• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

TomatoeHu

It will predictably be the same building as previous phoenix events, and handful of new ones. I have last Years listed on my quest list if this helps

Arthus

There are only 4 new ones and all are mediocre and not worth using compared to other ones around, for mana better get burning pool than lava egg, for seeds nothing compares to festival merchants, for population it's waste of space, better wait for Venar's Rocks III or if you don't have winter stars/fathers of candy canes, try to get igloo festival from academy crafting chests.

Rest is copycat from last phoenix. I don't know who is responsible for these events but i agree with opinions from live forums, that this person might be hired by rival company to do what is done here. I just stop expecting anything and continue with base game. Chapter 16 please come soon.

Last edited:

Lissona

… for mana better get burning pool than lava egg…
You're right, if you look at it purely from the mathematical point of view. But maybe the buildings are also intended for different target groups?
If you can be online every 12 hours, take the Burning Pool.
But if you can only be online every 24 hours (because you only play a little bit in the evening after work, for example), you are much better off with the Lava Egg.

Maybe a stupid question: but does the Festival Merchant even exist before you reach Chapter 15? I never saw him before (but I heard about it), and with Chapter 15 he has been there constantly in the Academy.

Deleted User - 81190

Maybe a stupid question: but does the Festival Merchant even exist before you reach Chapter 15? I never saw him before (but I heard about it), and with Chapter 15 he has been there constantly in the Academy.
It's not a stupid question. Festival Merchants are fairly recent addition to crafting (a few months old), so you wouldn't have seen it when playing earlier chapters. But now that it's there, even the earliest chapters would be able to craft these.

Arthus

You're right, if you look at it purely from the mathematical point of view. But maybe the buildings are also intended for different target groups?
If you can be online every 12 hours, take the Burning Pool.
But if you can only be online every 24 hours (because you only play a little bit in the evening after work, for example), you are much better off with the Lava Egg.

Get lava egg and then replace it with Manta during late summer event. Manta Ray is basically Burning Pool 24h version, they have minimal difference between chapters, Manta was slightly ahead before chapter 15.

Or try to get maximum mana huts possible which are even better mathematically but i didn't see them for a long time

Festival merchant gives hammers in chapters 1-5, goods in chapters 6-8, mana in chapters 9-10 and divine seeds from chapter 11 onward.

It's basically best seeds-producing building in the game right now considering it's easy crafting and being stronger than all event buildings excluding "Pond of Autumn" which is equal to Festival Merchant.

Shrine of Krarak theoretically has better seed ratio but it's 1x1 size building, element of Kirit/Krarak set which is not available in the game, and produces only 300 seeds per 24h overall.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1953

It will predictably be the same building as previous phoenix events, and handful of new ones. I have last Years listed on my quest list if this helps
Ok but Inno suppress wishing from GP. On the previous event, no wishing for daily building. And now, wishing or not wishing as daily reward ? Time reduction or not time reduction as daily reward (and how much 1x8h ?) ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lovec Krys

So much for feedback and developers' response to that.
When we had random quests, we were all screaming how much we hated to have repeated quests.
Now when we have fixed quests, we get supplies 3x in a row and produce huge amount of basic goods followed by even huger amount or basic of crafted goods...
Why do we even bother to write any feedback, when most times we get the exact opposite what we wish?

Last edited:

sunrae

Todays announcement does indeed prove that the developers do listen to feedback. Obviously they can't please all of the people all of the time but a big Thank You from me, this event has got way more interesting :D

iDavis

Well after these changes, I might reconsider my decision about not placing Coldfire phoenix.. :)

Lovec Krys

Well, I wrote it before the annoucement, so obviously sometimes they listen.

Does anybody know how many artefacts we might get by average from this event? If it's like Valentine, where unlucky players ended with 6 while finishing everything they could and picking everything, or more generous?

Marindor

Of course we listen :) But as I said a few days ago: Listening to feedback and taking it into consideration doesn't automatically mean that changes will be made. It's always good to keep in mind that feedback is just one of the factors that help decide whether or not changes should be made. As a player we have the luxury of not having to think about other factors or stakeholders than just our own game (and possibly that of our Fellowship members). We don't have to worry about things that are important for the company, like profitability, long term vision for the game, balancing issues for all current and future chapters et cetera. So feedback is just one of the factors of which such an entire decision consists. It's very valuable for us, since (especially on Beta), it's how experienced and often well advanced players who are top players or big FS leaders on their Live servers perceive things and it definitely helps us pinpoint the direction in which we should focus for any changes, but as a company we do always have to track data and compare the feedback with all the other things that are important to keep in mind when releasing an event/feature/chapter.

So long story short: As I said before: Feedback is always forwarded and considered and if it matches what we see in analytics and is line with our future plans for the game, it can lead to changes, but it doesn't automatically mean it always will. We don't have the time to actively come back at every single seperate suggestion or idea, but when we do make decisions/changes based on the feedback we received, we will always communicate it through our Release Notes/Ingame News, in the corresponding announcement or feedback threads and/or in other ways.

Karvest

Quest list was also changed.
Was waiting last hours for Scout 1 Province or upgrade 1 Building to level 16 or higher to complete, now it asks for Research 1 Technology or gain 40 Vision Vapor

Lovec Krys

@CrazyWizard The previous was better for advanced players. It takes longer to gain 40 VV, than to upgrade 1 lv 15 building to lv 16 (provided you have lv 15 building teleported in your inventory prepared).

@Marindor That building needed to upgrade desperately, but I thing it should go higher than it went. Stats would be fine for 24h cycle, but are still weak for 48h cycle.
For example 3x3 Panda CH15 produces 27K T2, while new Phoenix CH15 just 15K T4.
Even Gum Tree CH15 produces 1204 T4 (21h), so twice in 48h = 2408 and that's just 1x1 building. If you fit 8 in 16 squares (the other 16 squares for other set buildings for full bonus, you get over 19K T4.
So by my opinion the T4 production should raise at least to 25K (+66%).

DeletedUser3219

Here.
88212717_10216097649254626_4596377711307390976_n.jpg
Hi,just wanted to ask,did you copy Jack Luyt's pic?