• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Game won't load on browser or loads very slowly

palmira

The last. couple of hours it has been impossible to play on the browser, just the app. I have been playing in html5 for a long time now so it is not an html5 issue it is a game issue. I try to do something and the game doesn't respond. Reloading is a chance and very lengthy thing so I just move to the app. Live is working just fine.

I have an up to date MacBook Pro, 2,9 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3, with an Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB.

palmira

And is like this for 10 mn now. If it loads, I can't do anything

Screenshot at Jan 24 21-05-07.png

Deleted User - 86059

@palmira I just went in with Chrome collected some bits and put kp in AW all was fine.
Anyone else having an issue??

Quercus

The problem of loading the game in the browser arose not after the last change, but much earlier. In the described case, you may just need to clear the cache and everything will work. But it is common when the game load reaches 24 and then you need to wait a long time or overload the page. There is such a topic on the RU forum, so this is a problem for many players. Perhaps it's the quality of the internet, but that's just my guess.

Marindor

Hi guys!

As this is apparently not happening for everyone, let's try to find out what causes it. It's probably not browser related, as @Skillpowers mentioned it's happening in both Chrome and Firefox... Does clearing cache/cookies resolve the issue, as @Quercus suggested?

Alcaro

I had this problem with Chrome (in en2) but at the same time Beta was fine. I cleared cache several times (with all options selected when I did for the last time), restarted the browser and eventually also the laptop. After that all was OK. For another city I have (also in en2) I use Slimjet and didn't have this issue. Back to Beta, in FS chat my AM said that the game doesn't load no matter what she tried.

Nemisis

I had this problem for an hour this afternoon with an up to date iPad (7th generation). It was not a problem with internet as I could access other apps and browsers on the same iPad. It is now back to working normally. Just to add that the last few days Elvenar has been crashing mid game for me and its not a storage issue, as 80% is not currently used

palmira

I never had any problem with the app either on the ipad or the iphone but now I can't do anything on the browser, again. It was more or less Ok up until maybe 3pm in Lisbon, it would take forever to go to another player city to donate KPs and move to the map but I could collect, etc... But the live server is running like a clock so is not a cookie or whatever browser related issue.

PS: More then 2hrs and reinitiating my computer, still can't get in the browser. Live is running perfectly ( and zoom and everything else).

Last edited:

palmira

So this is what happens, when I finally can get into the game everything is Ok until I do something, accept a trade, collect something or brew something in the Magic Academy. After that, the game doesn't respond anymore, not even the logout button. Refresh doesn't work and closing the browser doesn't work either. After some time, an hour or more, I can get in the game to see the same thing happen again.

Marindor

@palmira Does switching browsers change anything for you? Also, do you have multiple Elvenar tabs open and if so, does it help to close the other ones and retry?

Pauly7

I have this problem occasionally, and I've never gotten to the bottom of it. I've had no problem at all this week, but I would say that about once a month... sometimes twice a month... I'll have a day (or just a morning, or an hour or two) when the browser version just won't load and I settle for using the app for a bit. I've found there to be no difference with different browsers or clearing cache and it usually just starts working again before I've ever found a resolution.

palmira

hi Marindor
@palmira Does switching browsers change anything for you? Also, do you have multiple Elvenar tabs open and if so, does it help to close the other ones and retry?
Switching browser doesn't help, I usually have 2 tabs with elvenar but I tried just beta on the browser, no more tabs and didn't work. So far today it has been working fine (even with a full zoom session, mic and video on).

It happens as Pauly says, out of the blue I have problems for a few hour or a few days and then it starts working fine again.

Deleted User - 65751

i have 4 browsers to choose from and loading in BETA and two other cities is absolutely HORRID... it happens all day everyday and now the trader is jacked up:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:, my last nerve with this game is fast approaching!

palmira

And the problem is still lingering, the problem is always worse at night - Lisbon time. Now I can only play on the app, again...

palmira

And today is back with a vengeance, it started 1h30 ago when I was recharging the factories, I managed to load 3 and the game froze. Since then, it doesn't load. Live is working fine, netflix is working fine everything else is working fine so it definitely is a game problem.

Marindor

So far unfortunately we have not been able to find any concrete reproduction steps whatsoever. Since it sounds more like some kind of lags with the server connection/internet speed or something, rather than an actual bug in the game code, we have forwarded your findings as general feedback so it can be further looked into to see if anything can be found and/or improvements can be made. We'll now archive this thread.

baypen

So far unfortunately we have not been able to find any concrete reproduction steps whatsoever. Since it sounds more like some kind of lags with the server connection/internet speed or something, rather than an actual bug in the game code, we have forwarded your findings as general feedback so it can be further looked into to see if anything can be found and/or improvements can be made. We'll now archive this thread.

I have the same problem a @palmira. After a few clicks of activity, game is cancelled for streaming error .... since some days and in my personal setting there were no changes AND it´s only a problem in this game, nowhere else for internet-using.
1613563374466.png

In this way, it´s nearly unplayable, sorry ... every 4-5 clicks to restart doesn´t make sense.
Maybe there is any possibility to check that ?