• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

placing an expansion causes game to crash

DeletedUser213

Has anyone else had this trouble?
I finished a research for a city expansion, and did get credit for that, but every time I try to place it, the game crashes, saying "Sorry, there has been an internal error, please try again later."
It is now the second day after I first ran into that trouble. I have tried three different browsers, and tried from my home computer, and from a different computer at work, but always the same crash and the same message.
On the left side of my city I have a u-shaped pocket 5x5, but trying to put my expansion there causes the game to crash. Am I the only one who has had this problem?

DeletedUser213

The moderator's explanation does make sense to me. I'm glad to have an explanation.

DeletedUser

I've got that problem today for the first time.
I wonder how long it will last?

DeletedUser395

It will last until you get the next research expansion.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Thanks folks! We're aware of the issue with research expansions, and this has been passed to the development team who are currently working on a resolution.
This issue is caused by the amount of Research Expansions you have already placed in your city. For some reason, some players had more Research Expansions in their city than they had actually researched. We have fixed that issue with our last update (to version 0.15). It is now also impossible to place those "extra" research expansions that you should not have had in the first place - after the update, the game now checks the amount of expansions you can place before actually placing it. As you already have the correct amount (or in some cases: more than would be the correct amount), you cannot place even more. The Build Menu still displays the expansion as "available", though, which makes it a bit confusing. Premium Expansions and Province Expansions are not affected by this issue.

We hope to have been able to clear up the cause of this issue a bit now. We do apologise for the inconvenience caused by it. Should you have any other questions, you can ask them here or contact our support.

I'm closing this thread as it is a duplicate of the one in the bugs forum. For further details and updates on the situation, please see this thread, which Katzenprinz also linked above.