• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[Fellowships] Fellowship building

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser1657

While there is a version of this idea in the archives it was suggested by Marindor to post again with a concise concept that could be forwarded.

Thank you to all those who have contributed to the idea.

Idea
That we have a fellowship building, ("Monument") that we can collective build and level as a fellowship. Each level of the monument would provide benefits to all fellowship members and would require large participation

Size
Building size would be 2 x 2. A challenge here is finding the right size for the power of the monument for the era of the player. Technology may be needed to adjust building size and restrict level for different eras to keep balance of bonuses, size and eras.

Leveling
To level the building a fellowship would need to achieve a set level of cooperation points (similar to research for wonders). The cooperation points are obtained by clicking on another members monument with a 23hr timer so only 1 click per person per day is possible. This keep a balance between fellowships of varying sizes and eras. Smaller fellowships can still obtain the cooperation points but just take a slightly longer time frame to achieve.

Once the cooperation points are obtained the player can then spend an upgrade cost to move to the next level. This would mean there is a max level for the monument possible in a town but players may have varying levels of monuments (could this be an issue?). With a max level of a monument this information should be visible on fellowship information screens similar to fellowship level.

Rewards
To allow for 2 rewards. The first is a static culture bonus which increases as the monument levels. Culture is fairly universal and would give a set value for the space the monument occupies.

The second reward would be based on player choice between 4 options under a rewards tab for the monument. The 4 rewards would be the same for all players depending on the level of the monument. A player could change their choice no more than once a week (could be month), a timer would be activated the moment they change their benefit, after confirming their choice. The reason for the timer is to prevent potential abuse of chopping and changing benefits several times a day based on what a person is doing.

Some ideas on rewards for the second benefit options are:
  1. Bonus to build times
  2. Bonus to troop(s)
  3. Bonus to mana generation
  4. Mana bonus when visiting people
  5. Production boosts
  6. Bonus to spell production
  7. Trading bonuses
  8. Increased visitation bonuses
  9. Place to break runes
  10. Culture and/or culture bonuses
  11. Orcs
Transferring between fellowships
A person who had a monument but no fellowship would have no benefits and should be able to delete the monument.

A person moving between fellowship would have a certain amount of gain/loss to the rewards they were experiencing in the first fellowship. One idea is in joining a new fellowship they have a small delay in their monuments level catching up to the fellowships monument level. Perhaps they just spend time re-upgrading and paying the costs for each upgrade.

Customisation

For a bit of customisation the 4 different bonuses of the monument could have a slightly different look in the town.

Reasons for suggestion
There is very limited options for fellowships to do things together - Trading, visits, chat and tournaments (which many feel are combat focused). This would provide another benefit to fellowships, encourage building and cooperation.

Downsides
This is a major project so lots of time to do.
  • Issues of space balance for towns and the power of the benefit for the era and size of a town.
  • Have an impact on fellowships - Larger fellowships able to achieve more bonuses faster. While this is a natural thing players can react negatively to it.
  • Handling of players moving in and out of fellowships in terms of gaining and losing rewards. If a fellowship disbands the resource are all lost, would place an emphasis in keeping fellowships alive
  • Rewards would have to be balanced to be fair to players in a variety of eras and varying fellowships.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1901

+1
In my opinion, the rewards should be randomized. For example, we get a set amount of daily treasure chests in the building, then we could get a more diverse amount of rewards, and as the building goes up in level it adds better and better possible rewards. That way we wouldn't have to spend huge amounts of resources upgrading and constructing the Building itself and then get locked into certain rewards or effects. The rewards could be much more far reaching than spells, relics and KP like the NH treasures we have now; Orcs, Mana, Tiered Goods, Builder's Hut Speed-Ups that don't sit in the BH, Rune Shards, Blueprints (we can dream) etc... Static effects are nice, but in the end people have different play styles, and certain effects do nothing for some players. Ancient Wonders are in a similar boat; not every player wants to build the same Wonders and with 25 people to appease, it would have to be something less specific.
It could also have a "streak" bonus where either consecutive visits from fellowship members or some such consecutive action also increases the reward pay out.

DeletedUser1657

Static effects are nice, but in the end people have different play styles, and certain effects do nothing for some players.

Yeah I was trying to get some varied ideas for rewards which are also different to spell/wonder effects. Any rewards with orcs/mana are also dependent on era as well as play style.

DeletedUser1901

Any rewards with orcs/mana are also dependent on era as well as play style.
That's true. I just wanted to show examples of how the randomized treasure chests could be more than KP, Relics, and spells like the neighborly help treasures we get now. Mana would also be a weird gift since it decays. "Hey! Here's some mana! Aaaand it's gone..."

DeletedUser1899

The costs to build each level would need to be large enough that a fellowship would require support from many members to level in a reasonable time. Costs could include KP donations, relic donations, and all resources (coins, supplies, basic/crafted/magic goods)

You could also tie this in with the fellowship tournament. where points earned can go towards the fellowships building?

I like your idea +1

DeletedUser1596

I see two downsides:
  1. The building would be bound to a fellowship, which means that a new player who joins a fellowship can easily come to a large bonus without contributing at all. If a fellowship falls appart, then a lot of resources would get wasted. If you get fired out of FS, or just want to change, everything that you invested into this project would be lost. And so on.
  2. Fellowships with very active and highly-ranked players would rise their building very quickly which means strong FSs get even stronger and you know how it works here, when someone gets more then someone else.

I like the idea of a FS project, but I fear this would turn agains the devs.

DeletedUser1657

I see two downsides:

Thanks, that is 2 good points. I am unsure much can be done for either, at least the second as a strong fellowship will always achieve more faster by nature of being active and strong regardless of what they do (wonders, tournaments, build project)

The first point will have to think more on it. Unsure at this stage if there is a way to mitigate those risks. Some of them I think balance out in certain circumstance if people move from one fellowship to another as there will be times they gain and times they lose.

I suppose one option is to keep the levels and bonuses somewhat simple and perhaps with diminishing returns. That way there is a smaller gap between fellowship but unsure if that would be too much of a disincentive for people. Anyone else have thoughts on these?

Edit:
Update the downsides of the first post and made in point form so its easier to read. Was also thinking would a building that grows in size help with the second point raised above in terms of stronger fellowships? The downside being a larger space to find, but this has its own issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1877

What if the reward was for a finite time? And tied to tournaments? Perhaps for 1000 provinces cleared, every fellow gets a 10% boost on goods production for 7 days? Or key it to chests opened (100 comes to mind). This would make the prize an individuals 'property', negating the problem of leaving a FS. It should be enough to encourage working together, yet small enough to avoid the chasing the prize FS jumpers.

DeletedUser1901

If someone is expelled from a Fellowship, they more than likely have done something wrong or have gone inactive so the resources they "lose" are on them. However, the FSbuilding is giving rewards or bonuses and what you invest gets returned by the rewards you gain. Much like when selling a culture building you only get back half of the coins and supplies that you paid to build it, because the nature of the culture bonus giving you extra coins and supplies means the building paid for itself. We aren't just dumping KP or coins or goods into a building that does nothing. You are trading resources for certain effects or other rewards, which seems perfectly fine.
All members, new and old, should possibly be required to meet certain requirements to get the powerful building to avoid drama, and that way, if someone doesn't think it's worth it, they can chose to opt out.
I don't think the FS building should have anything to do with tournaments, if someone doesn't want to participate in tournaments they shouldn't be punished, that is already a cause of trouble within a Fellowship.

DeletedUser1657

All members, new and old, should possibly be required to meet certain requirements to get the powerful building to avoid drama, and that way, if someone doesn't think it's worth it, they can chose to opt out.

So would you suggest they have an individual fee to pay to build that building? Might be nominal compared to contribution and benefits. So it would be a building in same tab as MA for example. I suppose if they have built it and leave a fellowship the effects just go dormant

I don't think the FS building should have anything to do with tournaments, if someone doesn't want to participate in tournaments they shouldn't be punished, that is already a cause of trouble within a Fellowship.

I put a tournament idea in as a suggestion, I am aware some people don't like tournaments and that's fine. Whthere it is included or not will depend on the devs and how they decide the number and which benefits. If it was 1 of many benefits I don't think it is a big deal. If it is a bonus to points earned for the fellowship it could go either way to increasing or decreasing pressure on members. I think if fellowships are pressuring members to do fellowships it isn't going to be solved or greatly effected by such a building as there would sound like an inherent mismatch of styles and game play.

What do people think of the idea of short terms benefits verse long term ones? So do the benefits rotate every month/week or better to be fixed benefits that can increase in power or (extra benefits) as the building levels?

DeletedUser1901

So would you suggest they have an individual fee to pay to build that building? Might be nominal compared to contribution and benefits.
Right! It would at least help lower some of the risks you and Urvalsandal mentioned. It does take away from the community aspect of building it together, though, maybe? :/

DeletedUser1657

Right! It would at least help lower some of the risks you and Urvalsandal mentioned. It does take away from the community aspect of building it together, though, maybe? :/

Hmm maybe our ideas vary. I understood it to be
  • Player pays cost to build the initial fellowship building to participate in the building and bonuses (this could be level 1 or whatever level the fellowship is up to
  • Further levels come from contributing to the pool of resources to level all the buildings to whatever level.
  • If they leave the fellowship the building goes into inventory and can be placed again when they join a new fellowship and it jumps to that level

Or were you thinking more
  • Players pays cost to build initial fellowship building.
  • Contributions they give to a fellowship are stored in their building but count for the group.
  • If they move on their contribution is removed from first fellowship and adds to second
Or something else?

DeletedUser1901

Hmm maybe our ideas vary. I understood it to be
  • Player pays cost to build the initial fellowship building to participate in the building and bonuses (this could be level 1 or whatever level the fellowship is up to
  • Further levels come from contributing to the pool of resources to level all the buildings to whatever level.
  • If they leave the fellowship the building goes into inventory and can be placed again when they join a new fellowship and it jumps to that level
You're right, there is still a community aspect to this. I like this one better.

Dhurrin

+1
A good idea.
I would want to add some kind of change to the donating of resources...this should be limited to a certain amount/player/day.
Otherwise it will be likely that the highest ranked few players in a FS will be able to upgrade it all by themselves in a few days. A player waiting at the end of the last chapter doesn't have much else to do with the goods.
Also, I think such a building should only get the option of being upgraded after at least 15 different players donated a minimum amount. If it is to be a FS building, it should be done by FS effort.

DeletedUser1278

I say NO with capital letters

this will only benefit a diamond players fs big time
smaller fs will never get it full

CrazyWizard

I like it,

Why does the wordt diamond come in here again?, I see nothing about diamonds there.
Yes it favours big guilds? is that bad, doesnt everything done guild based favour big ones automaticly?

The only thing I have to absolutly disagree with is the tournament points part, this can and should never ever happen.
People are weekly ranked on there tournament skills and rewarded ranking points. it cannot be that 1 person gets a different treatment because he is in the wrong guild.

so anything combat related should be avoided, for the rest awesome.

DeletedUser1278

They should focus on smal players
First there punisht they cant buy cheap expansions so there way to get big is blocked or pay big cash like 500 Euro,s or more for expensions
second quest line is harder they cant grow like we did
third the fighting is much harder they cant grow like we did
fourth now there is a idea to do something with a fs building where smaller players get a harder time to get in a fs

I dont care its there or not im thinking the other way I can pay 1 million of every tier with 1 click
Butt there are players who like to play alone because of the rule many bs have you must give a hand 3 times a week or more
You want to punish all that players to.
Than think about a builing you can place on your island what is yours not fs related .
But then again the big players get bigger and the smal can look in the horizon.

but i would be very nice if my 100+ neigbours who dont play can be moved or replaced after 1 year
Let them focus on that first and then something else

And if this is not constructief give me more points dont care

CrazyWizard

Why so negative?

Ok yeah small players have to fork out a insane amount of money for expansions, which is ridiculous but they made it that way, I am not buying any more of them now. but thats innogames problem and unrelated to this topic.

The quest line got harder? of that count for chapter 1 and 2, after the magic academy it's all the same.
The fighting got harder? so what did we also not just negotiate all our fights, like we still do today on the world map.

Actually people grow much faster than we did thanks to the tournaments, we were limited to 24 kp per day and whatever coins we could muster to buy kp from.

Harder to get into a fs? hows that so? you ment the good ones? didint they already impose high entry levels when I started this game? so whats the difference?

Big players get begger, smaller cant catch up?
Weel except for the tournament ranking points we are granted (which I opposed for exactly the same reason, people can never catch up with that, even with diamond) it's actually the opposith, each time we are at the end of a chapter those people are catching up.

I got a fellowhip member who started like 9 months or so ago, and she is now only 1 chapter lagging behind us, she started the woodelves last week. so how is it they can't catch up? what does a building like this change in that?

but i would be very nice if my 100+ neigbours who dont play can be moved or replaced after 1 year
Let them focus on that first and then something else

So your true reason to oppose for real is that you think they like this idea and would make it happen before they solve your problem?
While I agree that it's about time to start moving those inactives to the outskits (I asked about this the moment they mentioned the moves because without it the center dies out, the place your reside) I find it a weak argument to say a big NO with capital latters to this idea.

if this would go to voting I would vote for yes IF the tournament points part is removed, otherwise it's a no for me as well, because that one I actually see as a valid reason where beginners are even punished more.