• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Elvarian Carnival 2021

SoggyShorts

I wasn't asking advice on how to play the game. I have been doing that for 1 1/2 years now. I was giving an opinion relating to the event and early chapters on items I feel are an issue. Please, when someone gives an opinion or reporting what they feel is an issue, please don't tell them how to play the game unless they ask.

@Jammin Your observation/advice was great, and a perfectly reasonable response.
Offering a solution to a percieved issue is not "telling someone how to play the game"

Attachments

• justmad.png
    justmad.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 491
Last edited by a moderator:

Jackluyt

The event starts in Live Worlds on Tuesday.
Here is our Elvarian Carnival Note that you may like to share with friends and fellowship who do not play on Beta.
All the event information to date is here, as well as Daily Exclusives and the Prize Building - but please point out that some things in the Live version may be different - though they are usually similar or the same.
https://tinyurl.com/yxa5plsb

146272675_10218586592116642_7978819079542555622_n.jpg

i logged in to my city today and found that the progress bar across the bottom of the quest box is gone. i am holding off on claiming the Everblossom Sleigh because i am on the brink of opening ch 5 and now i can no longer see my event progress. what happened???

Questar

Hi guys,

What do you all think about the event so far? The types of quests, mechanics, chest rewards etc?
@Marindor

Today's daily prize is particularly uninspiring - 1 × 10 KP instant ...

Not only is it worth considerably less than some of the incidental chest prizes (see screenshot), it also has no appeal for pre-wonder players.

Screenshot_20210209_090011_com.innogames.elvenar.jpg

That's 2 days (so far) out of 20 which have little or no appeal lower-chapter players.

Lovec Krys

@Questar And for players at the end of tech tree it's so far the only prize worth even bothering doing the event (everything else is either not needed due to recent buildings from the previous events in the same chapter, or is simply garbage worse than 2 chapters old buildings (especialy mana buildings))
However, I do agree with 10Kp being a funny one.
My live cities will probably go after KPs, while my beta city will wait until the last day (hope dies last, but the good mana buildings will probably be during next event, so probably nothing for my beta city this event).

PaNonymeB

How about the troop instants? I thought they might have universal appeal - for non-caterers, of course ...
The problem with troop instants is that they're scaled on regular squad size, whuich is way lower than tournament squad sizes for end-game cities and far provinces. You'll never get an extra 10 kp in tournament with 10 regular squads

Lovec Krys

And troop instants are barracks units, most of my used units are from Mercenary camp. In Barracks, I basicaly train only archers and sometimes golems, the rest of the barracks units comes only from my wonders (with exception of Swordsmans, which I don't use and have 0 squads (the only melee I use these days, are dogs, and in most cases I use archer/rangers (or golems/orc strategists/frogs) instead)).
(and for my main city, 10KP also means 10 points after wonder gets leveled).

Lovec Krys

Today i was kind of excited that I can finaly exchange my 2 chapters old Burning pools & Lava eggs, but then I used math and realized that it's even slightly worse than Aureate Willow. (for Soggy - with counting roads slightly better). In both cases (with or without roads) still much worse than 2 chapters old Burning Pools & Lava Eggs.
Seems that there will be again no decent mana hybrid this event, so hopefuly Burning Pools and/or Lava eggs will be available during phoenix event.

ekarat

So, if you had to pick some daily prize, which would you pick?

Also, what about those of us who don't have the old burning pools or lava eggs?

SoggyShorts

So, if you had to pick some daily prize, which would you pick?
I spent everything on the 10KP day and will on Live as well.
Someone pointed out that 5 or 10 barracks squads wasn't likely to get you 10 extra KP from the tournament so getting it directly is probably better.
E.G.
My next province (23) requires more than 3x SS per slot on just the first star.
To get 11 KP I'd need to do 5 stars.
Checking out the enemy line-up I'm guessing I'd lose about a stack per fight, so 15 squads.
the other way to get KP would be 2 provinces twice, but my losses would likely still exceed 10 squads.

So, if your next tournament province is 20+, then a 10 KP instant probably has more value than a 10 squad instant.

Pauly7

Today i was kind of excited that I can finaly exchange my 2 chapters old Burning pools & Lava eggs, but then I used math and realized that it's even slightly worse than Aureate Willow.
Even though the Aureate Willow isn't very good, in my main Live city it's the only daily I'm interested in so far... and I'm only interested because it looks so cool. I'm already thinking about how it will look next to my Temple of the Toads or Mystical Lakes (similar trees). In my small Live city there's been nothing at all for me. The only thing I want is one good 4x3 culture building... maybe even a culture/pop if it's good enough, but all these buildings in this event face the wrong way.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

This event has gone by fairly easily and even easier than the previous event. In the one, I got the 9th artifact with 2 days to go and in this one I got the 9th artifact with 6 days to go, and would have gotten it a few days sooner, if I had not been holding back candy to see what daily prizes were still coming. It is nice to have two events in a row where I do not have to stress about getting the extra artifacts from the following FA. Oh, and this was done without looking at any spoiler lists, but rather just doing the quests as they came up, and I was caught up on quests on the 6th day.

Ludwig12

Hello Inno Games ....

who of you came up with the idea to have 5 Enchantment Spell produced on the last day?

The small members and members without a level 5 academy and without a time booster cannot complete the quest now.
What is this nonsense?

Skillpowers

Hello Inno Games ....

who of you came up with the idea to have 5 Enchantment Spell produced on the last day?

The small members and members without a level 5 academy and without a time booster cannot complete the quest now.
What is this nonsense?
if ur lucky with the tower u can get 3 out of chests.