• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce Another Culture Bonus Issue

DeletedUser1095

Sorry if reporting this again is the wrong thing to do, but the first time I did it it wound up archived, apparently without any staff noticing it:
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/wrong-culture-bonus.2480/#post-15673

So here it is again:

Game world: Beta 1
Browser + version: Firefox 37.0.2
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium
Account name: Mink
Humans or Elves: Elves
Reproducibility: Nonstop all day today - I haven't noticed it earlier.
Current situation:
In my "culture bonus counter" it says I'm at 170%.
It says "required for current level: 3900; available culture: 4404".
It's said that all day, even though I've upgraded six residences from level 5 to level 7, one residence from level 4 to level 5, and two manufactories from level 2 to level 3; I've also sold one residence.
(For the sake of full disclosure: Off and on there are also "neighbourly help boni" but that doesn't enter into the oddness I'm describing here.)

Expected situation:
The figures in the "culture bonus counter" should vary as I upgrade buildings, add buildings and sell buildings.

Reproduction Steps
1] Look at the figures in the "culture bonus counter".
2] Add or upgrade a manufactory or other non-cultural building.
3] Look at the "culture bonus counter" figures again and note with dismay that they haven't changed.
4] Worry about what's going to happen when the apparently stuck counter gets fixed - will the bottom drop out of my cultural level??

Update: I've now started upgrades on two manufactories and the "available culture" counter has duly changed. But that doesn't explain why it stayed stable all day yesterday, and I'm still concerned that when a correction for yesterday's stuckness kicks in I'll end up with negative culture, a lot of fleabit barbarians eating with their mouths open, playing crude jokes on my citizens, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser628

Thank you for reporting this to us, Mink. Can I please ask you to submit a support ticket, just to see if the staff can check your existing culture to make sure it's correct. Thanks!

DeletedUser628

Mink, am I correct in assuming that there been no further instance of this issue? Not sure what caused it but it appears it was a one-time thing as I've been unable to reproduce it and we haven't had similar reports.

DeletedUser1095

The culture counter seems to be working like it should now. I'll post again if I see it's stuck again.

DeletedUser628

I will mark this as cannot reproduce for the time being, though the thread remains open so if there are any further developments on this for anyone just let us know.