• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

About "Reminder for bugs or exploit usage!"

Prueba2

Dear Humans and Elves,

We would like to remind you that:
  • It is prohibited to exploit bugs or faults in the games' programming and during gameplay that could represent an advantage for you or for other players.
  • Each player is required to report any bug immediately to the Support team.
  • Benefits derived from exploiting bugs may need to be reimbursed.
Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

In order for us, Players, to report a bug/exploit, we would need to know how features are supposed to "work" (or how Devs designed them to be used) otherwise we cannot identify them as bug/exploits.
Right now, we have enough burden trying to guess what the heck is going on...

Best regards

Last edited:

blackthornraven

It’s honestly terrible in Beta now. We’re here to experience new features before live servers, discuss them and help with bug reporting….BUT the way we’ve been ignored or talked down to lately by the mods and community has pushed most players away (seems the only thing we are welcome to do here now is post numbers (that mods exploit when players are asleep), and fyi, most players don’t like to see that…notice how only a handful are keeping that going…and the rest of us don’t bother checking this forum very often anymore. What’s the point? So some mod or one of their loyal players can defend this downfall? No thanks.)
This announcement needed more clarity since most don’t know what it’s talking about.
Thanks once again to Karvest for the explanation!! :)
(No disrespect to those who are participating in the counting game. I get that it’s a way to engage with the community. My point was about how we aren’t really welcome or are instead ignored doing anything else here. :))

Last edited:

Deadeye Jerry

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
The Game Rules are the same for everyone, and yes it was meant for the issue from yesterday. You can visit our Wiki as it is designed to help and guide you through your gaming experience as well as provide detailed information about the game mechanics and stats.

Since I became a community manager, there were many posts that were on the fence to get punished on the forum and many did deserve that but so far not a single player has been punished. I do read everything on the forum and there are many posts about the feedback not being forwarded but as I always said, you can always start a message with me, you can open a ticket and can share feedback there as well or if you want you can even ask for the ticket to be reassigned to me, there are many options to forward feedback.

Also yes this is a beta environment and we have bugs or other issues more often than the live servers but when someone is exploiting some features we all know when they are doing it purposely or they discovered it by accident.

Lelanya

Boy do I ever feel blessed that I spent most of my game time on live realms yesterday. Our swap threads were pretty quiet due to vacations and other summertime activities.
I did skim some bug threads but sure don't remember seeing any 'steps to exploit a bug', if so, I ended up back on the counting thread.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
To add to what Deadeye Jerry has said above, we may not say it often, but your feedback is welcome and appreciated. We do forward your feedback from the forum too, not just from tickets.
We would also love to be able to keep you better informed, and we strive to do so, but the simple truth is, we cannot tell you things which we have not been informed about ourselves.

The primary purpose of a Beta server is to find bugs in the new content, so that they may be fixed before live. We appreciate all your efforts to report these bugs, and it is unfortunate that lately so many have managed to get through to live. Hopefully this can be improved in the future.

Konys

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
In addition to what has already been said, please keep in mind that browser code is old, and every new version can have a "butterfly effect"; this is beta purpose: find most of the bugs before live release, and that's why we need you, to help discover (casually or not) them and not to take advantage of them.
This always existed, and always will be.
On a side note: yes, that exploit has been posted here in beta forum not once but twice, even wishing good luck while some other players were warning to report it as a bug.

Lelanya

To add to what Deadeye Jerry has said above, we may not say it often, but your feedback is welcome and appreciated. We do forward your feedback from the forum too, not just from tickets.
So you forward our feedback regarding quests that we would appreciate seeing less often but the folks who create them, just don't care. We are not supposed to overscout but every event has several of those quests. We are not supposed to solve too far ahead on the map, but almost every event has at least one, and often 3 to 6, 'Negotiate x province encounters or fight and win x encounters' in them (not to mention that seeds production and Wonders rely on having more). We have asked multiple times to limit 'buy KPs' and 'Trade with the Wholesaler' quests and we get one good event followed by several where this is tossed out the window.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
I don't think the issue is so much whether they care or not, but it's more that staff at head office move around quite a bit, and with new staff members come new directions for Elvenar, which may diverge from what was previously said or agreed. We will always forward feedback where an agreement was made in the past (for example to limit or change certain quests) as the new staff may be unaware of these previous agreements.

Not really wanting to wander off topic here, but what kind of quests would you like to see @Lelanya? (and anyone else with ideas). Perhaps you would be so kind as to start another thread to discuss this?

Mrietha

Now I may be old fashioned - but wouldn't a company have a "book/list" electronic or paper that was titled for example:
Event Quests: Good quests (no reports of problems)
Poor or to be avoided quests (too difficult to complete for everyone, goes against basic game principals, ...)
And require their planners to use it?

This would exist for all events or activities which require updating information.

I would think that we would be able to provide such a list if Inno does not have one.

FaunaWillow

*deep breaths*
Dear Elvenar Team, No one is disputing the fact that we are not allowed to exploit bugs. The player who posted whatever they posted yesterday should not have written some explanation instructing others on how to exploit the game. I think we all agree on that. I don't understand some of the mod replies to this thread.

There is a much larger issue here in regards to communications, quality, treatments and resentments. We are not allowed to be 100% honest and open here so I will say the following instead:

We are not being listened to.

INNO staff is not giving us a quality game any longer, with so many bugs and little to no information given about anything that's been going on lately.
We do not need moderator/community management to reply with defensive responses that miss the point of our frustrations. It makes it so much worse when you do this. Maybe it's still not understood why so many are upset.

We are warned that our posts are "on the fence" simply for being honest and giving direct feedback. This makes no sense other than it shows that the Elvenar Team is tired of dealing with our feedback.

We are told that our feedback is forwarded but how do we know if that's true, and if it is true, none of that feedback seems to matter to the INNO staff at all. This has been an ongoing issue forever and much worse in this last year, alone.

Opening tickets and sending direct messages to the Elvenar Team is not productive at this time either. I know it's frustrating for the mods as well. But the way you choose to handle this through the public forum is not helpful or even clear sometimes. I feel like there is a major mix up in communication lately where the Elv Team can miss what is being said entirely.

We still rarely receive clear answers on almost everything asked here now.
-Should we bother sending ideas/feedback or creating bug reports any longer? Are INNO staff still taking new ideas? If so, how does that work now?
-Is there a quality system in place to handle how long bug reports should take to fix? If so, what is that system?
-Why are so many issues not taken seriously here any longer, and marked as cannot reproduce, when clearly, there is an issue happening in some of these reports (whether or not a few moderators can reproduce it or not)?
I already know the general answers we will receive for this last one. Please understand that something needs to change with this QA system as there are more bugs and issues now than before, the testing specs also need to change.
-Are there currently enough INNO staff to handle beta bugs with the recent layoffs of INNO staff and Elvenar Team members leaving? If not, what is being done about that?
-If there is enough staff, why are so many bugs going live and/or why is it taking so long to get to bugs here in Beta?
-Why is feedback regarding event quests/Fellowship Adventures/ Seasons ignored for the most part? The questions are vast and we either get no answers or no productive results to any of it.
staff at head office move around quite a bit, and with new staff members come new directions for Elvenar, which may diverge from what was previously said or agreed.
...and there is the main answer needed. This is a horrible model for a game. This states that there is no reason to send feedback if the "direction" of the game changes so frequently due to staff turnover. Why have anything approved if the new staff don't have to stick with (or even learn about) what was previously said or agreed upon? This is crazy.

Mrietha

Is this some kind of bad taste joke???

EDIT: Have you tried using the Forum "Search" feature?
Hint: focus on Events discussion posts...
Prueba2
I am not disagreeing with you. The Mods & Inno should have an inventory of suggestions generated through the forumposts.
Much like the 'Scrolls of Knowledge"
However when they appear is a variety of threads and there appears that there is no list of them, maybe we can help solve this problem.
I think of it like a desk where every task and idea has its own stickly note, but there is no organization and there are hundreds of sticky notes to look through. Maybe we can help sort those sticky notes.

Will it help? I don't know
But then we are being helpful and can say - how could you miss this!

Verde

Haven't verified it but if this
I reported this bug 8 months ago but nobody cared
is true then doesn't Inno bear some (legal) accountability for allowing the situation to go unresolved for so long, if they try to penalise players or recoup losses?
Just curious.

PrimroseSylvia

wouldn't a company have a "book/list" electronic or paper that was titled for example:
Event Quests: Good quests (no reports of problems)
I'm "old fashioned" too, but linking to your example, it's not true that good quests for event were always good... Do you remember before sentient goods were added to the game, we were used to have "product XX 1 day or 2 days productions"? And then with sentient manufactories, players were able to complete with 3 and 9 hours sentient productions, because the game saw just production position in manu's menu? And do you remember how many time it taked to have these quests deleted from events questline?
Things change, game evolves, and what was good before is not said will be always good. How many times we had the impression that those who create some game new mechanics didn't know how the entire game works? So, I prefer to to be asked what's good or wrong once, twice, every time that is necessary instead of let it go.