• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Ancient wonders

DeletedUser1854

It would be nice to see the wonders do new things, like have one boost the reward of donating to someone else, Like the Arc does in FOE, and another one that increases the boost that neighborly help does to the Builders Hut

DeletedUser1877

What about one that boosts your reward for helping your neighbor, might get some people back in the habit?

Heymrdiedier

What about one that boosts your reward for helping your neighbor, might get some people back in the habit?
Thats called the crystal lighthouse?

i suspect a wonder that boosts training speed of mercenary camp, or a wonder that gives you free treants/paladin ;)

DeletedUser1877

Thank you, I'll assume you are right, haven't managed to build any AWs yet.

DeletedUser607

Thats called the crystal lighthouse?

i suspect a wonder that boosts training speed of mercenary camp, or a wonder that gives you free treants/paladin ;)

well, actually, crystal lighthouse AND watchtower ruins.

CL boosts giving neighborly help, and prolongs the duration of the polishing-effect
WTR boosts the culture of the polishing-effect.

besides, the WTR acts as a non-polishable cultural building too.

having CL and WTR means, that the polish is stronger AND remains longer. essentially, both benefit from each other.

DeletedUser1854

Gandolfus is asking for an AW that boosts the reward you get when you polish not helps your city when you get polished, therefore only the Lighthouse/Bellspire counts.

DeletedUser1899

How about a wonder that reduces scouting times or even gives an extra scout?

How about a wonder that grants you a points % for the tournament for each star completed you gain an additional % of points?

How about a wonder that build up slowly over time, and once it build up you click it and it boosts everything in your city for a short time?

Just some thoughts

Dhurrin

How about first working on a way to get the needed runes together?
Each time a new wonder is added the chance of getting a rune for the one you want to build decreases. That in itself would be bad enough, but then you are faced with runes breaking when you want to insert them.

To fully complete the ring you need to place 9 runes. I find that on average I need about 20-25 to actually do so due to runes breaking.

With 14 wonders the chance on a rune of the wonder I want is 1/14.
Meaning that to build or upgrade a specific wonder one needs to collect about 20x14 runes! Thats kinda bad
Those numbers arent going to come from clearing provinces. And even though the tourneys are a source of runes, its not in that amount

Sir Squirrel

@Dhurrin I agree that we need more ways to get runes or at least a way to change them to ones we do want, but every new chapter after dwarves has had two new wonders, so if the pattern stays the same there will be two for every chapter to come, so we might as well have some that we will actually want to build.

Heymrdiedier

To fully complete the ring you need to place 9 runes. I find that on average I need about 20-25 to actually do so due to runes breaking.

actually the real avarage is 18 runes to get 1 full. Tho im not sure if that includes using the 10 shards you got, i think not actually.

And even though the tourneys are a source of runes, its not in that amount
I think tourneys are a very great source of runes, im even hesitating to say how many i get here, out of fear they will be nerfing it if they read it :)
on average i get 12-16 runes each week from tournament(and thats a slow tournament week). with the new fellowship tournament i can add 3 or 5 bonus ones to that also.
And if i count in the ammount of kp i get each week from those tournaments i can get a few more by adding those kp to the wonders of my fellowship or straight to the wonders of strangers if i want to go for a specific wonder.

The tournament runes you cannot control and indeed only 1/16 will be usefull to you, but with the kp you get from the tournament you can hunt for the runes you actually want.

Dhurrin

@Heymrdiedier
18 may be your average, it certainly is not mine, thats 21 at the moment (been keeping track)

And yes, runes break and with 10 you can force a rune. Point is, when I put up a wonder I dont want, then sell it so I can fill the ring again do you really think Im going to use the 10 shards to fill that one? Like hell, I ll use it force a rune for a wonder I do want. So I need more runes for such a wonder.
But even having 10 shards doesnt always mean you can force the rune you want, you can only do so when the ring needs to be filled. So I can not force a rune for my lvl 7 blooming trader, even though Id like stacking up on those.

Furthermore, I now have a monastery lvl 7. So, I could fill the ring again at lvl 11 and lvl 16. If I wanted it to go there, but ok. Even with my average of 21, Id need 42 runes. I have 96. What the heck are they good for?
And selling that to fill the ring really is no serious option as it would be a huge waste of the kps invested.
I'd LIKE runes for the prosperity towers, since I cant get it to lvl 6, but in all that time I only filled 3. And already had 2 break on that! And 2 of those filled positions came from breaking runes for wonders I dont want.

As for the tournaments, that may be so for you. But I have to either autofight or cater if I want to get to that many since I just dont have the time to do the battles, it just takes too long to do so manually. Not to mention that your performance in the tourneys is rather above what the average player manages I think

Last edited:

DeletedUser1854

What about having them add "blank" rune stones, they would be good for any wonder but not a guaranteed one. And have them obtained as neighborly bonus rewards.

Dhurrin

What about having them add "blank" rune stones, they would be good for any wonder but not a guaranteed one. And have them obtained as neighborly bonus rewards.

I wouldnt mind that, as long as they are really rare. I prefer something to be done, and getting the right runes could in my view be made a tad less difficult, but if these were too common it would be too easy.

DeletedUser1665

I still like the idea of a rune trader even if it is a 10 to 1 ratio (same as breaking 10) to get the one you want.......

DeletedUser1854

That might be a really good idea, just like breaking a rune only you can trade those runes that you have and don't want without having to use them