• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Adventure ?

ayvinul

Considering the event is long gone on beta, aren't we a bit overdue for a new fellowship adventure ?

Enevhar Aldarion

Inno is still on vacation. The next game update was also delayed til January because of this. I am sure we will start to hear things again on Monday.

edeba

I think the game used to have way better leadership and management. People often ask for a break, but certainly the planning around this Christmas left a pretty big break. And then the management used to understand what improved quality for game play, which is seriously lacking. The chapter 17 showed nothing learned from the FA and it went over the top in its efforts to create mindless clicking, or today's management thinks watching paint dry is engaging, because that's the choice with chapter 17, slow and boring beyond comprehension, or endless, build-up-contempt gag-flex clicking, and to what end? I do believe it declined my tournament ability by 10-15%, which is what the player's base has been saying about regressive...

Anyway, all of these things, extremely long break over Christmas and no planning for it, trashing the tournament, and an grossly level of drudgery planned into a chapter are all the result of grossly inferior leadership.

iDavis

Honestly, I have to say that I enjoyed chapter 17 much better than any of the previous two. For me it's just fabulous how they can find another way to make the chapter different, while still using the same mechanics and the same types of production (queue and manual one). The research is very interestingly built, planning and looking ahead does much more profits for you then ever before, and so the cyclic production does - if you just place everything what gets under your hand and do not think about the numbers at all, you might end up doing that chapter longer than player having less settlement buildings than you. Yes productions are short and u need a lot of ships (I literally renamed this chapter to Demolators from Unur), but at the end of the day it feels rewarding, if you play active and you know that so you can do better compared with someone who does not. So no, I didn't get bored, even during that longer break.

SoggyShorts

Honestly, I have to say that I enjoyed chapter 17 much better than any of the previous two.
Aw, that makes it so much MORE disappointing that moving from where I am at the start of 16 is the smart choice.
I loved the puzzle of each guest race, but this stupid formula just sours it for me.

ayvinul

wow, so much hate from some people.
I was just wondering about the (to me) somewhat longer delay than usual between event and adventure.

As far as planning goes, Inno has done a top-notch job through 2020. Heck, I've got some fellow players complaining there were too many events.

If the adventure doesn't go live on beta next week, it will be the first time in many months that I can actually catch a breath: between beta and the live worlds, there was ALWAYS something new going on, between events, adventure, tournament changes.

edeba

wow, so much hate from some people.
I was just wondering about the (to me) somewhat longer delay than usual between event and adventure.

As far as planning goes, Inno has done a top-notch job through 2020. Heck, I've got some fellow players complaining there were too many events.

If the adventure doesn't go live on beta next week, it will be the first time in many months that I can actually catch a breath: between beta and the live worlds, there was ALWAYS something new going on, between events, adventure, tournament changes.
Those are very rose colored glasses there. It is pretty massive to ignore that system wide complaints across all worlds about the new tournament and call that top notch. If this was phone company and you could just move your supplier, they'd go bankrupt. We can't move our game which leads to mass abuse for trashing what you spent your money on.

Deleted User - 86059

Again, sorry to be boring but can you keep this to the topic in hand... Adventure is this topic just in case you missed it

Pauly7

I'm just hoping still that they decided to skip having a Fellowship Adventure this time around. There are way too many of them. I will be very glad if it is just quiet for another couple of weeks before moving onto the next event.

ayvinul

Those are very rose colored glasses there. It is pretty massive to ignore that system wide complaints across all worlds about the new tournament and call that top notch. If this was phone company and you could just move your supplier, they'd go bankrupt. We can't move our game which leads to mass abuse for trashing what you spent your money on.
Some of us, me first actually like the new tournament format. I'm very happy to not have to do as many encounters as I used to, and I haven't been that badly affected by the difficulty changes. I'm probably not as advanced as some of you, but for players like me, I'm sorry the new tournament is cool.

More specifically, yeah, there are complaints. But this is downright condescending to think that all players agree about the new tournament.

You're entitled to have your opinion, you can think it is a bad move...

... as far as I'm concerned, I've seen people whine about more or less every change that Inno has made since I've started the game.

Personally, there are a lot of good things which I like in what they do. There is of course room for improvement, but they're not making such an horrible game as you depict.

ayvinul

I'm just hoping still that they decided to skip having a Fellowship Adventure this time around. There are way too many of them. I will be very glad if it is just quiet for another couple of weeks before moving onto the next event.
Depends on whether or not you finished the owl. I did... some players in my fellowship did not, and I'm pretty sure they will be very disappointed if they don't get the missing evolutions from the FA.

SoggyShorts

I'm very happy to not have to do as many encounters as I used to
Almost everyone loves this.
and I haven't been that badly affected by the difficulty changes. I'm probably not as advanced as some of you, but for players like me, I'm sorry the new tournament is cool.
For now.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's like if something came out where everyone gets a cookie today, but also a groin-punch on their 65th birthday.
I also love the changes today, I am very disappointed with what they have done to my future.

Last edited:

edeba

Some of us, me first actually like the new tournament format. I'm very happy to not have to do as many encounters as I used to, and I haven't been that badly affected by the difficulty changes. I'm probably not as advanced as some of you, but for players like me, I'm sorry the new tournament is cool.

More specifically, yeah, there are complaints. But this is downright condescending to think that all players agree about the new tournament.

You're entitled to have your opinion, you can think it is a bad move...

... as far as I'm concerned, I've seen people whine about more or less every change that Inno has made since I've started the game.

Personally, there are a lot of good things which I like in what they do. There is of course room for improvement, but they're not making such an horrible game as you depict.
Almost everyone likes the 4 to 1 encounter. But, if you had enough invested into your game to buy get appliances for your home, which is not far off for what the pricing is on the expansions, and they helped your game. Every purchase helped your game, and then they change the code so it doesn't help you and actually harms your game, well, it makes Inno a bunch of electronic thieves and scammers totally lacking ethics. The people I know that rip people off like this have no qualms about walking into a store and just taking what they want without paying for it, or robbing a bank, or other activity where you just take without concern for the ethics of what you are doing. It was completely unethical and it was immoral, and with how the game is set up now, I would not have made those purchases. My squad size is 36% bigger because of those purchases, yet those expansion only increased my land by 30%, but when I purchased they didn't affect my squad size. So not only did the destroy my game investment, but by being someone who actually financially supported the game, my game is worse off for it.

ayvinul

I've never seen the game as an expensive game, but a game of skill.

I don't pay to buy expansions, the price quickly becomes ludicrous, which is a deliberate strategy to keep the game free to play.

The way I see it, Innogames makes a great free game. From time to time, about once a year, I sponsor them with a few euros... I might have spent 15€ in two years, not more. And I keep getting a great game in return, along with a gift of a few diamonds, enough to make me warm and fuzzy, but not enough to change the course of the game.

Contrary to a lot of other "free to play" games, I don't think it's possible to actually get ahead of 100% free players by investing a reasonable amount of money in the game.

If you want to spend hundreds of euros in elvenar, that's your choice, but I don't think you're entitled to gain an unfair advantage on free players.

I think that the day real money makes an actual difference in elvenar will be the day I quit.

little bee

You guys are off topic again. The question was if there is going to be a new FA. I would actually be interested in the answer as well. Maybe one of the Mods knows something?

edeba

I've never seen the game as an expensive game, but a game of skill.

I don't pay to buy expansions, the price quickly becomes ludicrous, which is a deliberate strategy to keep the game free to play.

The way I see it, Innogames makes a great free game. From time to time, about once a year, I sponsor them with a few euros... I might have spent 15€ in two years, not more. And I keep getting a great game in return, along with a gift of a few diamonds, enough to make me warm and fuzzy, but not enough to change the course of the game.

Contrary to a lot of other "free to play" games, I don't think it's possible to actually get ahead of 100% free players by investing a reasonable amount of money in the game.

If you want to spend hundreds of euros in elvenar, that's your choice, but I don't think you're entitled to gain an unfair advantage on free players.

I think that the day real money makes an actual difference in elvenar will be the day I quit.
And you absolutely would not have such a game without players like myself because what you've spent has not paid for the game any way, shape or form. Who are you kidding, they offer different things for sale. Spending money on an FA event doesn't change your game in any way, shape or form, spending money on premium build items gives you a little more resources. When the highest chapter had the snails, some cities were full of snails, and so it goes, they give an advantage and few would buy those kinds of things without an advantage. Now, not only did they wipe out any advantage to having purchased premium expansions, they actually harm your game. There is no requirement to spend money, but all games that offer things for sale give some kind of advantage or the models would not work. Changing the conditions under which purchases were made is completely unethical and immoral and wrong. I don't know what percentage of the $75 million this game has generated came from expansions, but I'm willing to bet it is significant and with how they CHANGED the value of those purchases AFTER the fact would have drastically change their contribution to revenue.

guivou

You guys are off topic again. The question was if there is going to be a new FA. I would actually be interested in the answer as well. Maybe one of the Mods knows something?
i hope we will have one soon to get extra artifact because my owl is only level 9 (if no adventure , it should be said before the end of the event , it change the way you play if you have or not a way to win additional artifact ).

SoggyShorts

It's pretty common to go off-topic went the topic is done.

Q: "Will there be an FA, will it have artifacts, and if so, when?"
A: "No one (on these forums who is allowed to share) knows, most Germans have vacation until around the 12th"

What more is there to discuss?

Skillpowers

with this format of event there might not be an adventure this time , the last time this format was used (the festival may tree) there was also no advanture if im correct.