• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[Fellowships] Fellowship building

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser1657

I would want to add some kind of change to the donating of resources...this should be limited to a certain amount/player/day.
Also, I think such a building should only get the option of being upgraded after at least 15 different players donated a minimum amount. If it is to be a FS building, it should be done by FS effort.

I like this. The number of people contributing is something I was trying to figure out. Only issue I see with your suggestion is how to ensure all 15 people have contributed prior to the requirements being met, you can guarantee this will happen despite best intention of a fellowship.

Am wondering if something like 15 contribution requirements for example and a person donates to one which then locks that donation to them (while in fellowship, unlocks if they leave). Still issues with the concept but might be able to flesh it out more.

Butt there are players who like to play alone because of the rule many bs have you must give a hand 3 times a week or more
You want to punish all that players to.
Than think about a builing you can place on your island what is yours not fs related .
But then again the big players get bigger and the smal can look in the horizon.

Providing options is not a punishment, it increases choice. Players who choose to play alone make an active decision and there is a price to pay for the benefits they enjoy. I have 2 towns who play alone and are both small and they are defying all the reasons you provided. We don't need to agree and that's fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dony

King of Bugs
I like the idea where whole fellowship can contribute for 1 purpose
but i would not over-complicate it so much and make it more easy to understand to be more fair

Make every member of fellowship to donate 1 "click" per day similar to NH help in that building window screen (next click would be available after 23h)
Scaling of levels would go someting like
level 1 - 1 month of 25 people with daily clicks (25*30=750 clicks)
level 2 - 1,5 months (25*45=1125)
level 3 - 2 months (25*60)
and so on
if you miss clicks it will just take longer then month, no other punishment
this would make it fair between strong and weak fellowships based they have same number of people in fellowship
if somebody leave fellowship he will only lose bonuses
if somebody join fellowship he will contribute 1/4 of clicks till he reach last level of building (something like: he join, no bonuses for him, after 7 clicks he will reach 1st level (7 days), 11 clicks for 2nd level (11 days), etc till last level, then it will go with normal speed, this clicks will contribute to whole fellowship counter aswell)

regarding bonuses i would let every member to pick 2 (with a chance to pick different 2 in some way), because every player want/need something else in different chapters

i would make it for whole fellowship not only for top contributors
that clicks could be bound with whatever cost you want in case its needed

Sir Squirrel

I think it is a good idea, we need more stuff to help bring a fellowship together and this sounds like a good idea to that end.

DeletedUser1278

got a fellowhip member who started like 9 months or so ago, and she is now only 1 chapter lagging behind us, she started the woodelves last week. so how is it they can't catch up? what does a building like this change in that?

Now the trader changed and yes if I help a player with goods and kp runs its possible
but not without help i think

So your true reason to oppose for real is that you think they like this idea and would make it happen before they solve your problem?

No its not my problem rather think its everybody,s problem on the dutch server and maybe others
Really dont care what they do about it dont need coins or tools im thinking bigger
Dont care about the wrong ruines we get still after 3/4 months without a explain they dont care
I have seen this projects before it will not help to improve the game
but opens doors
And if they will do something for fs it will be with fighting more and more because that looks like the new way at this moment
There taking away the easy ways to get many supplies or goods

but if there will be a vote i dont vote :)

DeletedUser1657

I have done some updates of the original idea and used the clicking concept from @Dony due to its simplicity and balance between fellowships. It does mean there is no sink for coins and such but that can be another idea for another time. ;)

Edit:
I wonder if using a technology research for the monument would allow for some balancing between monument size and power for people at different eras:rolleyes:. Yes I can hear the screams of back dated technology now :oops:

This way the fellowship could have a max monument level that anyone with the right technology could upgrade to. But if a brand new player joined a high level fellowship with a level 20 monument that would be restricted to say a level 5 monument due to technology.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1657

Received a message from Solo in-game to post here in their behalf.

only way to introduce "FS building" is giving free expansion for it & introduce "T0 goods that are obtain via NH & MH" can't be bought with diamonds. Also you can't give more then X amount on per day.
but higher level you are more you need to give... [if you have big WM, you will just have more surplus and you can skip a day...]
basically amount of resource needed for FSB research would be based on fellowship ranking and average+stdev ranking points through fellowship & chapters players are in... so people would finally start building economic cities...
but this wouldn't go through developers because they need stupid people to overbuild & spend huge amounts of cash for diamonds...
Building wouldn't require road, but if you connect to MH, you would get few % more bonuses on certain benefits.

Bonuses from FS building would be time limited and only 1 can be activated at once.
four examples:
#1 +15% attack & 5% health bonus in next 12 battles. (max 3h)
#2 +5% attack & 15% health bonus in next 12 battles. (max 3h)
#3 60 minutes super supplies: 8x normal supplies, amount of workshops would depend on FSB level not more then 4.
#4 speed up goods production for for 330% for next 2 hours (so you can pick up normal 2x3 hour production in just 2 hours) amount of manufactures would depend on FSB level not more then 4.

these bonuses would be available 1 once a week and they would reset every week, so you couldn't pile up.

also with introducing FSB we are one step closer to FoE ;)

DeletedUser1939

+1 for the FS building.

in terms of spacing: why not just use a 1x1 or 1x2 spacing for this building? it doens't have to be that big....
otherwise this could be a place outside of the fixed spacing and expansion of ones town....

DeletedUser1657

+1 for the FS building.

in terms of spacing: why not just use a 1x1 or 1x2 spacing for this building? it doens't have to be that big....
otherwise this could be a place outside of the fixed spacing and expansion of ones town....

Yeah it could be any size to be honest. I somewhat just picked 2x2 as an option for the idea, if it gets to the devs they will fix it to what is needed. The smaller the building the smaller the rewards too, for example they are unlikely to gives us a 2000 culture monument that takes up 2 squares. :rolleyes::D

2x2 keeps it smallish for new towns while not too easy for late era towns. Using technology to increase the size over time may actually be necessary for balance or at least tying it to each era in some fashion.

DeletedUser1939

well, on the other hand, it would cost the same size for each member of the fellowship, so from that perspective when fellowship membership is maxed with a 1x1 it would already take up 25 square tiles...

DeletedUser1388

No. Especially no with randomized and/or timed rewards. We have already too much rewards everywhere. I would agree on something which has nothing with any kind of fight - tournaments gives already too much rewards compared with builder players. Or, if you want to reward somehow the builders, then exclude from it the tournament players.

DeletedUser1075

I'm having a tough time understanding how this is different from the wonders we currently have. I like the idea of something the FS can come together to build (as opposed to fight as in the tournaments), but this is not differentiated enough for me to clearly and easily understand how it isn't just another ancient wonder.

It is really well thought through, so I wonder if there is a direction to spin this in that would provide the level of differentiation needed for this to work.

DeletedUser1759

Hey guys,

This did not reach the percentage needed to be forwarded. I'm archiving this thread and will be opening new polls soon :)

Best,