• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Cerberus unit stats info

MalpA

Game version: __ v1.19.1-(e0cf77e) (2016-11-23 9:46)
Game world: __beta
Browser + version: __firefox 49.0.2
Flash Player version: __22.0.0.209
Operating System: __Win 7
Screen resolution: __
Account name: __MalpA
Humans or Elves: __Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5

Current situation:

When we look at any military unit in game we can check their special abilities description, when we put mouse on the icon of this ability, but if we want to look on Sinister Cerberus and his Strike Back 3 ability there is no information about it:

Expected situation:

There should be any information what this ability are able to do.

DeletedUser1771

Can you, please, write down reproduction steps?

Right now, where ever I look for Cerberus Sinister special ability I get info about his Laceration ability. It exposes the enemy to 20% more damage and lasts for 2 rounds.

MalpA

What steps u wish me to write?
Its ability which have all melee units. There is no explenation what counter attack doing(how much lees dmg etc), when someone hit him, and our unit give him back.

DeletedUser1513

Strike back is clearly explained in the wiki:
https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Units

"8 Strike Back Strike Back This ability allows a unit to automatically counterattack after being attacked in close combat, but it works only once per round. If a unit has this ability you will see the number “1”. If the unit has no Strike Back a “0” will be shown."

I don't expect that everything of the wiki is replicated in game. Sure if it is such a regular ability.

DeletedUser1771

Where in the game you don't get info about special ability for Cerberus sinister? Can you give us a screen shot?

We can't reproduce it, while we play we have that info.

Deleted User - 60107

Seriously? This takes all of 5 seconds to check. But here, just for you guys:
StrikeBack1.png
StrikeBack1.png

It's the same for all units with the Srike Back ability. Nothing is explained: How much damage Strike Back does, how many times a unit can strike back, nothing.

I don't have Sinister Cerberus in any world just yet, but here's Cerberus II from the EN server:
StrikeBack3.png
How is Strike Back 2 different from regular Strike Back? No idea, because it's not explained.

Attachments

• StrikeBack2.png
    StrikeBack2.png
    181.6 KB · Views: 271

DeletedUser1771

@shadowblack:

Strike back is ability of unit to strike back immediately after being attack. Explanation can be find here.

Sinister Cerberus has Strike back ability 3, so that means that if 3 units attack it in one round he will strike back. It can strike back 3 times.
It is too much to ask from game developers to write all explanations about game directly in the game. That is too much info for game itself.
If you are not satisfied with Elvenar wiki that is another story and it is not meant for us to discuss about that in bug reports.

And it so logical, if Strike back means that unit will strike back, what might Strike back 2 mean? :rolleyes:

Lets be serious, this is so simple to understand, we cant agree to declare as a bug every little thing which is so logical and obvious. Strike back 1 means that unit will strike back once, strike back 0 means that unit wont strike back, so strike back 15 means that unit will strike back 15 times (if that would be possible, I didn't see so far enemy army which consist of 15 troops).

I would suggest you to report this in Suggestions and Proposals (I'm not sure about real name of the thread). If you don't like something or you want to change something in this game, this report is not place to do that. This is for reporting bugs, and Strike back missing explanation tool is not a bug. I'm sorry.

MalpA

shadowback thanks for help thats all what i mean.

@Tajanstvena

I dont understand why this information cant be dispaly in game. Not all people want to reading wiki. In game there should be information like this, that he striking back a unit when he get hit plus information about what % of ur basick attack will be strike back. its not much to do for your players

Deleted User - 60107

The tooltip for Strike Back is already there (as you can see on my screenshots), only the actual explanation is missing. Something like:
"Once per turn/Twice per turn/Thrice per turn this unit will retaliate if attacked by an enemy, and strike back with X% of its attack. This ability triggers only if the enemy is within range."

The second sentence is especially important because in the new battle system units retaliate to ranged attacks as well as melee ones, while in the old system they retaliated only to melee attacks. In many games retaliation works only for melee attacks but not ranged ones, so making it clear that in Elvenar it works for both is important. And it doesn't even take much effort to do because, like I said, the tooltip is already there, it's just missing the text.

Since you brought up the wiki: It really needs to be updated because the wiki info on Strike Back is clearly outdated and based on the old battle system. In the new one there is no "Strike Back: 0" and it works for ranged combat as well as close combat. Also, the wiki does not provide info about the damage of Strike Back (it's definitely not equal to the regular damage of the unit).

MalpA

The tooltip for Strike Back is already there (as you can see on my screenshots), only the actual explanation is missing. Something like:
"Once per turn/Twice per turn/Thrice per turn this unit will retaliate if attacked by an enemy, and strike back with X% of its attack. This ability triggers only if the enemy is within range."

The second sentence is especially important because in the new battle system units retaliate to ranged attacks as well as melee ones, while in the old system they retaliated only to melee attacks. In many games retaliation works only for melee attacks but not ranged ones, so making it clear that in Elvenar it works for both is important. And it doesn't even take much effort to do because, like I said, the tooltip is already there, it's just missing the text.

Since you brought up the wiki: It really needs to be updated because the wiki info on Strike Back is clearly outdated and based on the old battle system. In the new one there is no "Strike Back: 0" and it works for ranged combat as well as close combat. Also, the wiki does not provide info about the damage of Strike Back (it's definitely not equal to the regular damage of the unit).

Amen my friend :p

ADD: Addicional "Thornrose Mage" is a range unit(we can meat on map) with the same atribute, and same storry, no explenation how it work, is it working only for range units or for melee units too ...

DeletedUser1771

The Wiki update is in progress. When this will be finished I do not have information. So far this info about units works in this way. I will be free to quote my boss:

"If you feel the tooltip info about unit damage, strike back, etc. should be different and better, please leave that feedback in this thread. At the moment the game works as intended so there's not a "bug" here, but that doesn't mean things can't improve so if you have valuable feedback on that, please leave it in the appropriate thread."