• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Announcements and Release Notes (Discord)

galadriel101

Hi everyone!

We have some upcoming changes for our Ancient Wonders! They will be **available on Beta from tomorrow, January 10**.

# Improvements to Ancient Wonders bonuses and costs
We want Ancient Wonders to be a fair challenge. But they use different resources and are very hard when a new chapter comes and easier later. This may stop you from placing an Ancient Wonder you want.

To fix this and make them have a steady challenge, we changed their costs. Now you will need Spell Fragments, Combining Catalysts, and Royal Restoration. This will sound familiar to Chapter 21 players as they are the same type of cost of the Ancient Wonders in that chapter, but we cut them in half (also for Chapter 21) following the feedback we got from you.

In general, we also improved their rewards. In most cases, rewards are the same type but stronger in the initial levels. At max level, there is little difference to now.

The new balance will work for the Ancient Wonders in your city, after the update you will get the new bonuses.

We know these are significant changes, and feel they are necessary to improve the game. These adjustments are essential for maintaining the relevance of Ancient Wonders. Give it a try, your feedback is invaluable to us and we greatly appreciate your dedication to improving Elvenar.
# Four exceptions (3 nerfs and 1 buff are coming)
There are few exception to the general new balancing. Two Ancient Wonders are too strong: The Sanctuary / Martial Monastery and Watchtower Ruins. They give huge culture, making this requirement almost trivial. We cut this bonus, it is still good, but not excessive. This makes culture matter more.

On the plus side, you can now level up The Sanctuary / Martial Monastery to level 35 (before 30) and the bonus on Troops Health is stronger.

The third one we nerfed is Dragon Abbey and its mana per spell bonus. This got too strong over time, as spells got more common. Also, this is very strong at first, but way less later.

We want Ancient Wonders to have stable and good effects in future chapters. With the change, this will happen. Compared to before, Dragon Abbey will be stronger in future chapters, but weaker in the current ones.

The fourth Ancient Wonder in this list is the Thrones of the High Men. It was originally depending on total Ancient Wonder levels to provide increased Culture and additional Ranking points. Now it will also take the Main Hall Ranking points into consideration, which considerably boosts the ranking points output, especially in higher chapters. This also boosts Culture to some degree, but not as strongly as the Ranking points.
https://discord.com/channels/1136205917306753035/1143845307436777483/1194208379128795206
FaunaWIllow, thanks a lot for posting and keeping us up to date!
All this retrofitting seems like a waste of everyone's time. We very carefully build our cities according to what the buildings will do for us and then... one day, whoops, the rules have changed.

I have a lot of culture buildings placed in my city, and after these “improvements”, my culture is now -106k. Everyone has built the AWs of their choice and planned their city in a specific way, according to their own strategy, and now these changes have made a lot of that worthless. Culture requirements were not “trivial” before, and now we are going to have to fill half of our cities with culture buildings to stay above zero. Some players who prefer that strategy and haven’t built culture AWs are already doing that - but why force everyone to do the same? Some players have invested many thousands of kps and resources to get a specific AW maxed for a specific purpose - and now it is worthless.

I also don’t like the new AW upgrade costs - it puts newer players, or players that haven’t had a chance to max an AW yet, at a disadvantage having to pay huge amounts of scarce resource such as spell fragments, CCs and RRs to upgrade AWs that many other players have already maxed.

I see very little, if any benefit to these changes - for the most part they are simply grossly unfair to all players, new and old.

galadriel101

Grrrrr....... I have been saving up sentient goods to upgrade my MH, would have been ready to do it tomorrow, and now it suddenly needs 35 RRS. I'm in a fellowship that gets 10 or 11 chests a week, but it is still going to take 5 weeks to save up. So what happens to players in smaller or less active fellowships?

FaunaWillow

"Ancient Wonders changes - Additional improvements following feedback
First, we really want to thank all our beta players for the useful feedback you have provided since we implemented the recent improvements to Ancient Wonders bonuses and costs. This is what beta is meant for and thanks to your feedback we are now able to implement a series of additional improvements to address 2 of the major points raised. They will be available on beta from tomorrow, January 12.
  • We are doubling the Culture effect of 3 Ancient Wonders (Martial Monastery / The Sanctuary, Watchtower Ruins, and Thermal Spring of Youth)
    • Keep in mind this will still be a lower amount compared to how it was before the initial change, we still listened your feedback and corrected those benefits to increase them

• We are introducing helpful refunds for some buildings. They will now grant Combining Catalyst or Royal Restoration depending on their size and type (usually between 1 and 3)
    • This will help provide additional ways to get the resources needed to level up your Ancient Wonders in the new system
    • We plan to keep expanding the list of buildings in the future
    • Down here you can see an image with the first round of buildings"
      https://discord.com/channels/1136205917306753035/1143845307436777483/1195035811469611138
      1704996002305.png

Thank you for the update, FaunaWillow. This change addresses the Culture problem, but even with the new refunds I think that AWs will still be much to expensive for smaller cities to upgrade. I hope that the development team will still consider removing Spell Fragment, CCs and RR spells from at least the first 15-20 levels for each AW - maybe make it a bit more challenging to reach the higher AW levels (if absolutely necessary), but less than the current amounts. The current cost for levels 25+ is challenging for large cities, but even more than that, the ridiculously high cost for the small additional reward given by each level is simply not worth it - I have been waiting for additional levels on the Sanctuar/Martial Monastery for a long time, but now that they have been implemented, the cost of upgrading is too high to actually bother upgrading any further.

Lovec Krys

This change addresses the Culture problem
It depends what you mean by adresses.
Because giving a little more culture doesn't solve the problem with taking a huge amount of it.
Even average cities will still go negative (just a little less with the newest change), not mentioning the realy big cities with both wonders maxed and a lot of consumed culture (what's the difference between -2M culture and -1,8M culture?).

galadriel101

Thank you for the update, FaunaWillow. This change addresses the Culture problem, but even with the new refunds I think that AWs will still be much to expensive for smaller cities to upgrade. I hope that the development team will still consider removing Spell Fragment, CCs and RR spells from at least the first 15-20 levels for each AW - maybe make it a bit more challenging to reach the higher AW levels (if absolutely necessary), but less than the current amounts. The current cost for levels 25+ is challenging for large cities, but even more than that, the ridiculously high cost for the small additional reward given by each level is simply not worth it - I have been waiting for additional levels on the Sanctuar/Martial Monastery for a long time, but now that they have been implemented, the cost of upgrading is too high to actually bother upgrading any further.
Yes, thanks for the update Fauna Willow. You have to sell a lot of buildings to get enough RR for an upgrade. As an example, I want to upgrade my Mountain Halls from 30 to 31 to get the production boost. It requires 35 RRs. To get that I'd have to build about 15 buildings from inventory and sell them. And then those buildings would no longer be available to disenchant for spell frags. Before the "improvements" I could have done the upgrade for 150k of each of the basic sentient goods - expensive but manageable and something I could build into my daily gameplay. Please, Inno, take away all of the new "improvements"! We were better off before you made them.

It depends what you mean by adresses.
Because giving a little more culture doesn't solve the problem with taking a huge amount of it.
Even average cities will still go negative (just a little less with the newest change), not mentioning the realy big cities with both wonders maxed and a lot of consumed culture (what's the difference between -2M culture and -1,8M culture?).
That is true - to be honest I am not entirely sure how much culture they cut from the AWs in the first place, so I won’t really know if doubling the new amount makes any significant difference until I see the effects on my city after the next update.

Lovec Krys

Originaly max. lv provided 40% of consumed culture. So you could have great differences of bonusses betwen players depending how many consumed culture they had (mainly number of armories, since they consume most culture and some difference also in cities based on Magic residences vs. Pop/Cult hybrids).
Newly it's 20 x Your squad size, so for everyone the same depending only on your unresearched Squad size upgrades, so for a player in ch 21 maximum slightly above 200k after doubling patch(while original numbers could go to 600k in many more or less average citites or even above milion in high ranking cities with dozens of armories).

Originaly max. lv provided 40% of consumed culture. So you could have great differences of bonusses betwen players depending how many consumed culture they had (mainly number of armories, since they consume most culture and some difference also in cities based on Magic residences vs. Pop/Cult hybrids).
Newly it's 20 x Your squad size, so for everyone the same depending only on your unresearched Squad size upgrades, so for a player in ch 21 maximum slightly above 200k after doubling patch(while original numbers could go to 600k in many more or less average citites or even above milion in high ranking cities with dozens of armories).
Thanks for the explanation. My Watchtower ruins currently provides 1.02 million culture in my EN3 city - so it will drop to about a fifth of the current amount. Yes, I take it back - they have not addressed the culture problem at all.

Dhurrin

"Ancient Wonders changes - Additional improvements following feedback
First, we really want to thank all our beta players for the useful feedback you have provided since we implemented the recent improvements to Ancient Wonders bonuses and costs. This is what beta is meant for and thanks to your feedback we are now able to implement a series of additional improvements to address 2 of the major points raised. They will be available on beta from tomorrow, January 12.
  • We are doubling the Culture effect of 3 Ancient Wonders (Martial Monastery / The Sanctuary, Watchtower Ruins, and Thermal Spring of Youth)
    • Keep in mind this will still be a lower amount compared to how it was before the initial change, we still listened your feedback and corrected those benefits to increase them

First of all, thanks Fauna Willow!

So, the DA, MMM, UUU and ELR for instance all could be sold for huge amounts of coins and supplies. Which will be changed into 1 CC spell. Wowie, I am so impressed....NOT!
In fact, I used to save them up for when I would feed the Brown Bear and use those supplies to keep making troops, combined with time-instants to make huge amounts of troops in that 12-hour window the feeding effect is in place.
And fine, fine, I can use supply windfalls, gods know I have plenty of them, but that probably is not the case for everyone. Some, like me, might actually have been using them in a combo to make use of those supplies.

And seriously? 5 RR spells for a magic residence or magic workshop? Did they even do the math on how many RR spells one will need to up any AW? Or have math-skills deteriorated so far that they think this makes any sense?

Last edited:

galadriel101

If any moderators are reading these messages, first I want to say thank you for all you do, and I'm sorry you have to be in the middle of this *#!* storm because we know you didn't create this mess, you are just the ones who have to be here and listen to our pain and rage. I'd really appreciate it if you could pass this message back to the people in Inno who decided that all these new changes were a good idea.
Here it goes:
'To the decision makers in Inno:
Your post that says "we are now able to implement a series of additional improvements " - please Inno, don't insult our intelligence. You have not "implemented a series of additional improvements". The changes you made to the AWs were NOT improvements, they made things REALLY BAD for ALL OF US. So the new changes cannot be "additional" improvements because there are no improvements to add to. And the new changes (letting us sell a few buildings for an insultingly small number of CCs or RRs) don't repair the damage you have created or make it easier for us to play. They have just created another set of problems for us to solve.
In my many years of playing Elvenar, I have never seen so many players so confused and upset about any change you have made to the game. Big cities, small cities, old cities, young cities, cities that fight, cities that cater - we are all ALL furious about these changes to the AWs, and we ALL feel insulted by the idea that the damage can miraculously be repaired by selling a few buildings. These new changes do not help ANYONE. So please just admit you made a mistake and take us back to where we were before you made the changes to the AWs that have caused all this upset and fury.
I really hope you are listening'

RugBug

TO the Developers
You have made my gaming life Much much worse. Your changes have upset my game and those changes have made things worse. You took away most of my Combining Catalysts and then you order me to use them to upgrade my wonders. In my Magic Academy I used to craft 5 day battle buildings but simply cannot because now I am FORCED to wait for the next Spire event. So basically you now have ruined my crafting abilities. My fellowship on beta has a very good system that allows us to build wonders very quickly through a huge amount of work ethic. So now you new WORSE improvements are going to make all our members life miserable.

Oh and I absolutely HATE Discord.... It is one of the most stupidiest decisions you could ever make, you fixed something that was not broken... The second worst decision is when you arbitarily stole from many player a huge amount of diamonds

So my question for the developers is as such:
Are you guys out of your mind , is it your intentions to ruin Elvenar, because you are doing a great job of it?

Brummbaer

Dear Elvenar Team (and Developers).

Do you play your own game? Where are the experienced long time "Alpha-Tester".
If you do like us long-time-player, you have seen that this "changes" are going into the wrong direction.
If I understand right: if I sell 1 Magic Workshop or Magic Residence I will receive 5 RR's, that mean 5 RR's cost 2000 Diamonds (the cost to buy one of this buildings)??
Please, please - listen to us, you are destroying your game.

Brummi

FaunaWillow

On Discord Beta News- DeadeyJerry:

"Following the initial set of changes we implemented last Friday, from tomorrow on Beta all buildings that are not unlocked via the technology tree and are not evolving buildings will be able to provide Combining Catalysts or Royal Restorations when sold.

You will usually get between 1 and 3 of those resources, depending on the size of the building. The type of resource will depend on how much effort is required to get that building. For example, for buildings you get from crafting or as daily rewards from events it will be Combining Catalysts, and for Fellowship Adventures rewards or Djinn and Dwarven Armorer from the Spire it will be Royal Restorations.

In this way you will have additional ways to get some of the resources needed to upgrade your Ancient Wonders in the new system, directly from buildings you no longer need in your city. Thanks a lot for your feedback on this topic!"
https://discord.com/channels/1136205917306753035/1143845307436777483/1196479993623089343

Feedback Thread:
https://discord.com/channels/1136205917306753035/1194609628990935070

Dhurrin

On Discord Beta News- DeadeyJerry:

"Following the initial set of changes we implemented last Friday, from tomorrow on Beta all buildings that are not unlocked via the technology tree and are not evolving buildings will be able to provide Combining Catalysts or Royal Restorations when sold.

You will usually get between 1 and 3 of those resources, depending on the size of the building. The type of resource will depend on how much effort is required to get that building. For example, for buildings you get from crafting or as daily rewards from events it will be Combining Catalysts, and for Fellowship Adventures rewards or Djinn and Dwarven Armorer from the Spire it will be Royal Restorations.

In this way you will have additional ways to get some of the resources needed to upgrade your Ancient Wonders in the new system, directly from buildings you no longer need in your city. Thanks a lot for your feedback on this topic!"
https://discord.com/channels/1136205917306753035/1143845307436777483/1196479993623089343

Feedback Thread:
https://discord.com/channels/1136205917306753035/1194609628990935070
Thanks again FaunaWillow!

I noticed the in-game announcement. This is not even an consolation and basically only really benefits the larger players again.
Small cities hardly have the resources to craft anything, so they are still screwed. For large cities this may make a difference, but the whole 'rebalancing' act was to slow those players down right? Not to screw over everyone.

And I STILL have not had any of the Devs (@Deadeye Jerry , help out here please) address the fact that there now is a broken game-mechanic of using unwanted AWs to break runes into broken shards when you fill the ring, then build them and sell them to break more runes so you can forge runes for the AW you want.
If one has to pay CC spells, spellfrags and RR spells to build that unwanted AW only to sell it again so you can fill the ring again that is going to be a huge problem. and again, this will hurt smaller players way worse than larger players, as they don't have the resources, nor the amount of scouted provinces, to get huge amounts of runes from the tourney.
At the very least one should be getting back CC spells, spellfrags and RR spells when selling an AW. And even that is very minimal, considering the absolute s**tshow these changes are. These are not 'improvements'. Not every change is an improvement, just because something is changed!

Biloutte91

A sneak peek to Elvenar in 2024
:Crystal_Unicorn:

This year will be another busy one with new content coming regularly and some special things. Are you curious? Let’s have an early sneak peek!

Spire improvements
:spire:

Hello, I’m Alina, a game designer here at Elvenar working on exciting upcoming improvements for the Spire of Eternity! Prepare to discover a mystery lurking in the Spire’s ancient halls, involving an exciting new addition on the outskirts of our beloved cities. Perhaps, once it is uncovered, the lost souls may finally find their peace? But that’s not all! We have been listening to your feedback and are working on introducing some exciting new rewards to the Spire. Our goal is to make your weekly adventures high up in the clouds feel even more enriching. In addition, we will introduce new means of tracking the progress and success of your Fellowship as you work together to navigate your way to the top. Stay tuned for further updates!

New Chapter
:expansion:

Hey, I’m Timon, a game designer on Elvenar, working on new chapters. Chapter 22 is being worked on, and as chapter 21 ended with a mysterious weather change with lots and lots of rain, Elvenar might soon be threatened with floods. Get your city ready, not only to fend off the tidal wave, but also to help any refugees whose homes are currently under water. Look forward to a new twist on a race you haven’t seen in a while, and for some giant animals that will play a bigger part in your next Settlement. Ah yes, and maybe there will even be (finally) a true romance...

New Event type
:builder:

A completely new type of event is coming near the end of 2024! And we can’t avoid mentioning new pets are coming during the year. The first one, in March, will apparently arrive flying. What could it be? Stay tuned to not miss everything else coming to the game in 2024! Thanks for being on this magical journey with us.

Biloutte91

In English in béta forum tanks

1. Only English, please!

• The language of this forum is English. Posts in other languages will be removed.

Karvest

New recipes and portraits.​

There are 3 new recipes, that can appear in crafting:
  • 6 CC → 2500 SF + 3 VV
  • 12 CC → 5000 SF + 8 VV
  • 16 CC → 8000 SF + 5 VV
New portraits are unlocked once you enter chapter 3. If you are beyond this point, they are also auto-unlocked.
  • There are 2 per race (so Elven players will receive 2 new Elven portraits, and Human players will receive 2 new Human portraits).
  • They can be found as usual in the portrait selection of the player profile, sorted between the ones from chapter 2 and chapter 4.
portrait_id_ch3_3-a3dca98cdf2770cf64243d6843d9ac5e.png
portrait_id_ch3_4-4886114968e24ca55733dc4d380839a0.png
portrait_id_ch3_1-a7071466448b97fb106911bab25eeca5.png
portrait_id_ch3_2-6728637215fd069e1b9fdc6a3dca9f87.png