• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion New Spire of Eternity rewards!

Pauly7

I still believe this whole project with giving out artefacts in the spire is completely useless to over 90% of players, so they should certainly do something. I don't want to lose out on more pet food and for the most part I don't want the extra artefacts, but for the good of the game I really hope they eventually realise the problem with this and how all they're doing is devaluing the spire. If losing out on one pet food a week is the cost then that is better than what is happening right now... What would be ten times better is - stop putting old artefacts as Spire of Eternity prizes.

meira

I like the idea of a universal artifact that can be used to evolve anything. That would be the best reward for every level.

Uffauffa

I was assuming not as craftable but as a spire reward. So, mermaid and/or phoenix artifacts in the spire.
Just one day and we will get the answer in any case.

Btw, I bet that after mermaids, in spire it will be offered the (old) bear artifacts. Just following the history of the events.

Arthus

What this announcement mean? Some people think it will be siren + phoenix at once...

After wasting 1600 diamonds in academy and still getting no recipe for blueprints i would welcome any old phoenix artifacts but not in "% of chance" way, too much chance here, chance there, it's not a lottery game

Universal artifact is in talks for such a long time that really they should come up with some ideas since then.
Some people already have 9+ stonehenge artifacts without 2nd building to craft and they are stuck with useless artifacts in inventory

Lelanya

I still believe this whole project with giving out artefacts in the spire is completely useless to over 90% of players, so they should certainly do something. I don't want to lose out on more pet food and for the most part I don't want the extra artefacts, but for the good of the game I really hope they eventually realise the problem with this and how all they're doing is devaluing the spire. If losing out on one pet food a week is the cost then that is better than what is happening right now... What would be ten times better is - stop putting old artefacts as Spire of Eternity prizes.
Well they can hardly stop now Pauly, especially with the three bears coming up next.

SoggyShorts

Ok next question for how long?
6 weeks, same as spire.
Like I said, minor impact. I'm not saying we should add 13+ crafting recipes all at once, just one itty bitty recipe so that a new player has a real chance at getting a mostly evolved building in the 6 weeks that they are offered in the spire.
Heck, if they can code it like the chess set, remove the recipe for players who have a level 10 evolved building or 9+ artifacts in inventory.

CrazyWizard

6 weeks, same as spire.
Like I said, minor impact. I'm not saying we should add 13+ crafting recipes all at once, just one itty bitty recipe so that a new player has a real chance at getting a mostly evolved building in the 6 weeks that they are offered in the spire.
Heck, if they can code it like the chess set, remove the recipe for players who have a level 10 evolved building or 9+ artifacts in inventory.
Ain't 6 weeks just as arbitrary as the 6 weeks spire?
exactly the same argument will come up but then for the academy.

Pauly7

Well they can hardly stop now Pauly, especially with the three bears coming up next.
The bears make some sense, because there were three of them. So this works for the same reason that the Phoenixes worked. There is no doubt a large proportion of people that need a few more artefacts to finish the next one.

The bear artefacts are no good for me, but I wouldn't object to that as something that benefits a lot of people. Putting all the other artefacts in just makes me mad though because the idea seems so wholly pointless to me... OK, not wholly pointless because there are a few people who played the original event, but didn't see it through to the end. They are the only ones this is good for... Plus those lucky ones, of course, who smash the RNG and come out of the 6 week run with 9 artefacts or more.

Enevhar Aldarion

The bears make some sense, because there were three of them. So this works for the same reason that the Phoenixes worked. There is no doubt a large proportion of people that need a few more artefacts to finish the next one.

The bear artefacts are no good for me, but I wouldn't object to that as something that benefits a lot of people. Putting all the other artefacts in just makes me mad though because the idea seems so wholly pointless to me... OK, not wholly pointless because there are a few people who played the original event, but didn't see it through to the end. They are the only ones this is good for... Plus those lucky ones, of course, who smash the RNG and come out of the 6 week run with 9 artefacts or more.

Not pointless at all to me. I started my Beta city during the Air Traders event last June, so all the older artifacts are useful to me, if I get enough of them.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Ain't 6 weeks just as arbitrary as the 6 weeks spire?
exactly the same argument will come up but then for the academy.
I don't think you are getting it.
  • In the spire, for 6 weeks we can win a mermaid artifact.
  • The average player getting to the top will win 5.5 artifacts.
  • winning 5.5 artifacts is useless.
  • With an added Mermaid recipe in the MA for those 6 weeks, they could turn that 5.5 into 9 and actually get a Mermaid worth placing.
As discussed multiple times, most players have either 0 artifacts or a max building already, so unless something is added, having artifacts rotate through the spire all year is going to be crap most of the time for most players.

Pauly7

Not pointless at all to me. I started my Beta city during the Air Traders event last June, so all the older artifacts are useful to me, if I get enough if them.
But that's just it - You will very most likely not get enough artefacts in their current system. That's why it's useless to players who didn't play the event the first time... unless you happen to want to build a level 7 Stonehenge. That's why I'm promoting the idea of an extra crafting option because this is only good for such a narrow proportion of people right now (2019 phoenixes and bears notwithstanding). It's just good for people who played part of an event (such as @SoggyShorts in the Stonehenge event - you'll do well to find many more though.)

SoggyShorts

Not pointless at all to me. .. if I get enough if them.
And therefore pointless.

What level of building is worth placing? (aside from maybe from bears,birds, and huts)
8+?
Well the odds are heavily against you, even if you are in the x% of players who do 100% of the spire every single week.
For xx% of players the odds of getting an evolving building worth placing from the spire in under 14 months (2 FULL rotations) are abysmal.

I'd even call it pointless.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

It's just good for people who played part of an event (such as @SoggyShorts in the Stonehenge event)
LoL yeah exactly. If there are more than a dozen players who quit playing mid-event and came back over a year later I'd be shocked.

CrazyWizard

And therefore pointless.

What level of building is worth placing? (aside from maybe from bears,birds, and huts)
8+?
Well the odds are heavily against you, even if you are in the x% of players who do 100% of the spire every single week.
For xx% of players the odds of getting an evolving building worth placing from the spire in under 14 months (2 FULL rotations) are abysmal.

witch hut is neutral al level 3, beneficial at 3+, may tree I have 7 artefacts on my mini, not sure where it becomes clearly interesting but at 8 is was perfect for me.

6 weeks for a crafting buy that cost 3 blueprints is nearly as pointless, it's 2 artefacts as you can only get 6 blueprints in 6 weeks. and you have no clue how many you get out of the spire before the fact.

So if I want it to be "full" say 8 pus I need more than 6 weeks.
See how arbitrary 6 weeks is?

So then what 12 weeks? 18 weeks? 27 weeks?
Where does the argument for this case stops? because the case you make now other will make if that recipe leaves before they have been able to get 9 artefacts.

Enevhar Aldarion

But that's just it - You will very most likely not get enough artefacts in their current system. That's why it's useless to players who didn't play the event the first time... unless you happen to want to build a level 7 Stonehenge. That's why I'm promoting the idea of an extra crafting option because this is only good for such a narrow proportion of people right now (2019 phoenixes and bears notwithstanding). It's just good for people who played part of an event (such as @SoggyShorts in the Stonehenge event - you'll do well to find many more though.)
And therefore pointless.

8+?

I will compare my two cities.

First, my Live city, where I go to the top every week. During the 6 weeks for the Phoenix artifact, I needed 7 to have all three Phoenix maxed out. I got 6 in six weeks. So I just had to do one recipe during the Phoenix event to get that last one to max. Next up is Stonehenge. There are still 2 weeks to go for that and I already have 10 artifacts. But I maxed my Stonehenge out in the original event and have since used RRs to upgrade it to my current chapter 17 level. I wonder how many more of them I will get in the next two weeks of the Spire? And then Mermaid, which I also have maxed out, but not fully leveled to chapter 17. For that one, if I get the same luck and get at least 9 artifacts, I may take the risk and sell the old one and hope for a new base to show up in crafting before the six weeks ends.

Second, my Beta city, where I never go further than completing the 2nd floor. I got one Phoenix artifact in 6 weeks. I think I got 3 Stonehenge artifacts in 6 weeks. I did not keep track and disenchanted them as I got them because I knew I would not get enough to make it worth putting out. I actually need to look at the Mermaid numbers for chapter 11 to see if there is a specific break point, where it goes from space waster to useful.

Karvest

For me mermaids would be the first artifact in spire that I would appreciate (as I have another base and 4 artifacts in spare since event), but I guess there are not many players like me.

CrazyWizard

For me mermaids would be the first artifact in spire that I would appreciate (as I have another base and 4 artifacts in spare since event), but I guess there are not many players like me.
I like it for events on my mini edge case account, I have no factories / relic bonus soon so I need a building that grants me T1 as a production (panda bear won't work as it's a bonus not a production :S)

Lelanya

Boy I must have been working and moving, lol, because I have one city that got 9 Mermaid Artifacts, the rest can all use one or two.

SoggyShorts

I needed 7 to have all three Phoenix maxed out. I got 6 in six weeks. So I just had to do one recipe during the Phoenix event
Phoenix/bears are unique because
1. Event with conversions.
2. more than 1 building uses the same artifact
3. recipe to craft from BP is available.
Next up is Stonehenge. There are still 2 weeks to go for that and I already have 10 artifacts.
On the far edge of the bell curve when the expected result is half that.
But I maxed my Stonehenge out in the original event and have since used RRs to upgrade it to my current chapter 17 level.
Oh so the prize is pointless then
And then Mermaid, which I also have maxed out, but not fully leveled to chapter 17
Making the prizes pointless again.
Second, my Beta city, where I never go further than completing the 2nd floor. I got one Phoenix artifact in 6 weeks.
Close to pointless
I think I got 3 Stonehenge artifacts in 6 weeks. I did not keep track and disenchanted them as I got them because I knew I would not get enough to make it worth putting out.
pointless
I actually need to look at the Mermaid numbers for chapter 11 to see if there is a specific break point, where it goes from space waster to useful.
probably going to be...pointless.