• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Coming soon!

DeletedUser867

Those who are willing to spend money will always outrank those who are not.
This is, of course, a self-affirming circumstance. Were that not the case, the achievement driven folks would focus elsewhere.

DeletedUser651

Most players that hold the top ranking spots have their cities filled with goddesses and fountains, so the snail is no different. Those who are willing to spend money will always outrank those who are not.

The difference is that it will cost a lot more money to hold the top spots now. A lot more. First, holding top spots was attainable for all, as long as you didn't miss a second of playing, you could be in the top. This was true all the way until the dwarves came. I know. I didn't spend a thing and I was in the top 3 for the longest time, then the top 15. After the dwarves came, non spenders couldn't get the expansions the others have. I am thinking I will get the rest of the expansions in a year from now. That really killed my ability to keep up. Now I am ranked 59 and dropping. The fairies will kill my ability to have a decent rank.

Ok...so I am a non diamond player. I get it. The game can't survive without players spending money. But, if non spenders can never get anywhere they may get discouraged and leave the game. The game needs non spenders because they keep the game full. So, I worry about that.

Also, the top players may start to get angry that they have to spend even more money on this game or all their expenses so far are for naught. Rather than spending more they may stop spending altogether. Sometimes you just ask for too much money from people. But I guess time will tell.

I know for now, the players that have spent a thousand dollars on this game will need to spend a lot more to stay on top. A thousand dollars plus for an online video game? Isn't that asking a lot?

DeletedUser

Personally, I plan to start letting all the progressing players know that they shouldn't buy Fertility Goddesses ever. Why?

1) They're only value is that they help boost score, and current mid-level players can't compete in score, so they might as well not try. Really, what difference does it make if you're ranked 375 or 366? Not enough to be worth money.

2) If the really want to spend money, they can save it for when they hit Fairy Level. Snail Palaces make Goddesses obsolete and useless. Four Goddesses cost about the same as one Snail Palace....but you get about 50% more culture and population with the Palace. Not to mention that the 6x4 shape is fabulous, whereas those stupid 3x3 shapes are so difficult to work with.

Goryn is incorrect to underestimate the meaning and impact of this Snail Palace - it's a game changer. I've repeatedly asked for upgrades to culture buildings, rather than introducing higher premium buildings that make our existing premiums obsolete. Why not allow players to trade in obsolete building toward the cost of more efficient buildings?

DeletedUser629

Every chapter has its own premium culture buildings. Some players bought the well of floating islands, and had to sell them later on when they reached the chapter of the goddesses. Same goes for the Vallorian sea snake. The golden torch tower is a better building. Then the dwarves came, and brought a mighty dragon. This new chapter is no different, and the next will have better culture buildings. Players who have spent money so far know that new and better buildings are possible in the future. It's everyone's own choice to spend money in every chapter to secure a top ranking spot, but you can't blame Inno for bringing in new and better buildings.

DeletedUser246

You could perhaps create a structure improvement premium system.
How would it work?

The person at the game beginning has an option of choosing a structure that gaves population and culture if pay some diamonds.

This amount would remain unchanged.
However, according to the progression of the game other similarly sized structures emerging end which induces the player to have to delete the previous frame and buy a new, larger and more expensive.
This turns out to be a bit discouraging. I know that many pay, but not all have much money to invest in this game.

So it would be interesting to create a system that you can evolve these structures through diamonds.

For example:
Well floating Islands - Costs 620 diamonds
Goddess - Costs 690 diamonds
and now Giant Snail Palace - Costs 3000 diamonds.

If an Elf player, pays 620 diamonds to build floating Well Islands and can now buy the Goddess, he could "evolve" the structure for half the price, costing 345 diamonds to evolve to Goddess. And later Could pay 1500 diamonds to evolve goddess to Giant Snail Palace.

That would be very good and many players could do this more often.

What do you think of this? It is possible to create this system?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser629

I'm not sure if it is possible to create such a system, but maybe adjust the output of some non premium culture buildings to make the huge difference a bit less. Paying customers will always have the advantage, we can all agree on that, but it should be possible for non paying customers, or those who spend only a little, to be a bit more competitive.

With that being said, there is still much to come to this game this year which will give every player lots of stuff to do, and possible new ways to compete with other players.

DeletedUser778

That would be interesting.
I never bought premium culture, because sooner or later they get worse then non premium culture buildings.
I guess space will not be infinite increasing with updates/new races, but I bought a couple prem expansions, because on them I can build and sell as I like until I really hit the end and no further space is available.
In the beginning I can build trees and signpost on an expansion for 545 culture.The first expansions are available for 450 dias, the same as the shrine, but on the expansion I can have a temple later for 2400 culture, the shrine is more or less useless when you hit the cyclone research.

DeletedUser246

If they allow the evolution of premium structures for premium players, would eliminate the feeling of losing diamonds when the player would delete some premium structure to build another better.

If the improvement system also worked for premium structures, the player would be willing to continue spending with the game.

Some players who paid to have a game more "premium" expect to be treated as premium as well.

To evolve a premium structure for a premium one that is better than the last one, it would be very exciting.

DeletedUser

"Evolving" as suggested by Ballantine's would result in greater spender satisfaction, and also encourage greater spending. It's easier to spend more to upgrade something I already have (while increasing my sense of being vested in the game), than it is to delete expensive premiums and feel frustrated by the need. Don't know the marketing term for this, though...

Technically, the premiums would just need an upgrade function like the existing buildings.

I appreciate the moderator response, and am pressing this because I'd like to see and feel more positive responses to game advancements.

LOL, Ballantines.

DeletedUser408

u do not need to spend diamonds to be a top player, just more time and effort, but this game currently does not have other mechanism to build city points to 505 try adn much Diamond building points, Maybe when PVP comes out as advertised in an Inno TV a few months ago

DeletedUser629

u do not need to spend diamonds to be a top player, just more time and effort, but this game currently does not have other mechanism to build city points to 505 try adn much Diamond building points, Maybe when PVP comes out as advertised in an Inno TV a few months ago

There will be no PvP in Elvenar, and was never advertised by Inno in any of their TV episodes.

DeletedUser651

u do not need to spend diamonds to be a top player, just more time and effort

That used to be true. With the new fairy culture buildings, you will need to spend lots of diamonds to be a top player. The diamonds buy such good culture buildings players will get a lot more room. They need a lot fewer culture buildings. Culture buildings give you zero points. So, if you are poor and cannot afford the expensive culture buildings then you will need to waste a lot more space on much lower scoring culture buildings. And you need to waste a lot of space on residences in order to get the population you need to build the high scoring factories. It used to be that non diamond players could do well. This will all change as soon as people start buying these new culture buildings that give you very high culture and very high population.

DeletedUser408

are you sure Goryn? I rememmber a few months back the devs talked about new races or PvP, not sure which to release 1st, I will go back and find which month, maybe i mis interpreted it

EDIT, yes Holiday 2015 Inno tv, Timon somethign about neighbors playing with each other. SO i guessed some sort of PvP or team Fighting maps of some kind.

the other 2of3 items have now been revealed and launched, fairies, and Spells

DeletedUser408

i'm pretty sure i am not to far off the mark, but somethign to do with all our surplus armies building up :)

DeletedUser

"...with the goal of harming the other and loot resources..."

Competing for Wonders requires harm to other players, because the goal of gaining for ourselves automatically includes preventing other players from obtaining the resources. We cannot separate success from harm, in this aspect of play.

DeletedUser629

"...with the goal of harming the other and loot resources..."

Competing for Wonders requires harm to other players, because the goal of gaining for ourselves automatically includes preventing other players from obtaining the resources. We cannot separate success from harm, in this aspect of play.

Donating to wonders adds a nice bit of competition to the game, and has nothing to do with PvP. You can't harm another player directly. If 1 player is smarter than the other by quickly donating lots of KP to take the top prize, then so be it. You can't plunder a city, or burn it to the ground, all you can do is donate the most KP to win runes. You can easily prevent this by removing the roads, and attach it again when the right player is online who can then donate KP to win a relic. Improvise a little bit.

DeletedUser867

Competing for Wonders requires harm to other players
If three people each contribute to their own Ancient Wonder
  1. They'll each get a level
If three people are in a swap agreement, so that there's no need to contribute to their own AW, then
  1. They'll each get a level
  2. They'll each get a 15% KP bonus, on average (20%+10%)/2, depending on who happens to place first that particular time
  3. They'll each get a Rune Shard, perhaps two, depending on the level of the AW
Where's the harm?? A wee bit of organization yields benefits, and only benefits. So long as both non-owners contribute at least 1/3 of the points in the owner's level, their benefits are guaranteed and their base contributions will be returned in kind.

You can easily prevent this by removing the roads
I suspect that disconnecting the roadway would also block the benefits associated with the AW, but if you're not on-line it wouldn't matter very much anyway.

It's not as if the Dwarven Bulwark would have generated a lot of Light Melee units while you were away. :(