• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City Make the Magic Academy delete-able

• Thread starter DeletedUser1075
  • Start date

DeletedUser1075

There has been plenty of discussion on this server about the value (or lack thereof) of the Magic Academy. Why then is this quest non-declinable? I can't even build-then-delete the building, as it is also not delete-able. I'm now stuck with no ability to progress in the fairy storyline because of this - either I lose an expansion to a building that I have been actively stating I don't want and see no use for, or I lose the entire storyline.

There are only a few required buildings:
1. Main hall - required to hold coins and workshop storage, and as a base for all roads.
2. Builders hut - required to build things
3. Trader - required to trade goods
4. Barracks - required to build troops

In the first three of the above cases, you cannot play the game without the required building.

Barracks should not be required, though most of us find it useful - even the storyline acknowledges you can play the game without a barracks. So this should not be required either. But since I actually DO use troops, I'm less concerned about this building. It does have value, even if there are a few folks who prefer not to use it.

Magic Academy not only isn't required to play the game, it's nearly useless in it's current form. And it takes up a ton of space. Some folks who have built it wish they had not. This isn't a small minority - it's a large group. Run the numbers - of those who have done the research and NOT hit the fairy required quest, how many build? How many build in order to complete the quest (build timing within x hours of quest completion would give you that answer). These are simple ways to see the perceptions of this building beyond what the vocal minority is telling you in this forum.

Please make the quest for Magic Academy declinable, or make the building delete-able. I'd like to see the fairy storyline, but I will miss out on that rather than spend 2+ weeks trying to get an expansion for a building I won't use. I have much better things to place here in this game.

Here are links to a few other threads which request the same or similar:
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/do-you-want-to-build-a-magic-academy.4580/
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/magic-academy-quest-not-declinable.4657/
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...lains-about-customer-service.4562/#post-32420

If the intent is to make the Magic Academy powerful - that should be done before it is forced on everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

PLEASE make either the quest declinable, or the building deletable. Please! I built it in one of my cities, and I regret the loss of valuable space. Like Grace said, if the building will become more usefull, fine. But don't force it down our throats before we get to taste it.