• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Autumn Zodiac 2022

Enevhar Aldarion

Wow, good thing today's daily prize is trash, because someone at Inno decided it would be funny to have, for the first time in maybe 3 years, collecting toolboxes as part of a daily quest, which is #62 for today.

Bor de Wolf 1965

It would have been fun if the designer at Inno would have drawn a trash can (1x1) or a pile of trash (2x2) and put that is as a daily prize.
they could give mana or unurium with zero culture, for lets be honest, trash can not turn in to some cultural thing.

Earwen1

I think the Autumn Zodiac events are my least favourite. Main reason for this is, that it just gives too little to do.
When the first x quests are done and the 2 weeks of 1 quest a day has begun, the keys give opportunity to open 1 or 2 balls, giving a few stars and that's it. Nothing to do but just wait until tomorrow for the same few clicks.

I really hope that this yearly event will get some real development attention in the next 11 months, so that it may become more attractive to play.

Lovec Krys

@Earwen1 You click balls everyday? I always choose one or two rewards i want and spend everything i have on that day.
So currently my beta was using event currency on mana hybrid and is now waiting untill next mana hybrid or for last day (and roling daily prize).

Earwen1

I click these balls when I can, I never take notice of the daily rewards actually... Just because I forget it.

DeletedUser4124

Not sure if its a bug. I haven't build Magic Academy nor reached its research and the quest is asking to use enchantment spells.

Bor de Wolf 1965

You can consider it as an early chapter player problem @betadimmer .
You can use the spells if you win them and they are in your inventory part of the game.
on the bottom of your screen there is a bar with maximum of 8 pictograms, the 6th pictogram is your inventory.

Enevhar Aldarion

Not sure if its a bug. I haven't build Magic Academy nor reached its research and the quest is asking to use enchantment spells.

If you are able to visit neighbors, remember that enchantments are one of the possible rewards you get in the three daily prizes for visiting. But if you have the new version of research, where you have to be in chapter 4 before you can do the tournament, I cannot think of any other source for enchantments before you can make your own.

Lelanya

There are spells available as prizes in the Spheres. Sometimes they do not count towards quests, but often they do.

Laurelin-Beta

There are spells available as prizes in the Spheres. Sometimes they do not count towards quests, but often they do.
In my opinion, needing to choose a particular Sphere (or Chest, etc.) only or primarily because one of its [often 'filler'-type] prizes may be an Enchantment is rather discouraging, especially for early-game players who generally already have few or none of the Daily Prize buildings or other desirable items - assuming here that the reason why any given item is included as part of the Daily Prize/s is because it is meant to be desirable.

Early-game players may also need those 'filler' prizes [or any others] more than later-game players (depending upon the nature of the building or other Daily Prize/s, of course). If I were a new player, in any game, I wouldn't think much of being expected to obtain Quest-demanded items by winning them from the Event itself - especially via a RNG system which means that nobody can be sure of winning any of the Daily Prizes in any case.

I remember that the same argument was made, some time ago, when an Event Quest asked for the usage of Troop Instants (Unit Refills?) - and I thought the same then, too. Not only disappointing, but also probably a waste of what is meant, after all, to be a prize - i.e. something which is extra to primary gameplay, not a part of it - and which may also be wasted in terms of achieving its best effect if it is used in order to complete another Quest in the same Event. Again speaking as an early player, I wouldn't want to use up any of my very small stock of Unit Refills (or Enchantments, etc.) unless I thought I would get the most possible benefit from them - which may not coincide with another day's Quest asking for their use.

The solution appears rather obvious : Inno already has different Coins and Goods requirements for Cities at various Chapter levels when it comes to FA Badges, and of late these different requirement levels appear to extend also to Event Quests requiring Coins and Goods as well, so why not - one assumes, without much or any extra coding needed? - just remove or alter, for early Cities, any particular Event Quest requirement which early Cities can't meet, such as making Enchantments in the Magic Academy?

In fact, and since Inno's early-game structure has now already been altered to preclude the participation of early players in group-based content like Tournaments and the Spire, it would seem only fair also to exclude the same players from Events - which tend to require the use of Resources obtained by those means - particularly if any of the Event Quests require Resources which early Cities cannot (not merely do not) possess?

That said, it seems highly likely that the reason why early players are not excluded from Events is because in Elvenar, as in most other mobile games, Events are major revenue sources, often more in the case of early players than their later-game and typically more knowledgeable and/or discerning counterparts, whereas the Spire can be and has been used by early Cities to 'cost' InnoGames revenue [by farming Diamonds], and even Tournaments can be used by early players to 'get ahead' in ways which the new early-game structure seems to be discouraging.

Regardless of such practical considerations, though, and assuming that InnoGames is not about to go broke any time soon (which seems highly unlikely), I've always been a fan of the 'play fair' argument applying equally to players and game-owners alike, and since it is commonly stated, on this and other Forums, that new players 'aren't really meant to finish Events', then in my view making available - even promoting - Events to such players, as is done via Facebook, the Play Store, and the game client itself, doesn't seem very much like two-way 'fair play' at all.

Last edited:

guivou

to be fair, events should be easier for early players because reward building are far less powerful and outdated a few weeks later (in early level , change of level are every month, a level 19 player has to wait monthes to change level, so reward will last much more)

Yogi Dave

@TomatoeHu Do you have a quest list etc. for this event? It's always my fav. I love the added info for the quests and color coding for the types of quest.

I do look at the info from other people since there is always unique info in all of them. Thanks to everyone for this service.

Jackluyt

Or here:
https://tinyurl.com/p9cjc5kp

This file can be opened on any PC without special programs; you are welcome to share the link with friends who do not play on Beta.
Note that this version recorded in Beta server may be slightly different to the version that comes to the live worlds.

299957738_10221374021760641_2736016359685491070_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: