• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cheating or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1596

Recently I have adressed this issue in another post, but I would like to know INNO's opinion.

There are players with two or more accounts. I suppose, I don't have to write about the advantages of hoarding RPs and goods in the main account. Many high-rank players have their AWs built by accounts with no more than a few stone-age buildings.

I think that this harms this project more than just spoiling the gameplay. It discourages players from buying diamond buildings, because you cannot compete with someone with more accounts and those players using more accounts don't need to buy anything when they can cheat their way to the top.

Is this going to change or does this just come with the territory?

DeletedUser1596

Beta world is fine. The more accounts, the better testing results. Live worlds are the problem. Or maybe it's just our and beta world. I don't know. Either way it's not OK.. I think.

DeletedUser283

note that pushing and other similar operations are prohibited, but nowhere in the rules is it written that multiple accounts are forbidden :)

DeletedUser1681

note that pushing and other similar operations are prohibited, but nowhere in the rules is it written that multiple accounts are forbidden :)
LOL - that's true...
§3. • As a player, you can only play your own account. Accessing another player’s account is strictly prohibited.
so, if you own the other accounts too...:p a loophole perhaps ?

But anyway pushing is stricktly prohibited.
Btw if memory serves me right some player here from Netherland or was it Belgian server told a story how someone got caught but as it happens this player also happened to be a really big spender, and they (game co) didn't want to lose him/her so no punishment. Does anyone else remember this ? It was about a month or so ago. Or was it just an urban legend ?

Heymrdiedier

I believe if your game realm only has 1 world, you are allowed to make multiple account on that 1 world. IF your realm has multiple then i think its not allowed, not 100% sure on this.

When they determin someone is pushing, thats a different story.
The exact same question was asked on the dutch forum about half a year ago.

this is how they replied (for those who understand Dutch): https://nl.forum.elvenar.com/index....e-account-toegestaan-of-niet.2792/#post-29757

Ill translate Marindors reply, please dont take this letter for letter, since its a translation, so some meaning might have been lost:

"In Elvenar it is permitted to have multiple accounts. However it isnt allowed to use one or more of those account mainly to be able to give your main account an unfair advantage (for example kp in your AW, unfair trading, etc ). We have a number of criteria on which we can judge if an account is being played or not. Think about progression on the world map, attendance to the tournaments, doing research, giving neighbourly help, etc etc . The exact criterea for this we wont tell you, because it only tell the real abusers how they can stay just within the rules without being 'caught'. We will examine case by case if there is an issue of pushing and in case there is, we will take action which can result in a gameban.

Just to be clear: When you play 2 accounts fully (so use al game aspects, and both accounts make progress) then there is no problem to put your kps in the other account. If this is the main goal of such an account, and this account isn't played 'fully' then you are not following the game rules."

The final conclusion of this topic was: if you think someone is using push accounts, just report them and support will investigate. However they will not tell you if you were right or not, since thats again German privacy laws

DeletedUser1767

After I started my beta city and belatedly realised that I'd have different boosts, I wanted to start a third city with a crystal boost, because the crystal buildings are my favourites, but of course, you can't choose your boosts. I had four remaining chances to get a crystal boost on the US live servers but am often unlucky with things, so after my first attempt to get another city with a crystal boost failed, I asked support whether, if I used up all my chances to get a crystal city, it was permissible to start another account to keep trying. They told me it was. (In the end it didn't matter, since my next attempt netted me my Winyandor crystal city.) So at least as recently as about six months ago, it was permissible to have multiple accounts even on servers with multiple worlds, provided you were playing the cities and not just using them to push.

SoggyShorts

Just to be clear: When you play 2 accounts fully (so use al game aspects, and both accounts make progress) then there is no problem to put your kps in the other account.
Wow, that sounds like a massive loophole. It's not pushing so long as pushing isn't the focus of the account? A dedicated player could easily run a few accounts and play "every aspect of the game" with them while still pumping 5+ KP per day per account into the main one.
There are loads of players with accounts on all 5 US worlds. If they had those 5 accounts on one world instead they could just go slow on 4 and crush it on one.
Yet another reason I'm not a rank chaser....

DeletedUser1596

Chasing ranks is reserved mostly for power-buyers and it's OK. They keep this show running and therefore they deserve some benefits. But when they get trampled by cheaters, or they became cheaters, the income may drop and that will be a bad news for everyone.

SoggyShorts

Chasing ranks is reserved mostly for power-buyers and it's OK. They keep this show running and therefore they deserve some benefits. But when they get trampled by cheaters, or they became cheaters, the income may drop and that will be a bad news for everyone.
That's just it, for myself I don't care if others cheat as long as
1. The devs don't balance difficulty based on cheaters.
2. The legit big spenders don't get hurt causing them to stop paying for my free game.

PrimroseSylvia

I believe if your game realm only has 1 world, you are allowed to make multiple account on that 1 world
On italian server we've got only Arendyll world; we are allowed to get maximum 2 accounts, 1 elf and 1 uman.
A similar thread has been discussed on our forum too (the fellowship's message is from #2 italian (paying) player and is titled: KP from inactive account, and as far as I know, all mentioned accounts are still online). As our mod says, it's difficult to prove at 100% that some accounts are exclusively cheating.

DeletedUser724

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?pages/game_rules/

The rules are clear but as far as I know, they are not being followed that strictly on a beta world.

After reading the rules
<if I understand correctly >
Player can have multi-accounts
you can transfer resources (goods, kp ) between accounts if it is a FAIR

e.g.
exchange 10000 marble with 10000 steel,
exchange 10 kp between 2 accounts

just like normal PLAYING ACTIVITIES, we exchange goods and kp with hoods/fellow-members

But there is 1 kind of player activity which I am in doubt
Normally, we can get rune by feeding other player's Ancient Wonder
sometime, we do it in 1-way <e.g. stealing a good reward, steal a rune >
[ 1 way--- we just give without other side to return, e.g. Stealing a rune of Dragon Abbey even I do not research it ]

is that legal in accordance to Inno rules ?? if the action is proceeding between same player's multi-accounts ?

DeletedUser1596

Sooo, no reaction from Inno. No wonder. It turns out, I have been living a dream when I thought that only a few players were "pushing". To my surprise, it is not a problem to run 5 accounts at once. I don't understand where do those people get the time to operate so many cities, but well..

Anyway there is no point in spending any more money on diamonds. I cannot compete with that. Upgrading builders and Academy was a good move, it helps during events, but anything else is absolutely pointless.

Heymrdiedier

Sooo, no reaction from Inno. No wonder. It turns out, I have been living a dream when I thought that only a few players were "pushing". To my surprise, it is not a problem to run 5 accounts at once. I don't understand where do those people get the time to operate so many cities, but well..

Anyway there is no point in spending any more money on diamonds. I cannot compete with that. Upgrading builders and Academy was a good move, it helps during events, but anything else is absolutely pointless.

Its not all that negative. If you spend diamonds on city expansions, you can never be catched by a non diamond player even if he has 100 accounts.

The total map has 121 expansion spots at the moment. 6 you get for free at the start. 40 are in the research tree, and 60 is the max you can get from provincies. So at the moment you can only fill 106 expansions of 121 on your worldmap. So 15 extra expansions are enough points that you could never be caught.

only sad that those expansions are so damn expensive :(

Ainor

Its not all that negative. If you spend diamonds on city expansions, you can never be catched by a non diamond player even if he has 100 accounts.

The total map has 121 expansion spots at the moment. 6 you get for free at the start. 40 are in the research tree, and 60 is the max you can get from provincies. So at the moment you can only fill 106 expansions of 121 on your worldmap. So 15 extra expansions are enough points that you could never be caught.

only sad that those expansions are so damn expensive :(
You're not considering that:
1. upgrade WA it allows to save space
2. cheating players can be also diamond players

DeletedUser1596

I wouldn't agree. One extra account will produce almost 9000 KPs / year. If that acc. is active in tournaments, it can be even more. Every KP spent in AW means +1 point to global ladder. As Ainor said, that AW will make your city stronger by saving space, producing resources etc, which can generate more points. But what's worse, this is spoiling the tournaments. While someone spends quite a lot of time fighting, a "pusher" just piles up resources from several cities and caters provinces and at the end of the tournament receives hard points to global ladder and other benefits.

This means a pusher can help himself to +-500 points EVERY WEEK, while an expansion would bring me.. how much, 1000?, 1500? ONCE!. Not to mention that next expansion would cost me about 12euro. No, no. I'm done with that.

Heymrdiedier

i have a small account on live (chapter 2), and i do use it on tournaments, i actually ended 8th with this small account (15 provincies to the max), while my main account i ended in 30+

At the moment resources seem to go the other way around, from my main to my small one, because catering on world map costs me a lot of resources. To be honest, a small city doenst produce as much goods, but it also doesnt need much resources. Im not sure, but i think doing those 15 provincies to the max on my small account, costed me about 15-20k tier 1, maybe a bit more (hammers is more a problem tho).

I like the competition aspect of tournaments, but i dont like how the new tournaments are now based on your troop size, basically crippling high end players instead of helping small players. They made it harder for high end players, instead of easier for low end players. This basically means at some point, high end players will be casted out of tournament by the lowbies.

And i do enjoy my small account very much, much more then i do enjoy my main account. I do not intend to progress further in the techtree (and research more troop size which makes it harder) untill im totally maxed out, meaning i scouted all i could, and my 2 possible wonders are at max lvl.

Never ever have i considered giving my small city resources to my high account, and i dont think its worth it. I just have that low account because it makes tournament fun again for me, unlike on my main account where im still considering to trash all my unit production because its not worth it anymore. My start troopsize is 90 atm on my main, and that means way to much costs for catering and or too much loss of troops. If i want to keep competing i can better focus on my small account and skip all the optional troop size techs.

Last edited:

DeletedUser724

It sound to me
If some 1 want to cheat, small account is the correct one to cheat ....

Hey...can I know..how small your small account that you can do 16 province ??

Heymrdiedier

It sound to me
If some 1 want to cheat, small account is the correct one to cheat ....

Hey...can I know..how small your small account that you can do 16 province ??
I can only do 15 provinces tho, doubt 16 is possible with my current main hall.

What do you want to know exactly?

I have about 12500 points, stopped research at city expansion 4, have a main hall lvl 9 which give me a max coin capacity of 1.2M. This means i keep on scouting till i all my available provinces will cost me more then 1.2M.
And im hitting that limit soon. tho buying off the provinces costs me more time to collect the goods then the waiting time on scout.
Got about 10 lvl 8 steel manufactories, and slowly building more (always out of population even with some event buildings)

I had 15 steel provinces, and will barely make 15 wood this week (depending on if i have enough goods to buy it off).

I do not have the feeling im cheating with this account since i dont help my main account with it, but i think i am exploiting the new tournament so i can get the max amount of points with least effort. Sadly that requires to temporarily stop growing. I hope the devs see this and rethink the new tournaments or at least on what they are based (optional techs are such a bad decision) so i can enjoy it more again on my main account, but dont see it happening soon.

If you disagree and do think im cheating please elaborate. Im willing to stop playing that little account if i can see im doing something wrong

SoggyShorts

If you disagree and do think im cheating please elaborate. Im willing to stop playing that little account if i can see im doing something wrong
Are you giving goods at unfair ratios from one account to another? The no "pushing rule" doesn't make it clear whether it only applies to using small cities to push big ones. Maybe using a big one to push a small one is cheating too? If you are pushing, then you are using it to gain an advantage in tournaments, causing players with just 1 account to drop lower in the tournament rankings, and therefore getting a lower rank reward.

To be clear, I don't care about rank, just trying to look at it objectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.