• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered End Game

DeletedUser231

I have a few questions.

I am almost to the point where I consider an end game scenario.

The map is rather useless, further discoveries are a waste of resources as the players have been deleted and all around me is vacant. I am waiting to attempt to discover some players on my traders screen but they are far away and dull blank spaces between. I have a vast amount of armies (50,000) built up and no where to use them with any degree of effectiveness, other than waste them. Visitations are practically nil. Screen freezes when I attempt to visit others, so this might be the problem. Got a ton of spare relics and can't see what use they are, can't trade them, Got vast amount of goods and it accumulates every day. My city is full and have to wait for more space.

Question....

ANY ideas where to go from here?
What does the future hold for this game and me?
Invest in more diamonds, and what purpose are they other than for more culture which I have no space anyway?...

Already bought a ton of Diamonds...Now considered a waste of monies since this game is concentrating on BUGGY fixes and not looking at a stale dull game. Would like to see a future but getting kind of bored. I mail players and get no replies. I have visited tons and tons of players and nothing. My trader is stuffed full of undiscovered players so trades are very expensive.

So how exactly is this game fun?

It should be the type of game where each of us hesitate to leave the game because of extreme pleasure and enjoyment and addiction...ideal scenario...:p

Suggested solutions?

DeletedUser338

We can only hope they will soon add another big update.
I myself am in the same situation as you are. I'm almost at the end of the research tree, there's nothing really left for me to do (except climbing the ranks). So yea, all I do right now is keep on climbing. Maybe I'll make it to the top 10 or so :p

DeletedUser205

I'm on 2 in rankinglist, city is ready so far, nothing useful to do anymore.
Only to look, if I can get on rank 1 with encounters I had spared till today.
But there is this Sorceress-Bug that takes any motivation from me to think about battles.
Perhaps I wait till battles are attractive because of bugs are solved,
or
I leave and forget Elvenar (what today seems the more realistic version to me).

As a resume I can say this about Elvenar:
it is sort of dictator-game.
Very few possibilities for decisions (sidequest to negotiate, encounters to negotiate, where to place what building -- thats all).
The hole game is constructed in lowlevel-orders like "do this" "do this" "do this"
Perhaps they think, people don't like to think but they like to follow orders and get happiness in successful perform them?
Not me!
For me a game is interesting if'm given different possibilities to find out my own way in it (not only whether I base my streetnetwork onto strikt register or more creativ).
Here in Elvenar is everything restricted after you have choosen wether you want to be a human or an elve.
After that some (most ugly) avatars to choose.
And from this point on everything is preset, you can only follow your way through the researchtree (nearly every research HAS to be taken).
You got your boosted goods, no choice.
You got your mapspace, no choice.
You can only trade in restricted tradinglimits, very few choice.

There is one part, you can choose somehow something:
in battles - army you take with you and moves you will make.
Well well YES YES YES YES there I can do a little brainmovement ;-)

The bottom line is: this is a game for people who like to follow orders.
Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

tbh when i started the game i kind of thought it would be humans vs elves (as advertised) - by the means of battle
i'm not that far as you guys, but i am a bit bored
if my OCD would let me, i'd prob forget about this game more often
i use auto battle coz the game is too slow and i hate waiting for unit to move, tho visual graphic is nice imo
visiting neighbours was such a pain which is a lot faster now that i have only few of them left...
if i went through my notifications it goes lot faster, but with every come back it goes to page 1 which annoys me greatly too
oh and yes, notifications never open at first attempt either
so all in all, i am not near the end, but i am thinking about it...

DeletedUser

+ 1 and more!

to you, my pre-posters. You already mentioned all points correctly and I agree fully with all of your statements, no need to repeat it all.

Actually I support all my neighbours and trading mates with massive help to get them proceed in her games.

For some days now I stopped discovering provinces and scouting to be able to act as a cross-buyer who sells bargains and buys the trading mates goods they in urgent need for.

As ranking doesn't much matter to me I will contiue to help in every possible way. Like you all, I've written to them, but got not much answers.

Meanwhile I'm advancing last stage in the research tree, but I'm getting more and more bored.

DeletedUser231

Perhaps a change in tactics. I have seen many hundreds of threads suggesting improvements to make this game more entertaining, maybe as addictive as breathing...:p

Maybe gather all the suggestions into one unique Suggestions thread logically organized might be a good solution.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

DeletedUser118

I once made a list of all questions I could find and handed them over to my CM. He then gave it to the devs and they gave back the answers.

What could also work is make a Thread where everyone can post up to three questions he has for the devs. The 10 mostly asked questions get forwarded to the devs so they can answer them.

DeletedUser

I am halfway the fourth age so not yet cleared out. I already know what a level 15 residence looks like. And it isn't as much fun to see my city grow as it was a month ago. Mostly because I know that if my city has been made to my full architectural extent that I won't have anyting to do. There are no events, the fixed bugs are easily missed, and last there is no progress. The decorative flower pots were upgraded in looks and it was planned in update 15 but through some bug it happened in 16.

DeletedUser231

I come into the game, do the normal skip through the repetitive quests to get more supplies etc, and then left with nothing to do as well. In my heart I would love this/our game to become highly additive. The type of game where you hate to leave it, eat dinner playing it. YOU know, like Tribal wars once was. A balanced game that isn't all about getting more money. Where both types of players, paying and non-paying can enjoy themselves. Success in this game depends on Culture and culture depends almost solely on Premium culture buildings. I have bought diamonds and it is like a drug, never can have enough once a player goes down that path. Eventually this game comes to a screeching halt and players have nothing ahead of them they can look forward to.

It has been said if a player complains they should suggest some positive changes, I think that many suggestions have been brought forth and very few have been implemented. I contacted a MOD in game and commented on the game freezing up when on the map, nothing has changed, I got asked to suggest changes, I do not think they will be implemented.

I think that the basic premise of this game depends on the activity of others. That is not happening, players rarely communicate or work together or visit each other. This game is basically a weaker version of F.O.E., but a poorer cousin rather that a sister game. This game is trying so hard to be different from FOE that it has failed in it's attempt. I love ♥♥♥ this game for it's eye candy, looks great but beyond that it serious needs something. This game is all about city Building but then it falls down on the actual tools it needs to fiddle and play with the design and look of a players city. Moving buildings is cumbersome especially if the city is full, it is either keep it like it is or delete or wait for space which can take a long time without paying hefty prices.

This game needs a set of City Building Tools.

...1) Rotating tools. Yes it means designing 3-d building from all angles. So how cool would that be..:p....Also would add a flexibility to the game because of the different sizes to buildings.
...2) Move-ability. Right now it is hard to do. Limited, F.O.E. idea is much better.
...3) Events. Would be interesting to have some sort of events happening in a players city. And in some uniqueness to a players city that makes it different from others. Fighting event, each player can challenge others on a battle screen like we already have. Contests to see who is the top Elf or human.
...4) City Tool Chest...A set of tools where a player can fiddle for hours playing and manipulating a players city.

In the very near future I would love to see this game on the Virtual reality HOLOLENS system. Imagine a 3-d city of this game on a players dining room table. A player is able to manipulate each building to his or her hearts content. Or bring it life-size and do a walk through. Or be a King Kong size player and bring chaos....:p........Elvenar Hololens version...Wow sends shivers up and down my spine just thinking about it. Now that would be absolutely amazing if it was able to be successfully done.

ophion

I agree with most of RugBug's comments...but also realise that this is only 6 months into a beta version of Elvanar and it's going to take time for the devs to implement all the changes needed for the game to progress to a place where we will all be happy.
I love this game. It's the only game I know of that you can city build without having to be concerned about having your goods plundered while you sleep...or having to take part in battles to gain points just to be number 1....
It's a peaceful city building game that requires a lot of patience...and by that token can become a bit boring at times.
However...there is such amazing scope for this game that we need to be patient.
To lose this game because of impatience for things to be done the way we want them...in as short a time as possible...would be very sad, and I think we should be grateful for what we have right now and try our best to allow the game to evolve.
I would love to see guilds introduced where we could join as groups and compete with each other. Not in war (like FoE)...but maybe in quests or achievements and gain points in that way. This would give a friendly, competitive edge to the game and give us things to do to occupy the time when we can't build or move forward in other ways.
The chance to compete in quests to win special buildings etc...the list is endless as to the possibilities this game could become if we give it time.
The worst thing that can happen is that Elvenar goes the same route of Rising Generals.
Remember...this is the only city building game of it's kind that doesn't require it's members to fight each other.
That is surely enough of a reason to support it and ensure it goes on...and on....and on....:)

DeletedUser

Of course, RugBug, all of that is not only important but it's valuable for the game!
What I meant it was that only fruitless compliants are not positive for the game ;)

ophion

I absolutely agree with you my friend...and I never said your comments were negative...
I think you love this game as much as I do and that is why you write in the forum.
My only fear is that by focusing on the negative aspects of the game might be the downfall of it...and where would I be without my elven city...RugBug and Alexander1972 to talk to.:)

DeletedUser

ophion, you've perfectly understood what I meant...I've no other to add ;)
Don't worry: at these conditions, I'll never leave this game...:D

DeletedUser231

I am focusing on the Facts of this game nothing more or less if you agree or not. If a player does not point out all the problems they will never be addressed or fixed satisfactorily. Problem solving consists of equal parts, identifying the problem and suggesting solutions to it. Of course if you wish me to leave this forum, or say only nice things, which would essentially leave me with almost nothing to say then just say so, I will edit all my posts so that they reflect nothing, but will resemble our current map, a vacant space, because no one thought far enough ahead to see the consequences.

DeletedUser

RugBug there've been a misanderstanding: we need persons like you here, persons who expose problems about the game and who try to solve them! I've always read with attention all your post 'cause I find them really useful not only for us but first of all for Elvenar's developers.
Nobody wishes you leave this forum...never and never!!! ;)
Stay with us and help us to make this game more and more amazing!
Thank you very much!
Alessandro :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Don't worry, ulQuiorra: she'll stay with us! Her presence in the forum is too much important for all! :rolleyes:

DeletedUser224

Have been opened elvenar beta in many countries (also in Italy... my country) and I'm worried ... it means that it's okay the game? because I don't think the game is okay, now seems only a good basic idea with many bugs... :(