• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] InnoGames TV - December Episode

DeletedUser651

And of course, many lower level players and the 99% of people who never visit these forums will use the world map provinces to try to gain those relics. This is sheer madness. They keep incentivizing players to make it impossible for them to play. WHY???

Where is the "we will report this to the devs" comment?

@Marindor

This IS a problem. Quests tell people to gain relics that they shouldn't be gaining.

SoggyShorts

@Bobbykitty
On the other hand players that don't read the forum/guides will also just open a random box regardless of what the prize is, and get relics that way:rolleyes:

Marindor

@Marindor

This IS a problem. Quests tell people to gain relics that they shouldn't be gaining.

"That they shouldn't be gaining" is your own interpretation. :) There's a big difference between the situation where a big part of the players structurally gets further ahead on the World Map than is ideal for the game balance, and owning 2-3 extra provinces for an occasional event. Other than that, as has already been cited in this thread, there are multiple ways to gain relics: Fighting, negotiating, participating in tournaments, event prizes, quests, Neighbourly Help... If you don't wish to negotiate, that's your own decision, but there's nothing impossible about this quest. In the event some quests will require more effort and some will require less, also dependable of where you are in the game (acquiring 1000 steel takes more effort when you're just starting, than for an advanced player e.g.) . This is one of the quests that will require a bit more effort from you when you're an advanced player (although when your ingame balance would be perfect, it would cost you just as much effort as someone who's just started the game). :)

DeletedUser651

It isn't about effort. Any advanced player already knows the many ways to gain relics. But the new people, or the people who have no clue why they can't fight in the provinces, they are the ones I am talking about. Don't you think it a bad idea to shove people towards a goal that will only make fighting impossible for them? Don't you think it is a bad idea to have customers come to this game, try it, follow "instructions" such as the quests, and then try the fighting only to discover that fighting is completely impossible. Why is it impossible? They don't know. They just know it is and they leave. Don't you WANT to retain customers?

At the very least, you need to have tons of warnings all over the place telling people that if they clear more provinces they may not be able to win fights so they KNOW and UNDERSTAND what is going on.

"That they shouldn't be gaining" is your own interpretation. :)

Not in the least. I actually think they SHOULD be gaining tons of provinces. It is your development team that keeps saying that people shouldn't gain a lot of provinces, and they have severely punished players who have. Anyone who gets "too many" provinces is blocked from an entire section of this game (world map fighting) until they "get back in line".

If you don't wish to negotiate, that's your own decision, but there's nothing impossible about this quest.

Again. No. I am not saying it is impossible. I am saying that it HARMS players to follow those quests. You all are actively putting them in harms way into a situation where fighting battles is impossible. YOU put the limits on players. Not us. YOU all decided we shouldn't "go too far". YOU all are the ones who keep saying that players "got further than they were ever supposed to be" and all sorts of other things and then you push players to go further. How does that even make sense?

I am saying, why lead players down the railroad tracks if you are just going to send a train down the tracks?

And what about the players who do know that a locomotive is heading their way if they follow instructions? Why would you WANT to make customers frustrated? How is that a good business model? No one likes getting told completely conflicting information.

Frankly, I don't give a flip. I gave up on fighting as soon as all this started. I think it is the most complicated thing I have ever seen and to try to do it I would have to give up on all the other things I actually enjoy doing in this game. I truly hate it now. So, I am not talking for me. Other people love the complicated battle system. I am talking for the sake of the game...because I PRESUME the goal is to HAVE customers that are happy? Right? The number one complaint I see from all players is that Inno doesn't seem to even like its customers and just wants them as miserable as possible. I would think you wouldn't want that to be the impression of your company, so I am giving you a way to avoid just one more complaint.

This is one of the quests that will require a bit more effort from you when you're an advanced player

I was trying to offer a suggestion for your business and you get all mean with me? A bit more effort? As if I am whining and complaining about something that is difficult to do and you don't want to hear me whine? What was that for? Are you completely missing my point? I tried to explain it as clearly as I could in this comment. I hope you understand it.

Last edited by a moderator: