• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered New tech tree chapter 12 ?

Annelore

Has anyone on the new tech tree reached chapter 12? This difficulty setting for the spire and tournament without luck from the magic academy is running me out of goods since I need to negotiate the opposing wave battles on live. I'm asking here since my live account was started shortly after the new tech tree came to live world's.

I'm curious to know if once in chapter 12 if those on the new tech tree can actually really start stockpiling goods. As long as I don't need to negotiate spire or tournament I can stockpile some goods.

Enevhar Aldarion

Only the research in chapters 1-5 were changed with the new tech tree. All the guest race chapters are exactly the same as the old tech tree, so I don't see how those changes could affect anyone as far into the game as chapter 12.

Annelore

Only the research in chapters 1-5 were changed with the new tech tree. All the guest race chapters are exactly the same as the old tech tree, so I don't see how those changes could affect anyone as far into the game
I take it you know no one who reached chapter 12 on the new tech tree or did all the testers go to chapter 6 on the new tech tree and then stop. I'll like to actually play spire and tournament but I'm getting the impression until I reach the last chapter that will be impossible.

Lilyawen

Game Moderator
Elvenar Team
It seems to me that you have a lot of buildings that have not been upgraded to their maximum level considering you are at chapter 12. This does not help your production at all. There is no way you can keep up with negotiation costs that way, since your manufactories are more like at chapter 5 level. Just for example, your crystal manufactories are at level 11, and they should be level 23 if I am not mistaken. Level 23 produces 4 times more (334/3h instead on only 82/3h) assuming your boost has reached its maximum level. You may also consider adding wonders such as Mountain Halls to boost your goods even more.

Annelore

It seems to me that you have a lot of buildings that have not been upgraded to their maximum level considering you are at chapter 12. This does not help your production at all. There is no way you can keep up with negotiation costs that way, since your manufactories are more like at chapter 5 level. Just for example, your crystal manufactories are at level 11, and they should be level 23 if I am not mistaken. Level 23 produces 4 times more (334/3h instead on only 82/3h) assuming your boost has reached its maximum level. You may also consider adding wonders such as Mountain Halls to boost your goods even
Your looking at my beta city, different username for live. I asked here due to starting my city on live right around launch of the new tech tree it's chapter 11 and I don't think anyone else has gotten further than me yet over there. Discovering that the developers like upping the difficulty from time to time with tournament cycles isn't helping at all that just makes this game even more reliant on crafting in the magic academy.

It's like inno saw pure RNG based games with their pulls from chests or portals and went how can we make this even worst.

Karvest

There shouldn't be a big difference between old tech tree chapter 11 city and new tech tree chapter 11 city.
Quick rush through the chapters doesn't mean getting a good balanced city.
+ Negotiating tournaments becomes harder as you progressing through chapters. The further you go, the less tournament provinces you can afford to cater, not mater if you are on old tree or new one.

Annelore

There shouldn't be a big difference between old tech tree chapter 11 city and new tech tree chapter 11 city.
Quick rush through the chapters doesn't mean getting a good balanced city.
+ Negotiating tournaments becomes harder as you progressing through chapters. The further you go, the less tournament provinces you can afford to cater, not mater if you are on old tree or new one.
The new five chapters aren't meant to be taken at a snail pace. I was under the impression since I managed all the way to chapter 11 with very very little in cross tier trades and not a single unbalanced trade that I did indeed make a balanced I guess not.

Karvest

I'm talking not about balance in trades and tiers, but about city production/city size balance.

Karvest

90 expansions is a huge city (a big part is dedicated for guest race or even unused).
Your city is far from a good fighting city yet (low military AWs levels, no Fire Phoenix, no Brown Bear).
At the same time it has a lot of space dedicated for military buildings, no goods producing sets and huge part of AW levels are military => not enough goods for negotiating.
That's the cost of the rush through the chapters - to do it quickly you need a lot of space which increases your spire/tourney costs + you have no time to develop your AWs to a decent level.

Lilyawen

Game Moderator
Elvenar Team
Your looking at my beta city, different username for live. I asked here due to starting my city on live right around launch of the new tech tree it's chapter 11 and I don't think anyone else has gotten further than me yet over there. Discovering that the developers like upping the difficulty from time to time with tournament cycles isn't helping at all that just makes this game even more reliant on crafting in the magic academy.

It's like inno saw pure RNG based games with their pulls from chests or portals and went how can we make this even worst.
Oops sorry, I assumed your difficulties were on Beta since this is the Beta Forum ;)

Annelore

Oops sorry, I assumed your difficulties were on Beta since this is the Beta Forum ;)
Nope, I was wondering if anyone on beta was having similar issue. Any chance you can pass on the message that mobile either needs to be able to select their troops on the map prior to autofighting or give us manual fighting. It's hard choosing troops for the second wave when the first wave opponent is strong against the troops need to win the first wave.

Annelore

@Karvest Ancient wonders don't start til chapter 4 now and you get six of them just in that chapter alone. New players are starting out are behind on the wonders.

Why are two old event buildings so ingrained into the game? I mean they structured the difficulty of fight around players having them, why didn't they nerf them instead?

Karvest

You still have a way to get that buildings, just need some time. + they give just an opportunity to fight a bit further (it is enough to fight the spire with 1-2 UUUs/1DA in the city, but adds just a few provinces in tourney).
The main limiter for high score tournaments is amount of expiring buildings, which you can sustain only after finishing ch14 and leveling timewarp, before that you will end up with being able to do not more than 2-3 high score tourneys per 9 weeks cycle, doesn't matter if you have Fire Phoenix/Brown Bear or not.

Lovec Krys

@Annelore If you don't have Fire Phoenix, I strongly recomend to exchange all current Phoenix artefacts into the old one and level your Fire Phoenix once you craft it.
Fire Phoenix is the base of your fighting.

Lovec Krys

Well, there's no help in this.

You can have current state:Fire Phoenix +50% dmg to all troops.
As a consequence new players need to obtain and level this building which takes some time.

You can have another new building with same or similar properties.
As a consequence old players would basicaly have active effects as if they all had multiple Fire phoenixes (just imagine players like me having equivalent of 5 Fire phoenixes while you have 1 (not even mentioning probability of tournaments getting harder after each of this building or tournament ending in competition who has the most provinces scouted and cleared each week))

You can nerf Fire Phoenix.
As a consequence you get massive drops in tournament scores among players and massive rage topics on each forum and a wave of players quitting (much worse than when current tourney formula was introduced).

As you can see, the current option is way better than other possibilities.

Lovec Krys

You mean nerfing Fire Phoenix and add new one for the same, so instead of +50% for 1 pet food you get +10% for 2 pet food?
Do you think that won't make a mass rage over forums and mass quit?

salandrine

what about the needles? Did you forget those or I am not able to see them?

needles increases barracks and also with needles at 11 minimum, you will get a lot stronger archers.

And if you rush to fast through chapters, you will never get the balance with upgrading wonders.

I know that, because I rushed a city from chapter 4 to chapter 14 and now I am still in this chapter since 1 year to get all other stuff done.