• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce Chat refresh only on game reload.

Karvest

Game version: v1.65-(732f53f4d)-(master) (2018-10-10 7:10)
HTML5 Yes/No: Both
Game world: Beta1
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Chrome x64
Flash Player version: 31.0.0.122
Operating System: windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920x1200
Account name:
Karvest
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Current situation:
Something strange happened half an hour ago, seems there was a bunch of server restarts in a row, and now chat is not working properly. You can send new messages, but won't see them until relog (other player messages are not shown until relog too). /who is working fine.

Expected situation:
Chat is working as always

Reproduction Steps:
1. try to send message in chat
2. don't see it
3. reload game
4. see your message (and all other messages that was sent before reload)

Last edited:

Karvest

Other players in our FS confirmed same behavior.
Bug has gone after recent server outage.

upload_2018-10-11_13-42-13.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser2378

We had the same thing happening in our fellowship last night too. It's working fine for everyone this morning. :)

nokki

on live servers we still have this bug, hope its going to be fixed with the next update...

Karvest

Due to the way it was gone here (it was just server restart without any maintenance), devs are not aware of what's causing it, so it would continue happening from time to time. But on live time between restarts is way bigger then here - players would suffer more time.

Wowwie

I do not have this bug on Beta server
or on En1
but En2 Its been on going I cannot see text on the chat but its there when I go on mobile I can see what I typed in the browser Version on the mobile chat Version

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Sadly i do not have privilidges on EN servers to go test there. Did you report it on the EN forums or support so they can take a look at it?
If anyone manages to reproduce it on beta with some details, please feel free to post here so i can investigate further.

Karvest

Seems that is something serverside. Like race condition at chat server trying to push new message to connected clients while receiving another message, that locks up pushing new messages for specific FS chat until chat server restart.