• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.20

sunrae

I really don't like the green haze. Many years ago in London it would have been called a pea-souper ! Green fog due to pollution - I don't have pollution in my cities, they are environmentally aware!! Really messing with my eyes :eek:

DeletedUser1371

I don't like the new graphic look with the cloudshadows floating over the cities, makes the effected buildings hazy to look at. :(

I totally agree.

It would be nice if this could be removed.

The snow was a great idea! It looks nice and I like it a lot. But that hazy town now looks like it was polluted. Please please change that back.

DeletedUser1767

Personally, I don't think it looks polluted, but I do keep wondering if something very large is either flying over it or about to fall on it. Like a big dragon, or maybe (given the weather) an avalanche. (Although, if the avalanche were made of snow crystals, I could work with that...)

DeletedUser1548

Impressing. So many things broken in one little update. Kudos!
Honestly, I am stunned. :)

Fog is such a great idea. Just like little, hard to see helping hands some time ago.
Love it, it's so hot these days on the internet: "Make things flashy and hard to read!". Or... It was like 20 years ago...? Come on people... Do your homework...

Improved the lay-out of the Army Camp screen, to make it easier to see which unit is of which unit type
Needed a sec to find it. Ok, it's in the Barracks. Icons above units...

DeletedUser118

Aber bestimmt kein Krupp-Stahl. ;)

That last update sure made a big mess in our cities and neighborhoods. I hope the biggest problems can be fixed soon. For example, having problems with quests during a quest event sure is a big problem.

My suggestion, if it cannot be fixed soon please give us a few more days extra for the event.

DeletedUser601

Agree with the others.... The shadowcloud is very annoying ..some spots in the cities are just very dark..
And when you're nor far to unblock a new technology and BIM, you must go back in a tree to unblock another troup army... :-(
Elvenar was a game without army & combat, but we must play with now.... :-(

Thanks for the event, it's nice and it changes the game a little :)

DeletedUser1681

....It would be nice if this could be removed.
Some kind of on/off switch in graphics settings at least if it can't/won't be remove totally.
The snow was a great idea! It looks nice and I like it a lot. But that hazy town now looks like it was polluted. Please please change that back.
Yes, the snowy scenery was nice, but now...
I've been trying to get used to it for a day now but it really reminds of my workplace where the diesel trucks used to be starting every morning in the neighbouring depot - a blueish haze covering the whole of the neighbourhood, were lucky we don't have the smell here. Thumbs down :(.

DeletedUser1833

I agree with others : the new "more natural" look of the clouds/shadows/fog or whatever it's supposed to be is terrible!
It moves around depending on where your cursor is placed when you start/stop dragging, so getting a specific part of your city to be clear of this fug is extremely difficult and frustrating!
You've got beautiful graphics and you're just ruining the whole visual experience.
Get rid of it!

DeletedUser

I agree with others : the new "more natural" look of the clouds/shadows/fog or whatever it's supposed to be is terrible!
It moves around depending on where your cursor is placed when you start/stop dragging, so getting a specific part of your city to be clear of this fug is extremely difficult and frustrating!
You've got beautiful graphics and you're just ruining the whole visual experience.
Get rid of it!

Actually it is giving me the creeps. Feels like my city is in danger of total destruction :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Elrondriel

We've added some visual effects to the city, to make it feel more natural

Sorry, but could any of the designers please let us know what is the natural feeling on this ? If it is to simulate fog, it should be fixed to the landscape and not to the screen section. Now it looks like a dull window that needs cleaning ...

lika1961

It is normal. Now we have winter clouds above our cities. That is why we have shadows in some parts of our cities. It looks nice. :)

Based on the comments you received from the players, it doesn't appear that they think so. The problem is that it should be fixed to the background so that it does not appear over the city when you move. It makes it difficult to see details and since it is completely unnecessary, why can it not just be removed? Or at least give us an option to switch it off?

I have to play with my city graphics set to low which means some of the other details I have come to rely on (like AWs on the mountain) are absent.

Please focus on what is important instead of irrelevant, unwanted things.

DeletedUser1681

When it comes to feedback concerning the new visual effects one part of the "problem" might be that usually people who work with graphics have really high-end big monitors. When a thousand and one players with various graphics card and monitor setups look at the end result we might see something completely different.

DeletedUser1677

I like what you did with the battle-system, that I can hold my mouse at my unit, and see which of the enemy unit, it's strong againts.
It gives me a hope, that I can figure it out, and maybe fight again in the future :D
(No idea what update it was in, but I like it anyway :p )

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1677

Great.
Was just thinking "hey, I can fight again"
gave it a shot, got ripped in pieces.
Hmm tried again, something different, ripped in pieces.
tried 3-4 times. Aaaand gave up...

Btw, the part when you hold the mouse at a unit, and it "marks" enemy units, should'nt it only mark thoose my unit is strong against?
Mine also marks if they are the same type as my own unit

DeletedUser736

I just figured out what was supposed to be this visual update about... I think. I am very sleepy and I got lost and ended up just staring at my city, doing nothing, then all of a sudden, the screen began to grow darker and darker, by increments. No, not a fault of my monitor. And this observation fits the fact that I thought sometimes the blur effect was pretty bad, and other times it was barely visible. They are actually trying to do a night/day cycle. It's still ugly and annoying as hell tough. I am wondering if it is tied to the real world clock or just happens as time goes by in the game world.

Heymrdiedier

woodelf versions of summer event buildings, hmm this can only mean blueprints will work on event buildings i assume. Why else add those versions now, by the time we are in summer event again we probably have a new races allready..