481

:DDDDD Goryn, ehm ... hi and how are :))))) you ... spy in this theme that your correct was very correctly and right but next conversation lose of mind? :DDDDD

...and engineeers are passe and HotOffSon has one new Faux Pass :DDD

Really, this haha does my laugh here :DDD
Really :DDD
BakuDM, please, your opinion isnt bad ... still only polite words ... Im from Slovakia, if youre from Baku we ve got of any problem with communi, but world is diff :)))
But this haha was really perfect :DDDD ( its not this for i :) O la!

No, what I wanna to write ... you ve gotta truth what you wrote ... only why speak about engineers? :)))
And second thing from my side is your truth ...
... why
have I
to play auto
when more funny
is ( and rhyme is finished :)
manual ...
it is game and
I wanna play :)))

Well DM, youve gotta mrs. Truth! No Doubt.

DeletedUser

If You have time (other - different theme )Dri, You will do repeatin quest ... for one hours you can do 1 hundred tousent supps ( in quest 100 culture + 50000 coins ... second from support neighbours :))
So, you can free for game three hours per day ( one across day - two in night ) ... well ... You ll be havin all for MH and also buy a basic res ( marble, steel, or wood :)

Have a funny day Dri :)

btw. Dragons comin? Cool ... more fire for my beef and steak :DDD
I try to use repeatable quests. Sadly enough the only ones doable are get 1000 goods ofr 1500 supplies and get 4000 supplies.

DeletedUser481

.... aaah ... thats maybe about kind of city ... I started build a city first hour when started AlzBeta Elvanar ... or kind of MainHalll ... I gave you not correct vallues because we have different lvl of Main Hall ...
... well, my game is about ...
... first in development is army and city exp... then I explore manuf and workshs, because where you wanna build city when youve gotta nothin space?
And people, payers hasnt space unrestricted .... after 5 or 7 new slots we are finishin ... thats no more new city slot for ....

So Dri ... its about time ... you like this game and a paaar days or weeks we are talkin about this same ... thats right.

And I write you - come on and Have a good and funny build! :)

DeletedUser

Im enjoying myelf enough otherwise Inno wouldn't have heard of me for months. It's just irritating that coins are so easy to get.

DeletedUser326

I dont know people, what does it mean "fix the c.s." or "catasthropic" ... I finished 107 provinces and I know what can I do and what cannot ...

107 provinces are quite nice. Which ring have you reached with that? Must be the 7th one beginning of 8th when i did the math right. And thats the Problem. I fought my way to the 10th ring because it was there where the only trading Partner was which offers silk and i didn't want to pay ten thousands of Trader fee in the future.
But the squad size in the 10th ring is near to impossible to fight. There are very few Encounters you can actually fight. but facing 500 orcs per squad or 90 Knights you loose all your troops before even killing one enemy squad because the oneshot even your 144 troop strength squads. The only way to win those provinces is to negitiate or to get lucky with the Terrain.

So they must "fix" or Name it "Balance" the combat System. Mostly the damage calculation - because when you are unlucky only one damn orc survives and kills your last remaining squad with ne blow.

DeletedUser481

Well :) I dont understand "ring" or understand only from a part. My scout go there where it is necessary :)

500 orcs or 99 knights are when they are only in two, resp. three slots ... standard is +/- 300.

Orcs are problem when I havent Paladins and Crossbowmen. Knights are problem when I havent Crossbowmen ( also Treant ). Cerberuses I use for missile units ... and etc... etc... I cant fight
Ive got 132 units per slot and the ratio between fight and negotiate is 6:2 or 5:3 ( fight:negotiate, as I wrote Ive got a particular problem with Golems II there is ratio differently )

Well. I dont know My fighting system works, but maybe Im only lucky :)

DeletedUser209

I dont know people, what does it mean "fix the c.s." or "catasthropic" ... I finished 107 provinces and I know what can I do and what cannot ... It were more times when I losed all of my wretches on the battlefield, and then I knew Imust research Squad Size Upgrade ( or in one case I knew that wanna Cerberus II, not only Cerberus )...
... as a human Ive got constant problem with Golem II
... I had problem with my Priests, well I wrote here ( here are very good and resonable people, thank you for a lot of information :)

Yes, its true, sometimes when I lost I feel for correct to write here about bad bad bad battles ... but I mean this system is correct, we must read and learn ... from my opinion its about miss Empiria, she told to me whats correct, not catastrophic and where it can or where it cannot be fix for battle.

I dont like write about FoE ... but this second game from Inno had lot of fix of battles ... we fought with legionares, then we fought only with catapults or cannonns, subsequently it came age of tanks and when I finished with this game it was time of rogue ... where here is fix?

Im so sorry people I disagree, this theme should be called "how to improve battles here" because fix for everybody is not real, but it is only my opinion and certainly its part of true in your words :(

Have a good game :)
it's because you have human units which are superior to elves units.

DeletedUser

it's because you have human units which are superior to elves units.

I am playing human on the US server and I really don't find much difference ... infact I am thinking humans are a little weaker because they do not have Golems to fight with knights and Treants II which are quite strong when in high numbers on the map ...Those dogs are again light melee so are actually weaker against these heavy melee ...but might be good when fighting Steinling / Golems on the map .... Other units are almost similar to Elves ... maybe the priest is a little better than elves' sorceress because of his range but that unit i will be getting much much later in the game by which i will be needing to take over a few of those map provinces with these heavy units using mainly Archers and if possible using Paladins (of which I have heard a lot of bad comments) ...I maybe wrong as I m yet to reach those units myself and have to test it out to say it concretely ...

DeletedUser224

I think the problem is also the training time ... too much time to train 1 squad. And with 1 fight you can lose 2 or more squad