• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle More Barracks/ Individual barracks

DeletedUser651

There isn't much to actually do in this game once you get past the first two or three weeks. I think fighting is fun and leads to us discovering a lot more provinces which reduces the problems of not having trading partners. I can understand not wanting to waste space to build more barracks, but can't we have a way....any way... to reduce the training of the troops significantly? Make the barracks upgrades more significant. Reduce training time. Let us trade relics for further barracks upgrades. Something. Anything.

If the devs don't want to make the research tree longer and the grids bigger, then ok, I can see where getting kp faster would get you through the research tree more quickly than they want. So, how about cutting the number of kp you get from winning a fight? Cut it in half and reduce training time in half so that we can fight twice as easily. Then, the game would be more fun and nothing would be completed faster.

Sure, waiting for your troops to be recruited can be annoying, but that's just the way it is.

Then let's change it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This time I agree with Bobbykitty: many interesting and reasonable ideas have been proposed...I'm thinking about them :)

DeletedUser

I don't even care about training time. What I want is different training grounds looks that fit with the lore. Think about it, who trains dogs in a human castle? No one ever did it was all done outside. Why are crossbowmen shooting in a place where paladins are parading? Why are axe barbarians training in the paladine palace, oh wait none of these things even happen. All I see is a lumpy paladin parading on top of a castle and y troops magically appear. People are complaing about manufactories I am complaing about unlogical training.

DeletedUser

Well, again I understand the point of the game is for Inno to make money. Honestly, I am not the point where I want to spend real money to improve my city. I will use F.O.E. as an example and I am sorry I know people hate that, but there you have separate barracks for each troop and I dont think it made the game any easier or quicker . Again, I enjoy the battle part of the world map, wish there was PvP. Like I said in previous post, I would rather use my goods for other purposes. I think it makes the game to easy to negotiate your way through it . I get that this is a more passive game but I am hoping they will use some of the ideas from their previous games..

DeletedUser

It doesn't even have to be quicker you know. just make building requierements for units while the training is connected to every building. Say You train 3 barbarians in the barracks then you want to build a priest squad in a temple. It has to be lore friendly. In rl training isn't done in the same building nor if you have five buildings is it quicker because you have only so many recruits.

DeletedUser43

Let's keep this idea focused on having a specific barrack per unit, and discuss the idea of shortening the training time here (click). :)

DeletedUser

LAuwi if you are talking about what I wrote you are really disappointeing me. I was making a point of having individual training grounds.

DeletedUser43

Don't worry, I know you were. I was just saying it because some of the earlier posts went further on the path of shortening the training time and I'd like to avoid discussing that topic in this thread, as there already is another thread for it. ;)

DeletedUser651

It is all related. If you have more barracks you shorten your training time, and ultimately that is the point.

What I see people not liking is the idea of needing more precious space to use on barracks and I agree. What I also see people wanting is to find a way to train more troops at once. Thus, a lot of us are discussing a way to have that happen without losing precious city space.

Another way to accomplish the goal of getting more troops trained faster, and possibly to address some of Drialik's concerns, would be to have different training areas within the barracks. So the footprint of the barracks stays the same, but functionality and quicker training time is added.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

possibly to address some of Drialik's concerns, would be to have different training areas within the barracks.
Now you really didn't listen to me. It was never about having a shorter training time with me. It was about having building requirements for troops.

DeletedUser967

I'm not agree with shorten training time and more barracks. Please....don't make this game easier than it is now, please.

DeletedUser

Thank you ulQuiorra, I am trying to make the game harder by having to expend space for military buildings.

DeletedUser967

Yes of course because barracks are more important buildings than other, yes. And doubtless each one new barracks have the same value of training slots - this certainly make the game harder.....