• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Additional uses for Blueprint?

• Thread starter DeletedUser1992
  • Start date

DeletedUser1596

did you just mean you get it 95% of the time?
Yes, I did. :)

Have you seen the difference between a max house and a magical house? now thats a big gap.
That is absolutely right, but there is one big difference: they paid for it. People, who buy premium buildings making this game possible, deserve that. You know how it works: strong premium buildings make people buy diamonds. More diamonds > more development > more features > more players > more diamonds ... It's a *win* for everyone. Giving premium (event) buildings for free at this rate will discourage people from buying them.

Deleted User - 60107

No, it won't. People will buy premium buildings anyway, for various reasons (such as looks, or different footprint that better fits one's city). Example: Forge of Empires. Some event buildings are better than Premium ones (or at least very close to Premium ones) and people still spend Diamonds on Premium stuff. Keep in mind that in FoE you have two items that allow you to upgrade event buildings: One increases the Age of the building by one, the other increases the Age of the building to your current Age, no matter what the previous age was.

FoA's Ages are the equivalent of Elvenar's Chapters, in case anyone's wondering.

DeletedUser607

a suggestion for the blueprints:

currently, these fight-booster buildings lose their effect after 5 days. people consider that a bit... useless.

so the suggestion is: these buildings don't have 1 charge, but 3 charges. means, you can go into the buildings, and activate it when necessary. and they can be recharged with blueprints (1BP = 3 new charges).

I could imagine a second way: 128 polish = 1 charge. it should be really expensive.
and a third way, with diamonds.

SoggyShorts

Is there a correlation between timezone and consistency of blueprint achievement?
Yes, there very much is, or at least there should be.
In the US the tournament starts while many players are at work, and in Europe it is after dinner, so that's a half day gone for many in NA.
There was a thread on this months ago that I can't find ATM, but when looking at example schedules we found that Europeans need to log in one extra time during "work hours" to do 6 rounds, and those in NA need to either wake up or go to bed 1h off schedule.
My US FS each have maybe 1 or 2 players who do the 6th round, and on Beta we have a few more who I believe have English as a second language so my guess is another timezone.

DeletedUser1767

Yes, there very much is, or at least there should be.
In the US the tournament starts while many players are at work, and in Europe it is after dinner, so that's a half day gone for many in NA.
There was a thread on this months ago that I can't find ATM, but when looking at example schedules we found that Europeans need to log in one extra time during "work hours" to do 6 rounds, and those in NA need to either wake up or go to bed 1h off schedule.
My US FS each have maybe 1 or 2 players who do the 6th round, and on Beta we have a few more who I believe have English as a second language so my guess is another timezone.
That's consistent with my hypothesis. I'd be really curious to see the data for tournament success by FS plotted against server timezone.

Heymrdiedier

I for one wouldnt be waking up in the middle of the night to get a blueprint i might never be able to use anyway :)

those 16 hour timers are too high, and we've asked many times to lower it. But its not happening ;( (and yes i know it allready went down from the impossible 20h to 16h)

DeletedUser1657

Allowing for work between 8am and 6pm and sleep between 10pm and 6am it leaves the timezone of GMT -6 to GMT +3 with the best chance as they can get 6 attempts in without playing at work or disrupting sleep. GMT -11, -12 and +12 also have a shot.

GMT -10 to -7 are really at a big disadvantage
GMT +4 to +11 are also at a disadvantage unless they get up at 5am on the first day and get round 2 at 9pm the same day then it becomes quite good for them too.

In picture form based on those assumptions it looks like this. GMT/UTC timezones
Tourname_timezones.png

You still need to also have a personal life that suits and be an early or later riser in the right timezone otherwise your still messed up as you move away from the ideal time zones

So one would expect blueprints to be more achievable if a server is in the ideal time zones.

Jixel

I'm in GMT+10 or 11 (depending on DST or not), and I've never done 6 rounds of the tournament, and 5 rounds only twice ever.
Yes, the timing of the tournament puts some of us at a severe disadvantage.

Deleted User - 60152

I'm in Colorado - GMT +6 - the tourney starts at noon here on the first day. I've managed to do 6 rounds frequently (when I'm lucky enough to catch the first day on my lunch hour and have an internet connection. However, I typically plan on only doing 5 rounds - just in case.

DeletedUser2003

Hey there @WolfSinger I think you might have your time zone confused...in Colorado you would be GMT -6 (minus). GMT +6 would put you far east of the Time Line, like Kazakhstan and Sri Lanka :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1665

I would also say that many FS that get a BP every week have a lot of players at the end of the tech tree meaning their event prizes are currently halfling level already

I'm quoting Soggy to bring attention to the following. 11 of our 25 fellowship members have been finished with Halflings for quite awhile now and a few more are on their way to finishing Halflings. That is almost 50% of our fellowship waiting for the next chapter and this is just 1 fellowship on the sever. If you look around there are people in fellowships that have or are about to finish Halflings as far back as the bottom of page 3 of the fellowship listings (I did not look further down in my research).

On live I'm in a fellowship that has never failed to get the 10th chest for month's now. So Blueprints are stacking up for both the Diamond and Non-Diamond players alike in my fellowship. Bottom line is they were made intentionally to upgrade Magic Buildings for Diamond players. When the next chapter is released you can bet all the Diamond players will have a field day re-designing their cities to fit the next level Magic Buildings (since we are due for a direction change on layout). Everyone else is pretty much left in the dust no matter if the developers don't come up with a new use at this point.

Anyway my point is with Blueprints stacking up I think the Blueprints should just do just 1 thing,upgrade any workshop or residence for any and everyone. That and we need a new chapter not a new event.