• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Adventure ?

BaluWitch

with this format of event there might not be an adventure this time , the last time this format was used (the festival may tree) there was also no advanture if im correct.
good question. But actually many players would welcome it, as many ended up with lvl8-9. Considering that in many countries is lockdown again, and much worser then last year :( people would welcome adventure, as they are locked home...

salandrine

As said before, official announcment in German forum said, that a lot of the crew was on holiday until yesterday. So give them some time to create the FA. I would not be suprised the announcement of a FA will come within the next few days.

And, when we had no FA follwing an event, most people got 11 oder even 12 pieces of the main price. This time its not this way.

Pauly7

@salandrine Depends how much they used the shuffle button. The more you were after dailies, the less chance you had to get owl to 10 (if you cared).
This is true. In my Beta city I comfortably got my Owl to level 10 because that's what I concentrated on and hardly ever re-shuffled. In my Live cities, I couldn't give a monkeys about the Owl and I think I got 7 and 8 artefacts.

salandrine

@salandrine Depends how much they used the shuffle button. The more you were after dailies, the less chance you had to get owl to 10 (if you cared).
Sorry, I replayed to this post

with this format of event there might not be an adventure this time , the last time this format was used (the festival may tree) there was also no advanture if im correct.

I can remember only one time, an event has not been followed with an FA. And there where a lot of players having even 11 oder 12 pieces of the evo buildung.

I myself have got the owl only to max. stage 9 in several worlds, due to take more care to the buildings. But with an FA I will get them to 10.

galrond

I got 9 artefacts on my beta city, and 8 on both my live cities.
I didn´t shuffle in any cities, so the difference must be from collecting keys around the cities.
I don´t intend on building the owl, but I guess some ppl would feel cheated if they don´t get 2 artefacts from FA.
That said, I´m glad there´s a break from events. Then I can tend to "normal" activities in the cities: upgrade what needs upgrading, producing supplies/goods because I need them, get relics as a biproduct, and do encounters (spire/tournament/map) in their own right and pace :)

Pauly7

I got 9 artefacts on my beta city, and 8 on both my live cities.
I didn´t shuffle in any cities, so the difference must be from collecting keys around the cities.
It's also random how often you will find 2, 3 or 4 extra presents behind the doors.

CrazyWizard

Some of us, me first actually like the new tournament format. I'm very happy to not have to do as many encounters as I used to, and I haven't been that badly affected by the difficulty changes. I'm probably not as advanced as some of you, but for players like me, I'm sorry the new tournament is cool.

More specifically, yeah, there are complaints. But this is downright condescending to think that all players agree about the new tournament.

You're entitled to have your opinion, you can think it is a bad move...

... as far as I'm concerned, I've seen people whine about more or less every change that Inno has made since I've started the game.

Personally, there are a lot of good things which I like in what they do. There is of course room for improvement, but they're not making such an horrible game as you depict.

it's a very fair conclusion, and I am sure you are absolutely right.
The main issue is for those that are:
  • people that really love the tournaments and find it one of the most fun things in game, these people like to push themselves to the limit
  • people that have advanced enough that any progression has a negative effect on that limit
If you do no push for that limit, but lets say are very happy with 20 provinces, then it does not matter if you are very advanced or not, you'll reach your mark anyway as you stray way under the limit anyway so there is some leeway to surrender and continue your advancement.

When you love to squeeze every last ouce out the the tournaments you see your abilities to perform dwindle with each advancement.

As for the FA, I really do not care if it comes or doesnt.
I would love to see a challenge again instead. havent seen those in a while

edeba

it's a very fair conclusion, and I am sure you are absolutely right.
The main issue is for those that are:
  • people that really love the tournaments and find it one of the most fun things in game, these people like to push themselves to the limit
  • people that have advanced enough that any progression has a negative effect on that limit
If you do no push for that limit, but lets say are very happy with 20 provinces, then it does not matter if you are very advanced or not, you'll reach your mark anyway as you stray way under the limit anyway so there is some leeway to surrender and continue your advancement.

When you love to squeeze every last ouce out the the tournaments you see your abilities to perform dwindle with each advancement.

As for the FA, I really do not care if it comes or doesnt.
I would love to see a challenge again instead. havent seen those in a while
My sense is that doing chapter 17 on live reduced my tournament ability by 10-20%, and I'm thinking the higher end of that range. The first series of the new tournament I was getting scores over 10k, but I was also aware that I was burning resources faster than I was producing them. Now my score is in the 8-9k range and I'm still declining resources. This feels like it keeps repeating in a bad way, like burping up bile. The fun aspect has been destroyed and everything about the game serves as a reminder of how the game has been destroyed.

CrazyWizard

My sense is that doing chapter 17 on live reduced my tournament ability by 10-20%, and I'm thinking the higher end of that range. The first series of the new tournament I was getting scores over 10k, but I was also aware that I was burning resources faster than I was producing them. Now my score is in the 8-9k range and I'm still declining resources. This feels like it keeps repeating in a bad way, like burping up bile. The fun aspect has been destroyed and everything about the game serves as a reminder of how the game has been destroyed.
making my point, if you only target 4200-5400 points as a maximum you want to do, you'll be fine and the new format is beneficial to you.
if you target (much) more then that, you start to feel the negative effect of progress.

Enevhar Aldarion

making my point, if you only target 4200-5400 points as a maximum you want to do, you'll be fine and the new format is beneficial to you.
if you target (much) more then that, you start to feel the negative effect of progress.

And this seems to be exactly what Inno wanted to do with these changes. They do not want anyone to be easily going over 5000 points. So I seriously doubt any complaints about that will change their minds on anything. Maybe if the top players were only scoring in the 3-4k range, they might look at it again.

As for the next FA, in the past, dataminers have said that start dates are generally in there to be found once an event has been added to the game data, and none of them have said anything about the next start date, I am starting to think we will not get one before the next event starts. So because events start two weeks earlier on Beta than on Live, we are rapidly running out of time to have one.

CrazyWizard

And this seems to be exactly what Inno wanted to do with these changes. They do not want anyone to be easily going over 5000 points. So I seriously doubt any complaints about that will change their minds on anything. Maybe if the top players were only scoring in the 3-4k range, they might look at it again.

As for the next FA, in the past, dataminers have said that start dates are generally in there to be found once an event has been added to the game data, and none of them have said anything about the next start date, I am starting to think we will not get one before the next event starts. So because events start two weeks earlier on Beta than on Live, we are rapidly running out of time to have one.

they could add and start a BSA in like minutes id they want to.
it's adding a single line of code to activate it, and most likely also a single line for the prizes.

so it could start tomorrow on beta if they want to.
On live worlds it takes 14 days to propagate to live. thursday is the comming update, which should by now be finalised (strange times due to the weeks HQ was closed for the holidays) so i'll guess they could start one thursday 2 weeks from now?

i'll guess that would be the timeline,
Also it might be wise to check up the data in the comming update on live to see if they have hidden a challenge or so to overcome the time of "nothing" something that we might not see on beta but might see on live.

it's one of the more interesting updates in that regard.

Pauly7

I fear this is going over old ground, but the issue with this is not how difficult it is to make higher scores, it's that any progress diminishes your ability further. This should never have been allowed into the equation, but I think the devs are burying their heads in the sand on that issue.

CrazyWizard

I fear this is going over old ground, but the issue with this is not how difficult it is to make higher scores, it's that any progress diminishes your ability further. This should never have been allowed into the equation, but I think the devs are burying their heads in the sand on that issue.
untill it falls below the 3-5K barrier and "normal" players start to complain as well. but i'll assume we are still a few chapters away from that.

First the real riots need to start, then it will take another 9-18 months to implement some proper changes.
Just look at how long the SS research survived :S

edeba

Yes, I was confirming that my progression really hit high end game performance staggeringly hard. And then they nerfed the wholesaler, which would have been nice to know before doing the chapter.

Enevhar Aldarion

I think we are now too close to the start of the next event to have another FA before the event starts. Last year we had the Elvarian Carnival start on Jan 21 on Beta, so if Inno sticks to the same release schedule, there will not be time. Someone posted on another forum there is a rumor of a Jan 19 start for the FA, but that date info could easily be the start date of the next event instead.

Pauly7

I think we are now too close to the start of the next event to have another FA before the event starts. Last year we had the Elvarian Carnival start on Jan 21 on Beta, so if Inno sticks to the same release schedule, there will not be time. Someone posted on another forum there is a rumor of a Jan 19 start for the FA, but that date info could easily be the start date of the next event instead.
And yet I've now heard several people say that the FA is scheduled before the next event.

slide

The notice just popped up ingame - starts Tuesday 12th January... I just can't wait because I love it so much! </end sarcasm>