• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [4396] Requiered Culture inconsistent

DeletedUser200

Hi :)

I´ve had Culture Bonus at 200 %, started upgrade of one workshop from lvl 3 to 4, and immediately got Culture Bonus of 170 % though there should have been capacity for minus 7 culture.

In the menu is now written:

Culture
Total Culture: 1512
Required: 466
Available: 1046

Culture Bonus
Reqired for the Current Level: 710
Total Provided Culture: 1046

5y2joa

5y2jzs

Best Regards
Fyrfyrdar

DeletedUser

yep. I have the same bug.
It's not always, but often when upgrading a building the cultural bonus is wrong.
Btw: I don't understand the calculation in the culture information tab.

Update:
Cultural Bonus was 200%
Required culture: 1400
Available culture: 1417

Started to upgrade two planks manufactories from level 3 to 4. Cultural Requirements +7 x 2.
Now the bonus ist at 170% with a lack of 95 culture to have 200%.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser392

General Description (Overview):

What I expected to happen: I have 200% culture (need 1100 available 1155) (pic 1) and started to upgrade workshops (lvl2 to 3). I upgraded 3 and my culture was still 200% (need 1100 available 1140) (pic 2) when I've started next one (needs 5 culture) I expected my culture to be 200% (need 1100 available 1135).

What actually happened: Culture dropped down to 170%. Next lvl. 200% now needs 1200 culture and available 1135. (pic 3)

How often has this happened:everytime

Screenshots/Additional information:

Untitled.png

Reproduction Steps:

Player Name: lokilio

World: zz1

Operating System: win7

Browser and Version:comodo dragon Version 36.1.1.21

Screen Resolution: 1366*768

DeletedUser119

Hi,

I'm pretty sure this is not a bug and working as intended

The value "Reqired for the Current Level" change with your required culture and working population.
So more you upgrade your buildings, more it'll become difficult to stay at your curent culture bonus.

At some point it become useless to try to stay at 200% by yourself.
For exemple, if I want 200% culture bonus, I need 5300 available culture.

DeletedUser392

I've tried again in next lvl 200%. It needs 1200 culture and I was able to upgrade buildings until culture became lower than 1200.
It's much better and the right way not like picture I've added before.

DeletedUser

A moderators' reply would be really nice. Either it's a wrong description of the required bonus in the upgrade tab or it's really a worldwide calculation depending on the progress.

DeletedUser170

Yeah... it is hard to determined how they calculate the requirements for culture bonus. From other numbers of the game (province discovering) I'm sure they use some kind of rounding, which makes it extremly difficult to find out when, and how much you will need.
Take in mind, that while the upgrade only asks for 10 culture points, it adds much more then that to the 200% tier of culture level (Otherwise you would only need to add like 100+ culture to the minimum requirements)

I think there should be a multiplier, then rounding, but don't take my word on it.

DeletedUser

I have run into this same problem. What I have started doing is: start the upgrade, see what I need for culture, and then cancel the upgrade. When you cancel the upgrade you get back 100% of the materials used so you lose nothing but now you know how much culture you will actually need for that upgrade.

This is of course a workaround which is not ideal but better than nothing. I would prefer to have the game give this information to the user. Maybe on the upgrade screen show not only the culture required but also the culture that will be used. There is room for another column on that screen or you could show the numbers like this: (11 + 75).

We can confirm that there are currently some problems with the calculation of culture, thanks for your report!

DeletedUser

This problem with culture is really really bad. I have tons more culture in my city than I am being credited with. Any timeframe for a fix?

Purple Blossom trees: 11
Luminous Signposts: 24
Flying Boats: 6

Culture supposed to be getting from Blossom trees: 737

Culture supposed to be getting from signposts: 504

Culture supposed to be getting from flying boats: 1500

Total 2741 vs. the 1803 the game says I have

DeletedUser331

So my current Board is as follows:
to the current level of 4300 required
available Culture 4427
Thus, an excess of 127
now I wanted both chambers of weapons level4 5 expand what each
So 166 culture points would mean a total of 332 points deduction.
if I have the two upgrades by lead but me reads:
to the current level of 3100 required
available Culture 4095
needed for next level 605

I've got to be a thinking error or would not only 205 points

DeletedUser331

it is also true that the culture points will be deducted at the expansion immediately.
I have therefore extended evening 2 boards manufactures from 5 to 6 yesterday
and 1 residence from 7 to 8. The culture points were deducted immediately and I was still just over 200%.
this morning I suddenly only 170% and I am missing 167 points culture.
that's damn annoying and I will expand under these conditions no further. who knows how many points are already so I got lost and I
valuable useless building site with deli butcher waste to the culture at 200% to keep active while I run every day at 32 players neighborly help
but of which respond only 5-6 so it is culture-dependent in terms of themselves.
BTW, I work with the google translate and therefore ask indulgence.

DeletedUser331

can someone tell me?

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    612.2 KB · Views: 226

DeletedUser119

I've got to be a thinking error or would not only 205 points
I don't think it's an error.
The value "required for current level" increase from time to time when you upgrade your building.

Muf-Muf has confirmed there were a problem with calculation of culture, but he didn't say what was the exact problem.
Like I said in post #4, I think that "required for current level" is meant to increase when your town become bigger.

So the possible problem could be that "required for current level" grow faster that it's supposed to do, or just incoherently.

I've noticed that each time I sold a building, "required for current level" was decreasing strangely. At first I though it was because the value was depending of the culture used by the upgrade of buildings AND of the working population. But I'm not so sure of that anymore.

DeletedUser

I think what we really need to help the players understand what is going on are two things.

1) What is the "required for current level" based on? Total population, working population, area covered by buildings, number of buildings, some combination of the above?

2) A table (possibly in the wiki) that shows how much culture is needed for each range of the afore mentioned requirement. I say a table because the "required for current level" appears to me to be quantized rather than being based on a formula.

DeletedUser331

the support I was told they are working on the trouble,
but would be times interesting to know how far you are and when you can expect improvement, so one can hardly continue to expand the one practically valuable building land because you have excessively retrofitted for the crop away the time.

DeletedUser800

Hello all!

I want to add my experience. I wanted to upgrade my buildings from lvl. 4 to 5. This early in game, i have culture 200%. [edited: i *had* 200% culture ;) ]

1. I started with the residences and raised approx. 10 without having any surprises. The 12th upgrade raised my culture requirement(cr) from 1300 to 1400, besides the usual cost of 11 culture points.
2. Then i increased my Main Hall to lvl. 5, again increasing the cr to then 1500.
3. After that i increased 2 workshops to lvl. 5, increasing the cr to 1600.
4. Then i upgraded my armory to lvl. 5, increasing the cr to 1700.
5. I immediately build another armory, upgrading to lvl. 2. New cr 1800.
6. Then i canceled the upgrade to lvl. 2 armory, cr still 1800. I sold the lvl. 1 armory, cr still 1800. I canceled the upgrade to armory lvl. 5, cr dropped to 1600. wtf?

My opinion:
Besides the culture system obviously broken atm (beta, and all), the system is absolutely untransparent. The above example shows that the inherent cost of upgrading a building (as shown in the menu) is abolutely secondary compared to the seemingly arbitrary increase in cr. Since the increase of cr isn't transparent, i can't plan an orderly expansion of my city and feel, to be frank, fucking cheated by the game.

My proposal:
Drop the twofold culture system entirely. The system in FoE is transparent and easily comprehensible. Change the system to something like that, please.

With regards

A.

DeletedUser119

Same as you Agunsil, after selling a building or cancelling an upgrade the culture required for current level seems to act oddly.
As the culture required depends of the working population maybe this issue is related to this one : HERE
which is marked as Fixed but it isn't.

To be sure to have the good culture required you have to refresh after each action.

Let's hope that changes in culture announced in next updated will make it easier to estimate culture required value