• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Final Plea: Fix or Scrap the new AI

SoggyShorts

I'm not sure, but I thing that this way the battles are calculated in Tribal Wars. The game takes your troops, enemy troops, adds a few % of luck, does the math and it's done. No AI, no terrain. And it works. And some weird surprises would be eliminated (like 5 cerberi losing against 3 archers and 3 mages)
Sounds like a lot less work for the servers too

DeletedUser1596

Unfortunately, a lot more work for the devs. Our armies do not attack simu.. simult-an-e.. you know, at the same time. We have initiative system. I don't know if it would be even possible.

And what's worse, it would almost completely eliminate manual fights. I think. If I could autofight all of the fights with 20% luck factor.. hell, I would never ever touched that "fight" button again. I have seen and done so many battles since the start of Elvenar, that I'm absolutely OK with autofights. :)

SoggyShorts

Unfortunately, a lot more work for the devs. Our armies do not attack simu.. simult-an-e.. you know, at the same time. We have initiative system. I don't know if it would be even possible.

And what's worse, it would almost completely eliminate manual fights. I think. If I could autofight all of the fights with 20% luck factor.. hell, I would never ever touched that "fight" button again. I have seen and done so many battles since the start of Elvenar, that I'm absolutely OK with autofights. :)
I'm not sure how much would be involved in doing it. Assigning a point value for each unit (that changes based on what it is facing) seems like a simple way to do it.
I think you may have misunderstand the 20% luck factor. The idea is that in a match up where you would lose 35% of your troops you could lose between 55% and 15% due to the luck factor.
A skilled fighter on manual should be able to make his own "luck" and lose just 15% of his troops in that same scenario. I think that would still be enough incentive to manual fight. (maybe not, I'm not a fighter)

Last edited:

Marindor

As an example: the moment I start to balance the game on dony's achievements I actually start to destroy the fun of many others. it's better to ignore him, and let him do his thing, then to limit the play of the many other players.

Please attack the subject, not other people. Thank you.

DeletedUser1596

I think you may have misunderstand the 20% luck factor. The idea is that in a match up where you would lose 35% of your troops you could lose between 55% and 15% due to the luck factor.
A skilled fighter on manual should be able to make his own "luck" and lose just 15% of his troops in that same scenario. I think that would still be enough incentive to manual fight. (maybe not, I'm not a fighter)

No, no, no, I think I understand. What I was trying to say is that I would gladly sacrifice those extra 0%-40% units (that kind of person I am) just to keep the fights quick and simple. I'd rather be limited by a number of units than an amount of time spent fighting.

Jixel

Please attack the subject, not other people. Thank you.

Ummm, I didn't read that as an attack in any way ? CrazyWizard was using an example of a player who is (from what I've seen on the forums) an expert in the battle system, and noting that balancing the battle system so that the expert players don't get "unbalanced" (ha, that balance word again) will actually make the game worse for a larger portion of players.
The game needs to be balanced for players in the early/middle stages and levels of ability.
(which definitely means an autobattle system which doesn't lose people 90% of their troops when they try to use it !)

Heymrdiedier

No, no, no, I think I understand. What I was trying to say is that I would gladly sacrifice those extra 0%-40% units (that kind of person I am) just to keep the fights quick and simple. I'd rather be limited by a number of units than an amount of time spent fighting.
I think the main issue with that is, that it would turn out more beneficial to do autocombat with an extra 20% loss then to do manual combat :).
Because on the papers, the enchantress still rocks against for example orc deserters. In you fight manually you will be surprised :)

SoggyShorts

Keep in mind, the 20% number was just an example- there should be a tipping point where players would have to make a meaningful choice.
Maybe losses on auto if you chose the right units would be 1,000 ± 200 but a skilled manual player could do it with 300.

I think it might be a cool idea if coupled with a battle preview.
You look at the set up, set your troops, and the game could even tell you that you will lose 1,000 ± 300 on auto, then you decide "Hmmm with that terrain, I think I could do much better" or "Nope, that set up is hard, and I'm a lazy soggyshorts, I'll let my generals handle this fight."

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
Example of stupidity of currect AI

Pro tip, sinister cerberus is best unit in the game against mage, but is he?
5a.jpg

lets see, i have picked up 5 of those to kill 1 mage

Deleted User - 60107

...Wow. That was so unbelievably stupid I am at a loss for words.

Any sane person would kill the Enchnatress first to get rid of her debuff.

Marindor

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to thank you for the examples you've provided us with so far, since they've been very valuable. We can already share with you that because of this, we're currently working on the behaviour of Hellhounds and are investigating your other examples more deeply as well. If you have any other specific examples/situations, please keep sharing them with us like you did here so we can improve on this point :)