• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Culture requirements are to high

DeletedUser236

We can confirm that there are currently some problems with the calculation of culture, thanks for your report!

Notice that the mods actually confirmed that the calculation of culture has some troubles at the moment click .

Going to test this with the next city rebuilding so that I am prepared when the other servers start....

So there probably will be a fix and when the other servers start it's balanced :)

DeletedUser

Technically you still need culture buildings, at least enough to meet the building requirements.
I forgot. Damn:mad: I will have a look at your city to have an impression of the space you use for culture.

Notice that the mods actually confirmed that the calculation of culture has some troubles at the moment click .
I know this thread. But I think this is something different. The basic numbers will not be recalculated. Only the calculation of culture requirements are a little bit buggy if I understand it right

DeletedUser236

Only the calculation of culture requirements are a little bit buggy if I understand it right
Yeah so I'm hoping the requirements go down so you don't need 50% of your city filled with cultural buildings to meet the requirements :) Not sure though, this is just me hoping it will be balanced ;)

DeletedUser521

I would like to have my polish problem solved in being in a guild.
This would prevent me from not being polished. It is also very difficult to decide, wehter one polishes me not, because I´m not yet discovered or completly ignored.
So I decided to polish everyone because of the money. And: I wrote someone not to go to my main hall, and to ploish. He still donates to my main hall. I´m not certain what to to with him :) I gave up argumenting.

DeletedUser392

Hi,
I've read that there is problem with culture calculation, but in my city it's OK.
You're right that polishing time of 8h is not enough and that neighbours are not active.

BUT,
I have Total culture - 4535
Required for 100% - 2118
Available - 2417

So that's mean I have +100% culture, but required culture for 200% is 3100 or it's +145%.

Only Devs know why :).

DeletedUser326

Nah for the Moment i'm at 170% Bonus. But every day ist dropping that fast due to building Upgrades that i will drop to 140% in 3-4 days.
Next city Expansion is around the Corner but only worth 550 new culture wich will be eaten in 2 days of buiding because most buildings will reach Tier 2 this Weekend and this will be an Ultra massive increase to required culture.

I tried to figure out how it works and i have a guess but nothing really concrete. But my guess for the Moment is that you Need 300% of the culture that is actually needed to build something to reach the 200% Bonus.

How i get the roughly 300% ?

At the Moment all my buildings require 1415 culture in total to actually can be built.
These 1415 + the available culture is the total culture you "produce".
For me thats 1415 needed plus 2192 available = 3607 total culture "produced"

To reach the 200% mark i Need 2800 available culture. Which meens i would require a total of 4215 culture in my City to reach the 200% Bonus.

4215 / 1415 = 297.87985% of building culture.

But that you can break down to 300% because the required culture to reach 200% Bonus only changes every 33.3333~ needed culture because it always goes up by a hundred and not consistently.

To reach the 170% mark you Need about 235% of building culture.

But that would only work if all buildings which are not affected by culture Bonus didn't Need culture. As it is at the Moment it will be nearly impossible to reach the 200% with a decent production without using Diamond culture and constant polishes of nealy all culture buildings the whole online time.

And at the end for that culture Bonus doesn't effect your manufactories it is only worth to go to 140% Bonus without neighbourly help. 170% is possible but the space you require for the jump eats mostly the whole 30% benefit. For the 200% Bonus you would actually produce more by building additional residences and Workshops with 140% as to try to reach 200%.

And for culture requirements going up massively as you upgrade buildings ist less worth over the time.

For example you Need about 700 culture to run even ONE lvl 15 human Workshop thats 2 Workshops per biggest non Diamond human culture building. Which Needs approx 40% of the space which Needs the Workshops including the 3 needed residences.

I hope i could bring a Little light into the dark to you all ;) And sorry for my english - i know ist not the best and Auto correct mostly turns small into big letters -.-

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's purely based on a game where your neighbours are active enough to polish them all. It wouldn't hurt to add some culture buildings that use up less space but give more culture so at least people can maintain 140% or even 170% easier without having to use half of the space they have.

Indeed! Or just get more active neighbours in your area. But that probably not gonna happen. :eek::confused::(

DeletedUser503

My other question regarding culture. Looking at the Wiki chart for elven culture, there are culture buildings
that do not give any culture. What is the point of the high cost to research and activate
and build, if they give no value? If I am off the mark on this, please someone correct
me.

DeletedUser

https://beta.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Culture

If you refer to this wiki page then I don't get your point. Every culture building has a individual culture effect. The right column with "effect" means that you get a double output through neighbourly help. All the other buildings cannot be polished but they give a steady output. (column with the harp)

DeletedUser503

holy cow, embarrassed, I was scanning down the wrong column!
scratch that above post, I am an idiot. :oops: