• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle More Barracks/ Individual barracks

DeletedUser

I like the fighting part of the quests and saving my goods for the tech tree. I am finding it , hmm how to say this, difficult on the wait times of training troops. Maybe, the ability to build more barracks or a barracks for each group of armies ... i.e. 1. sword dancers, 2. archers, 3.treant, and so on. What does everyone else think?

DeletedUser

it would take up space i agree, but I think the only easy point of it would be, being able train more troops...It gets tiresome waiting to build up troops to fight the world map. When 3 enemy troops take out 50 of my troops, I think the ability to make more troops would cut down on the irritation of the loss of troops so quickly.

DeletedUser

Following your arguments , I will remain neutral on this suggestion .
I hope there will be other points of view.

DeletedUser43

I've changed the prefix of this thread to "Battle", as all ideas related to Barracks have this prefix.

This idea is also related to the idea about army assembly points in the city (click). That idea is more about the visual aspect, although it could be combined with your idea about specific barracks for each unit. Perhaps you'd like to check it out. ;)

DeletedUser651

Anything that would make it easier to fight I am all in favor of. The waiting for troops to be trained has really killed a lot of the enjoyment of this game for me. I would support getting more barracks. I would also support the idea that it takes just as long to train 60 troops as it did to train 12 troops when you started. Anything to get those troops trained faster as the game goes on.

DeletedUser

I understand the times, which do increase a lot as your troop size increases, that makes sense. I think with another barracks you could train sword fighters for however long, and archers for however long.. Instead of waiting to train sword then archers...

DeletedUser

I don't think I like this it would take up quite a bit of space and it doesn't really bother me to have to wait a little longer

DeletedUser118

I agree with those who are against this idea. I too have to say that more barracks would eat up too much space and goods. I'd rather like to see the enemy numbers growing not so rapidly but in a smoother way. Plus I want more squad upgrades or another possibility to increase my size of troops to be able to keep up with enemy forces.

DeletedUser

I agrre with other player who don't like this idea too...it'd be too much expensive about space and goods :(

DeletedUser

well i think there needs to be more sources of cultural bonuses which would help in the area of space, but to have to wait 6 hours to train golems, sword fighters, treants, and archers is a little crazy.. I think if there was an additional barracks or barracks for each different troops would make it just a little easier (time wise) for those of us who like to fight on the world map.

DeletedUser967

I can say one think, maybe more goods for upgrading more barracks is not to expensive - it's only goods, you can produce that or use trader BUT space is not for purchasing when you want. Here is much more better options to use free space than build next barracks with new size from time to time....

This is real reason why I HATE this idea.

DeletedUser

you get more expansions while winning on the world map, I would rather use my goods for trade for the tech tree, then use them to negotiate my way thru the map. with that being said , there is a perfect example of why to build armies faster or the ability to make more...winning on the map =expansions, so that you can build more ..

DeletedUser629

You can reduce the training time by using diamonds if you want. Sure, waiting for your troops to be recruted can be annoying, but that's just the way it is. I don't like the idea of having more barracks for faster troop recruiting, players will get to finish provinces way too easy that way. Try to find a nice balance between fighting and negotiating, you can progress just fine that way.

DeletedUser

not saying change times on training, but maybe a building for each type of troop...it just seems as though I am reduced to negotiating and dont want to do that

DeletedUser629

Which is directly linked to the fact that you have to wait for your troops to be ready, so you want to have more barracks to recruit more troops simultaneously to reduce the waiting time.