• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Quests Don't require us to build manufactories for which we have no boost

DeletedUser

One of the current quests I have is for me to have 2 boosted marble manufactories. However, I do not have the boost for marble. This makes no sense to require me to do this. What should be encouraged is for players to build only the manufactories that they have the boost for and to trade with other players for the others.

So, in other words, remove this particular quest.

DeletedUser

Liberty

is the quest for a "Boost" to a manufactory or an "Upgrade" to a manufactory?

As I believe that Boosts come from the Research tree (Steel / Crystal / Elixir) and from collecting relics.

Try upgrading the 2 marble manufactories to see if the quest completes.

DeletedUser119

The quest ask to upgrade twice a marble manufactory, no matter what is your first boost.

when you don't have marble manufactory because you produce only your boosted goods( when you have steel or planks boosted), it's quite annoying to have to make some free space to be able to build one then upgrade it twice, then destroy it...

And this quest can't be decline

DeletedUser

I have only been playing for a short time and my city is not very developed compared to some players. I received this quest a few days ago and for my city level it makes sense as I require marble for both the research tree and building(s) / upgrades.

It may be that this quest has to be level related (i.e. lower level) as possibly marble is not required at the higher levels and if it is it could be traded for by using higher level goods.

If the quests are going to be issued then they should reflect the level that the player is at rather than just cycle through a fixed list that does not take the players level into consideration.

So rather than remove a quest it would be better to make the quests level dependant and relevant to the players current situation.

:)

Jimmac

DeletedUser236

It may be that this quest has to be level related (i.e. lower level) as possibly marble is not required at the higher levels and if it is it could be traded for by using higher level goods.

If the quests are going to be issued then they should reflect the level that the player is at rather than just cycle through a fixed list that does not take the players level into consideration.

I'm tier 3 at the moment and a week ago I had the quest that had to do with marble manufactories while I have planks boosted :confused: Couldn't decline the quest so I had to build and upgrade a marble manufactory for it :(

I agree that this should be changed/taken out.. Since they have this trading element, there is no need (if you are lucky that is) to have maufactories of your non boosted goods.. I only have the manufactories of my boosted goods and doing well on the trade market and in goods overall, so I don't want to be forced to build a non boosted manufactory so I can complete a non declineable quest (if you make them so that you can decline them I'm fine with it though, 'cause I can imagine that some do have those manufactories for their non boosted goods :))

DeletedUser119

Just get another main quest that ask you to build an unboosted manufactory :(

I really whish these kind of quest could be declinable.

DeletedUser205

they are always after this advanced-research is gotten in the research-tree, aren't they?
and that researches are a pain in the a. also :eek:! They should be optional and only the boosted goods to research as a must in the way through researchtree.

I now have 100 hours waiting of kp (or 100 encounters to get them) for those researches of manus, I not have build, because they are not boosted and therefore not worth to build (spacewaster).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser800

I definitively don't want building and upgrading manufactories which i have no boost for.

+1 I'll second this.

DeletedUser119

they are always after this advanced-research is gotten in the research-tree, aren't they?
Yep, the quest was just after the one that ask you to unlock your advance tier 3 factory.

DeletedUser58

+1 From me. I see a few possible scenarios:

* Scratch these quests;
* Change them so they only include boosted goods buildings;
* Make the quests optional.

I'm fine with either one of the above scenarios.

DeletedUser205

+1 From me. I see a few possible scenarios:

* Scratch these quests;
* Change them so they only include boosted goods buildings;
* Make the quests optional.

I'm fine with either one of the above scenarios.

I would opt for: scratch these quests, because the "advancing" non-boosted goods was scratched out of the researchtree (or was made optional)

DeletedUser236

I would opt for: scratch these quests, because the "advancing" non-boosted goods was scratched out of the researchtree (or was made optional)

yeah but there are still people that build all manufactories, so I think they wouldn't mind doing that quest.. By making it optional you keep them happy as well :)

DeletedUser205

making something optional should be always the best way to make everybody happy, shouldn't it?:)

DeletedUser

Once again I suggest that quests should be level dependant.

If you have just started the game then this quest is valid. If you are tier 3 or above then this quest makes no sense.

If Quests are level dependant then low level players would get this one and the higher level players would not, they would get a quest that is relevant to their level, the lower level players would not get that quest until it is relevant to them.

If you make all quests optional then it will make the storyline difficult to follow. Quests are to make you follow specific actions which are designed to aid your progress through the game.

e.g. This quest

If you are low level player then your requirement for marble is high, some players may not have the trader yet so to progress you need to produce marble, timber and steel. If you are a high level player then your requirement for non boosted goods is low as you can trade for them using your boosted goods.

So rather than complain about 1 quest and say it should be scrapped or have the ability to abort quests would it not be better to look at the game as a whole and suggest that quests should be level dependant and therefore more relevant to a players current level?

DeletedUser58

I think you raise a good point with level dependence for quests, but I think that has zero to do with the topic at hand.

For me it doesn't matter how early or late I am in the game, I do not want the game forcing me to build goods buildings for which I will never have a boost. If a quest cannot be skipped then I am forced to build those buildings or even upgrade them. There is no other way past those quests. But I do not want to do that and have no need to do so.

Some players build and produce non-boosted goods and for those players these quests (it's not a single quest, they're multiple quests of that type I just don't remember them all on top of my head) may be fine. For me, these quests are not fine and they're forcing a certain play-style on myself which I do not want.

DeletedUser119

Those quests are already level dependant since they are part of the main quest.
You have to unlock a particular researches before getting them.

For exemple the quest in my previous post, you'll get it only after having completed the quest : unlock advance magic dust factory, which is impossible to decline too.
So it's impossible for someone who just begin tier 3 to get it.

It's the same for the marble quest. A low level will never get it, since we get it after having unlock a tier 2 research.

it's not a single quest, they're multiple quests of that type I just don't remember them all on top of my head
So far I only had 2 of these quests, the marble one and the advance tier 3 manufactory.
If there were others , they were for my boosted buildings (plank, scroll, magic dust)

DeletedUser

One of the current quests I have is for me to have 2 boosted marble manufactories. However, I do not have the boost for marble. This makes no sense to require me to do this. What should be encouraged is for players to build only the manufactories that they have the boost for and to trade with other players for the others.

So, in other words, remove this particular quest.

This was the message at the start of this thread. So for this type of quest to be level dependant is very relevant, because for low level players the need for marble, steel and planks is high for buildings / upgrades / research tree, so to have the 3 manufactories which are available (steel, marble, planks) is a necessity. Above tier 3 I get the impression that this is not the case.

Can I just check the definition of "tier". When you talk about tier you are refering to the colour of header on the Research tree (brown = tier 1, green = tier 2, etc). As I got the quest mentioned at the start of this thread at the begining of the green section of the research tree (tier 2 I presume). So if this is when it should be allocated then why is it being allocated to someone in tier 3 and above?

In tier 1 and 2 the typical trades on the market are Demand 300 planks Offer 200 marble. So to get sufficient goods for buildings / upgrades / research tree you have to have non boosted manufactories, take these unballanced trades or spend lots of coin and supplies buying from the wholesaler. If you build these non boosted manufactories you either have to have lots of small manufactories or a few larger ones to get the quantities required. As new players can be reluctant to upgrade in the begining then this type of quest forces them to take that first step.

From the research tree I can only see 3 boosted goods. So if players only produce boosted goods where do the non boosted goods come from, the wholesaler?

If there are only 3 boosted goods (on the research tree) then why do we have relecs for 9 different items on the world map? Is it a case of at the moment everyone gets the same boosts but in later development there will be the allocation of a different group of 3 relic item boosts to different players to encourage trading?

In tiers 1 and 2 the need for these non boosted goods is high.

That is the reasons why I suggest that these types of quests should be level dependant (as at the moment I get the impression that they are not if they are being allocated to players who are tier 3 and above) and why, for the newer players at least, they should be mandatory.

As a player advances up the research tree then yes they should have the option to accept or decline these types of quests. If declined this could make advancement a little slower and more difficult as this type of quest tend to direct players to address current and future needs.

DeletedUser236

From the research tree I can only see 3 boosted goods. So if players only produce boosted goods where do the non boosted goods come from, the wholesaler?

If there are only 3 boosted goods (on the research tree) then why do we have relecs for 9 different items on the world map? Is it a case of at the moment everyone gets the same boosts but in later development there will be the allocation of a different group of 3 relic item boosts to different players to encourage trading?

In tiers 1 and 2 the need for these non boosted goods is high.

That is the reasons why I suggest that these types of quests should be level dependant (as at the moment I get the impression that they are not if they are being allocated to players who are tier 3 and above) and why, for the newer players at least, they should be mandatory.

Players have different boosted goods.. For example my boosted goods are planks, silk and magic dust.. I only build the manufactories for my boosted goods, the other goods I get through trading and the wholesaler.. For me this is sufficient so I don't want to be forced to build the manufactories of non boosted goods..

In all tiers the amount of all needed goods is high, this is why you need to try and plan ahead with everything really :p .. You are btw right about the tiers, that's how we view them..

I don't think those manufactory quests should be "forced upon" players at all, not even at the beginning.. Some players simply don't want to build and especially dont want to upgrade the manufactory of a non boosted good (neither in the beginning of the game, nor midgame, nor endgame) :)

n tier 1 and 2 the typical trades on the market are Demand 300 planks Offer 200 marble. So to get sufficient goods for buildings / upgrades / research tree you have to have non boosted manufactories, take these unballanced trades or spend lots of coin and supplies buying from the wholesaler.
That ratio (300:200) is most likely because you haven't discovered the neighbor that is offering that offer (so you have this 50% penalty).. Discovering more neighbors (that offer traders (and yes this can be tricky) will solve the +50%)

DeletedUser

Now that makes sense (sound of penny dropping)

(I am a new player so I get to ask stupid questions and make silly comments like the above posts ;) )

I was under the impression that all boosts were the same. And why I thought that the "forcing" to build non boosted manufactories was to address the need for these non boosted goods.

In that case the building/ upgrading of non boosted items is a logic error in the coding and probably should be addressed as an error as this type of quest should be targeted for your boosted goods.

I still however think that for the lower level players that some of these types of quests should be forced to get them to see the benifit of upgrading boosted manufactories. :rolleyes: