• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Books

DeletedUser124

As i see are many readers here, i think we should have a thread to share opinions, recommendations and so on.

Personally, i love horror genre (the most), thriller, mystery and lately paranormal & romance. My favorite authors are Stephen King, John Saul, Dean Koontz, Agatha Christie, Cecelia Ahern, Marc Levy, Pascal Bruckner, Guillaume Musso.
Aaand some of my favorite books:
- Misery - Stephen King
- The Sea of Tranquility - Katja Millay
- The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
- The Morganville Vampires series - Rachel Caine
- Auschwitz: A Doctor's Eyewitness Account - Miklos Nyiszli
- And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie
- Drums, Girls & Dangerous Pie - Jordan Sonnenblick
- The Bone Collector - Jeffery Deaver
- La fille de papier - Guillaume Musso
- Forrest Gump - Winston Groom
- Shutter Island - Dennis Lehane
- Whispers - Dean Koontz
- Shadows - John Saul and sooo on.

Here is my goodreads also: https://www.goodreads.com/equin0x

What about you? :)

DeletedUser

I love reading, but I mostly read fantasy books.

My favourite serie is the Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McCaffrey, whose son unfortunately butchered the legacy of Pern.

I also like the fantasy written by Raymond E. Feist, Robin Hobb, Patrick Rothfuss, John Gwynne, Brent Weeks and many others.

The only none Fantasy/Sci-Fi series I read is the women's murder club from James Patterson. Not the best books, but I enjoy them.

And of course, I've got my childhood favourites:
* Astrid Lindgren with Brothers Lionheart and Ronja the Robber's daught
* Jostein Gaarder with the Solitair Mystery (the story in the story in the story)
* Thea Beckman (Dutch writer) with the Thule series (post-apocalyptic books where Greenland is now a very nice climate and it's ruled by women)
* Otfried Preussler with Krabat. A very dark book for a children's book. But very well written.

And so many more books. I love reading.

DeletedUser124

Indeed. After i finished the book i was totally in fog :)). I still don't know what's true.

DeletedUser

Indeed. After i finished the book i was totally in fog :)). I still don't know what's true.

Same here. I watched the movie with some friends and we were thinking about it the whole night.. Still don't know what really happened tough :p

DeletedUser

I've never read the book but indeed saw the movie. It's open for interpretation what actually happened IMO, but it was good film.

DeletedUser58

Also have not read the books but watched and enjoyed the movie. But agreed I'm still not fully sure what happened. :D

I love horror but I rarely find anything remotely close to what I would enjoy. Most of the time I end up reading CreepyPasta stories as I find them better than the majority of the 'horror' books out there. My favorite genre would be shared between Horror and Fantasy/High Fantasy. From favorite authors I'd mention Leo Tolstoy, JRR Tolkien, Neil Gaiman, HP Lovecraft, GRR Martin, Fyodor Dostoevsky, Stephen King, Tamora Pierce, and JK Rowling. Yeah, it's a weird bunch. lol

Favorite books is a bit hard to answer but I think I'd go with the following:
* American Gods --- Neil Gaiman
* A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire #3) --- George RR Martin
* The Phantom of the Opera --- Gaston Leroux
* Wizard and Glass (The Dark Tower #4) --- Stephen King
* Crime and Punishment --- Fyodor Dostoevsky
* Gardens of the Moon (The Malazan Book of the Fallen #1) --- Steven Erikson
* Angels and Demonds (Robert Langdon #1) --- Dan Brown
* The Wild Ass's Skin --- Honore de Balzac
* Crown of Shadows (The Coldfire Trilogy #3) --- CS Friedman

DeletedUser231

Wheel of Time seriess....Robert Jordan
Malazan Books of the Fallen series.......Steven Erikson
The Codex Alera series...........................Jum Butcher
The Malazan Empire series...Ian Esslemont
Outlander series.....Diana Gabaldon

So many

I recently finished the entire Encylopedia Britannica...Have a book shelf in my bathrrom and everytime I go potty I read a little bit of that set....It took me a Decade of potty sitting but finally finished...:p

DeletedUser136

I recently finished the entire Encylopedia Britannica...Have a book shelf in my bathrrom and everytime I go potty I read a little bit of that set....It took me a Decade of potty sitting but finally finished...:p

Wow... thanks for that image. lol

DeletedUser

I have a few favorites. I like David Eddings (The Belgaraid), Weis and Hickman (Death Gate cycle) and Tad Williams (Memory, Sorrow and Thorn)

DeletedUser58

That made me laugh RugBug. :D

I had the Belgariad suggested to me, but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. :) I should push it higher on my to-read list.

DeletedUser

I've been reading "complot 365" about a boy who's on the run for a whole year. I've read it in Dutch, but it's an Australian book, so I'd really recommend it to you all!

DeletedUser

I am all for the fantasy.
Favorites
Eragon series- Christopher Paolini
Percy Jackson- Rick Riordan
Dragonlance series- Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series- Michael Scott
Timerider series- Alex Scarrow

I love all my books, but these have made the top.

DeletedUser424

To be honest, I don't read many books. I read the Harry Potter books, but other than that I mostly read books based of the Dragon Age- and Mass Effect universe.

My favorite book however is called Röde Orm written by Frans G. Bengtsson. In English it is called The Long Ships and it is an awesome tale about a viking.

DeletedUser

That makes me think of a viking trilogy. The names of the books are (Forgot the trilogy title.) Raven blood-eye, Sons of Thunder, and Odin's Wolves by Giles Kristian.

DeletedUser58

To be honest, I don't read many books. I read the Harry Potter books, but other than that I mostly read books based of the Dragon Age- and Mass Effect universe.

I see nothing wrong with that. Harry Potter was the first series I read and it was my entrance to the world of fantasy. But I also played Warcraft and WoW so I've spent quite a lot of time reading stories and lore based on that universe. :) I love Dragon Age and Mass Effect as well, but haven't read anything on that front, just WoW/Warcraft.

ThaMartin

I'm a big fan of the Fantasy genre. Like Gaeaskywalker I love David Eddings (The Belgariad, The Malloreon) in particular and I love Harry Potter! :)

DeletedUser424

I see nothing wrong with that. Harry Potter was the first series I read and it was my entrance to the world of fantasy. But I also played Warcraft and WoW so I've spent quite a lot of time reading stories and lore based on that universe. :) I love Dragon Age and Mass Effect as well, but haven't read anything on that front, just WoW/Warcraft.

Well, if you get the chance I would recommend that you check them out :)

DeletedUser231

Also have not read the books but watched and enjoyed the movie. But agreed I'm still not fully sure what happened. :D

I love horror but I rarely find anything remotely close to what I would enjoy. Most of the time I end up reading CreepyPasta stories as I find them better than the majority of the 'horror' books out there. My favorite genre would be shared between Horror and Fantasy/High Fantasy. From favorite authors I'd mention Leo Tolstoy, JRR Tolkien, Neil Gaiman, HP Lovecraft, GRR Martin, Fyodor Dostoevsky, Stephen King, Tamora Pierce, and JK Rowling. Yeah, it's a weird bunch. lol

Favorite books is a bit hard to answer but I think I'd go with the following:
* American Gods --- Neil Gaiman
* A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire #3) --- George RR Martin
* The Phantom of the Opera --- Gaston Leroux
* Wizard and Glass (The Dark Tower #4) --- Stephen King
* Crime and Punishment --- Fyodor Dostoevsky
* Gardens of the Moon (The Malazan Book of the Fallen #1) --- Steven Erikson
* Angels and Demonds (Robert Langdon #1) --- Dan Brown
* The Wild Ass's Skin --- Honore de Balzac
* Crown of Shadows (The Coldfire Trilogy #3) --- CS Friedman

I like your selections and examples. I ♥love♥ to read. I have a very active imagination and movies are a huge let down. The way the put the movie and comparing it to the book for the most part is a huge let down. Human imagination is much more powerful than the tv/movie screen can ever provide. My biggest problem is setting down a good book at night. I could read all night....OCD book reader...:p