• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered New tech tree chapter 12 ?

Annelore

what about the needles? Did you forget those or I am not able to see them?

needles increases barracks and also with needles at 11 minimum, you will get a lot stronger archers.

And if you rush to fast through chapters, you will never get the balance with upgrading wonders.

I know that, because I rushed a city from chapter 4 to chapter 14 and now I am still in this chapter since 1 year to get all other stuff done.
It's mandatory now to have your barracks at level 15 in chapter 5 now it is not necessary at the time and still not.

Karvest

Quests are just a guideline, you are not forced to do them. If you want a non-fighting city you should just ignore quests and don't place barracks at all. as well as skip most of city expansions (better use only premium ones, and very few of them), if you want to be competitive in tournament.

Annelore

Quests are just a guideline, you are not forced to do them. If you want a non-fighting city you should just ignore quests and don't place barracks at all. as well as skip most of city expansions (better use only premium ones, and very few of them), if you want to be competitive in tournament.
I'll like a hybird city but at the moment having two opposing waves in the spire doesn't help with that.

Karvest

I don't remember really opposing waves in spire (but I haven't seen a lot of setups there as I'm not progressing my city now - so no changes in spire, every week is the same), usually there is some common workaround. But anyway, I don't fight in spire without expiring buildings + almost all military AWs maxed out.
Hybrid city is a military city with the space left from guest races dedicated to goods production between chapters.

Karvest

You can just switch to fighting only and do less provinces in tourney while going through the chapter. You still need some goods production for the chapter, but much less than you can waste on high score tourney.

salandrine

two waves in spire you'll get at first floor only at the doors. These waves are normally can be done by good army and also a phenix. If you dont have a phenix, it will be difficult to get through the 1st BigBoss.

On 2nd floor and also on 3rd floor there are always two waves, sometimes there a 3 waves. Thats normal.

And fighting there without expiring boost building and a phenix is very very difficult.

So, stay in your chapter, increase the fight wonders, build up a phenix and collect troop boosters. Then you can even try to fight the spire to the top.

Annelore

Just wow, @salandrine sorry to burst your love for having a phoenix for you and the must stop and max out military to fight the spire. You are wrong about needing a phoenix to fight to all the way to the first boss and even all the way to the third boss of the spire. To go all the way with fighting to the third boss you need the right mix of expiring buildings.

The only major problem with fighting the spire is this, the troop lineup to defeat wave 1 is the same troops that are weakest against wave 2 opponents.