• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Elven architect - Latest updates

Konniver

I can't even log into the hosting provider's portal to log a ticket ... guess they're having a bad day. Will keep trying.

edeba

The Seeker of Knowledge is not showing up. I think that was what they gave us for Christmas. I get a blank spot from elvenstats for my city layout.

edeba

I haven't placed it, but a teammate says the Goddess of Wishes is also not showing up.

I checked the index and Goddess of wishes isn't there, nor is the Seeker of Knowledge.

We got one of them on Christmas day as a gift and the other is the last prize in the winter magic event.

ayvinul

one thing I don't quite get is: why don't they show up as ??? instead of a blank.

After all, from the way elvenarchitect is working, you see there is a building there, you just don't know what it is, so it could just as well appear as some unknown object instead of some blank space ?

of course this would require a bit of new code instead of just adding objects to the db.

Deleted User - 81190

one thing I don't quite get is: why don't they show up as ??? instead of a blank.

After all, from the way elvenarchitect is working, you see there is a building there, you just don't know what it is, so it could just as well appear as some unknown object instead of some blank space ?

of course this would require a bit of new code instead of just adding objects to the db.
So how EA would know what even dimensions of this building are, it's pop/culture impact etc?

Deleted User - 81190

You use elvenstats, get a copy of your city to open on EA and you see 4 empty tiles where these pieces belong.
The copy of your city only has id of buildings, corner coordinates and evolution levels. Everything else, including dimensions, have to be in a database.

Konniver

Apologies, I've been away up til now. The files have been refreshed.

There are two types of data EA needs in order to show your city:
* Game data - Contains building stats. Has to be periodically refreshed and pruned in order to remove spoilers. Changes rarely and is very heavy.
* City data - Contains building location in player city. This comes from Elven stats, which in turn comes from the game. Changes often and very light.

Happy new year, all!

salandrine

* Game data - Contains building stats. Has to be periodically refreshed and pruned in order to remove spoilers. Changes rarely and is very heavy.
* City data - Contains building location in player city. This comes from Elven stats, which in turn comes from the game. Changes often and very light.

Happy new year, all!
Thx a lot for your steady work, Konniver. I appreacite elvenstats a lot. And I am willing to donate to you some times. So,how can I do that?

Konniver

No problem :) Elven Stats is developed and maintained by a different team of players. You can donate to them through the 'Donate' link at the top of their site.

salandrine

no, I was wrong. I know (and used) the donate button on elvenstats, but I wanted to know if there is possibilty to donat elvenarchtect too. I guess, you are also infected by the costs of servers etc.

ayvinul

The copy of your city only has id of buildings, corner coordinates and evolution levels. Everything else, including dimensions, have to be in a database.
So how EA would know what even dimensions of this building are, it's pop/culture impact etc?
so it wouldn't, but you would get a nice ? at the square with the starting coordinates, and you would know instantly something is missing which would be a MUCH bigger clue than just the whole building entirely missing.

edeba

Happy new year, all!
Nothing to apologize for, you give us such a great product. I just report when I see something missing so you know you check message.