• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Additional uses for Blueprint?

• Thread starter DeletedUser1992
  • Start date

DeletedUser1992

Any thoughts on when we might finally get more uses for the Blueprint? I have a bunch sitting around someplace in my city, although I have no idea how many because I have 0 magic buildings.... Would be nice to finally get a chance to use them, instead of being a useless reward for me ;)

DeletedUser607

I have a similar situation on a german server.

I currently have 3 magic residencies, with diamonds to get 2 more.

but our FS is now strong enough to get one per week. so it's just a matter of time that they'll start stockpiling.

so, what will be the use for blueprints?

Heymrdiedier

im glad im not the only one asking.
Ive asked in the elvenar QA session on march 2 (10 min)
All that was said there it will take some more time, but there will be a functionality that is usefull for everyone, and we WILL want those blueprints.

7 months later i dont know if it still takes some more time or if theres another reason it hasnt happened yet.

SoggyShorts

All that was said there it will take some more time, but there will be a functionality that is usefull for everyone, and we WILL want those blueprints.
Actually he said ".......We are about to change that....it will take some time."
I had no idea that when you are "about to" do something that you can wait more than half a year to do it.
"What's that? Take the garbage out? Sure, I'm just about to go do that." My wife is going to be so happy about this.:)

DeletedUser607

Actually he said ".......We are about to change that....it will take some time."
I had no idea that when you are "about to" do something that you can wait more than half a year to do it.
"What's that? Take the garbage out? Sure, I'm just about to go do that." My wife is going to be so happy about this.:)

true, but depending on where you live, you'll have some happy raccoons or hamsters ;-)

DeletedUser1777

As Timon said in the latest Q&A, the BP are not a big issue in forum and we need to ask for more purpose frequently to get a higher priority:

I would love to see it in my inventory!
I would love to use my first hard earned BP!

It's time to fulfill the promise you gave us months ago :p

Heymrdiedier

As Timon said in the latest Q&A, the BP are not a big issue in forum and we need to ask for more purpose frequently to get a higher priority:

I would love to see it in my inventory!
I would love to use my first hard earned BP!

It's time to fulfill the promise you gave us months ago :p
years ago?

yes i want the new blueprints use aswell. I got too many of them now and cant even see how much.

DeletedUser

Me also. I've got 28 blueprints on live server waiting to be used ! :mad:

SoggyShorts

I really didn't understand Timon's response. What does the frequency of asking matter?
"Hey we all really want this!"
-"Sorry, you only asked 59 times, the magic number is 60"

If I hadn't lost internet connection right after I asked, I would have spammed that chat 100x with the same question since apparently that's a good thing.....
If I'm online for the next one it's going to be
"Blueprints use for free players please (you told us to ask more frequently)"
Ctrl-C
Ctrl-V
Enter
as fast as I can for 30 minutes.

DeletedUser1250

Well, if we have to ask more, then here it is: when is the blueprint going to be useful for players who don't have magical residences or magical workshops? It has been said long ago we would get something useful to do with it, but there is still nothing.
I have blueprints, but I don't know how much because I can't see it, so when is that going to change? I would like to see how many I have.

CrazyWizard

im glad im not the only one asking.
Ive asked in the elvenar QA session on march 2 (10 min)

7 months later i dont know if it still takes some more time or if theres another reason it hasnt happened yet.

Listening to it, it's a whole lot of rubbish

Q: Is there any new special event on the horizon?
A: Yes, always, serriously, we have done some special events last year, and any of them was hit with very positive feedback from the community. So we think you love them. and if we are wrong please tell us. Our impression so far is we should't overdo it, but we should have those events frequently

That last sentence is a bit weird, we do have them frequently, and yeas they overdo it. one has finished and the other is already there again. there is almost no breathing space in between the events.

alsways nice to hear that stuff back

brw the blueprint questin and answer is around 32+ min left on the clock untill 30 min left.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1767

I guess if they think we're not asking enough, it's time to adopt Cato's strategy. *stretches shoulders*

If anyone has a better translation for "non-premium blueprints" than tabulas gratuitas, please let me know...

ekarat

I really didn't understand Timon's response. What does the frequency of asking matter?
"Hey we all really want this!"
-"Sorry, you only asked 59 times, the magic number is 60"

If I hadn't lost internet connection right after I asked, I would have spammed that chat 100x with the same question since apparently that's a good thing.....
If I'm online for the next one it's going to be
"Blueprints use for free players please (you told us to ask more frequently)"
Ctrl-C
Ctrl-V
Enter
as fast as I can for 30 minutes.

I work in the game industry. Yes, it matters.

It's hard to tell if a feature is desired by 500 people or just 5 very loud people.

The number of *different* people asking matters.

DeletedUser1777

Can we count you in for: I want an additional use for Blueprints? ;)

You just said it, it has to be from diffrent peolpe, and you didn't vote^^

SoggyShorts

I work in the game industry. Yes, it matters.
It's hard to tell if a feature is desired by 500 people or just 5 very loud people.
In this case I would have to say it really shouldn't matter.
  1. Blueprints are a prize that can be won.
  2. Blueprints are 100% useless for players that don't have magic buildings.
  3. The developers have already said they have heard our feedback and will implement another use for blueprints.
From points 1&2 above you can easily deduce that players without magic buildings would like the prize they earned to not be useless. That's pretty obvious. What other possibility is there? Maybe some players with blueprints they can't use are happy about it?o_O
From point 3, Once the devs say "Oh yeah, good idea, we'll do that" why would another player who saw that exchange also ask?

If someone at your table says to the waiter "Everyone who didn't order a beer is thirsty, can we please have some water?" Does everyone at the table who doesn't have a beer need to repeat the request? Unless your waiter is a total moron that shouldn't be necessary. In fact, a decent waiter would have assumed that everyone without a drink would like a drink.

Last edited:

Sir Squirrel

Yes I want another use for blue prints that the game dev's already promised when they first came out. I also want to be able to hold more then 10 broken shards, which was promised when they came out in tourney's as prizes. I don't think we should have to beg for features they have already promised to implement, BS if you ask me.

ekarat

In this case I would have to say it really shouldn't matter.
  1. Blueprints are a prize that can be won.
  2. Blueprints are 100% useless for players that don't have magic buildings.
  3. The developers have already said they have heard our feedback and will implement another use for blueprints.
From points 1&2 above you can easily deduce that players without magic buildings would like the prize they earned to not be useless. That's pretty obvious. What other possibility is there? Maybe some players with blueprints they can't use are happy about it?o_O
From point 3, Once the devs say "Oh yeah, good idea, we'll do that" why would another player who saw that exchange also ask?

If someone at your table says to the waiter "Everyone who didn't order a beer is thirsty, can we please have some water?" Does everyone at the table who doesn't have a beer need to repeat the request? Unless your waiter is a total moron that shouldn't be necessary. In fact, a decent waiter would have assumed that everyone without a drink would like a drink.

Think of it this way:

Suppose I'm responsible for fixing the roads on a long-term contract. The town has 12 potholes, but I can only fix 6 this month. Ideally, I want to fix all the potholes, but it takes time, and I can only do so much in a given amount of time. I can eventually fix all of them, but not right away.

So, I need to figure out which of the 6 potholes I'm going to fix. Which ones do I fix? The ones that affect the most people. But I can only figure that out by how many people complain. So, I'm going to fix the potholes that the most different people complain about first.

SoggyShorts

Suppose I'm responsible for fixing the roads on a long-term contract. The town has 12 potholes, but I can only fix 6 this month. Ideally, I want to fix all the potholes, but it takes time, and I can only do so much in a given amount of time. I can eventually fix all of them, but not right away.

So, I need to figure out which of the 6 potholes I'm going to fix. Which ones do I fix? The ones that affect the most people. But I can only figure that out by how many people complain. So, I'm going to fix the potholes that the most different people complain about first.
Now imagine in your scenario if you could look into a crystal ball and see exactly how many times each pothole is hit by a car every single day, all laid out for you in a nice little spreadsheet. Would you still need to even talk to the drivers to make a decision?

Inno can see who has blueprints
Inno can see who doesn't have magic buildings
Inno can assume anyone who has a blueprint but has no magic building wants to use that blueprint.

It's that simple. If that information isn't enough for them to make it a priority for their limited dev team, that's fine. Asking us to complain more often about something they said they were working on is dumb.

Using complaints as a survey system is very inefficient. Why not make an official poll on the forums with a link to it in a pop-up when you log in? Ask what players want most.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1901

What are people's thoughts on: turn in X Blueprints to change 1 Non-Magical Residence or Workshop into a Magical Residence or Workshop? The X could be some diamond equivalent for the difference the diamond value of a Blueprint (1 magic building upgrade diamond cost) has compared to the initial cost of the magic building or some such.