• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other Get rid of "Dead Cities"

Brummbaer

New Idea

Motivation:

To have an active center of Elvenar Players, I think it is a good idea to move the inactive ones to the outer ring.

This could be done by change the default setting in the city from:

move to a better position (default flagged: yes)
to move tot he outer ring (default flagged: yes)
This could start with a delay time of 60 days, so every active player (also those are on vacation) can uncheck this box to keep the position.

>>> Send an „Ingame-Message“ to all players (like the Special Offer) with this activity<<<

After the delay time perform the movement of the inactive players and reset the settings back to:

Greetings Brummbaer

DeletedUser

You don't need a setting for that. They can just check the last login time and move everybody who hasn't logged in during the last 60 days to the outer rim.

DeletedUser

New Idea

Motivation:

To have an active center of Elvenar Players, I think it is a good idea to move the inactive ones to the outer ring.

This could be done by change the default setting in the city from:

to move tot he outer ring (default flagged: yes)
This could start with a delay time of 60 days, so every active player (also those are on vacation) can uncheck this box to keep the position.

>>> Send an „Ingame-Message“ to all players (like the Special Offer) with this activity<<<

After the delay time perform the movement of the inactive players and reset the settings back to:

Greetings Brummbaer

I don't think that would work. An active player immediately unchecks the "move to outer ring" box. And becomes inactive a few weeks/months later while the box remains unchecked.

You don't need a setting for that. They can just check the last login time and move everybody who hasn't logged in during the last 60 days to the outer rim.

You are so right

DeletedUser1681

There is this other game where there is a set amount player spots in a village - should you become inactive (can't remember how many days) your spot is vacated and somebody else can move in. Should the inactive become active again he/she is placed close to the spot from where he/she disappeared from.
So basically something similar that you suggested.

However the game that we play is made of a bigger area (a neighborhood) than a village of 6-7 players so I think that 60 days that you suggested is a bit too tight. Think of summertime - it's not unheard of that students who might be keen players just push things that interest them during other times of year aside for summer holidays. 90 days sounds better.

I myself started a year ago and have several cities in my neighborhood that have not shown any signs of life during that time (some of them have those bye-bye messages). I would be very happy if there would something done about them.... I'm feel too lazy right now to check, but I think there is a suggestion made about that not so long ago.

Hmmm. Now I wonder if I've lost my place in the village *wanders off to check*

SoggyShorts

The way player movement is supposed to work
Check if active
if no, skip
if yes, check for hex with same boosts closer to center of map
if no, skip
if yes, move player.

What has to happen first in order for it to actually work is
Check if active
if yes, skip
if no, check for hex with same boosts further from center