• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion A Gateway into the Past 2023

Karvest

Nope, logging in and accepting notification about new event started is enough. + maybe getting first free event currency from daily quest, not sure as I've clicked them both and logged off then got 6 drops on the ground when logged in few hours later.

Mrietha

Thank you!
Just logged on and finally have a couple.
I had completed at least a couple of quests when I wrote, but maybe I was too impatient.

Ibison2

So if iDavis numbers are correct, it seems that the main prize mana numbers for chapters 9 and 10 are messed up

owl76

So if iDavis numbers are correct, it seems that the main prize mana numbers for chapters 9 and 10 are messed up
The numbers on ElvenArchitect make it clearer. When fully evolved in chapter 9 it is 7600 and 6080 mana, so 13680 total. In chapter 11 it is 13400 mana and 2320 seeds.

Dhurrin

As some other players already stated; the board is too small.
Apart from that, I will likely just have to skip this event; I simply do not have the time to sit here to endlessly try to merge stuff to match what I need to match the offers.
Maybe the Dev-team can afford to spend most of their day on this game as it is part of their job, I cannot as it is not part of mine.

The concept of the merging is fine, but it just is too timeconsuming for me to really make the most of it and I absolutely hate doing things half-way, so I rather just skip it entirely.

Oh, and probably this will fall on deaf ears too, but who knows. This has been mentioned before by many players too; please add some more time between events. I am just getting event-weary.

Uffauffa

And NOW it’s official. Celebration!
it‘s a happy anniversary here. Event after event. Time by time, any lesson learned from the past.
(I want to be paid for this perpetual check, even it’s a simple check, like shooting to the red cross, I can do it by default, even without knowing).
Again, there is something wrong with the number of the episodic quests. They are 19 instead of 20, so the last one will be on Sept. 25 while the end is scheduled for almost half of 27, as stated by the game countdown.
And thanks god it’s Friday, anyone will pay the attention that should have been paid before.
Happy anniversary!

Last edited:

Deleted User - 101740

As some other players already stated; the board is too small.
Apart from that, I will likely just have to skip this event; I simply do not have the time to sit here to endlessly try to merge stuff to match what I need to match the offers.
Maybe the Dev-team can afford to spend most of their day on this game as it is part of their job, I cannot as it is not part of mine.

The concept of the merging is fine, but it just is too timeconsuming for me to really make the most of it and I absolutely hate doing things half-way, so I rather just skip it entirely.

Oh, and probably this will fall on deaf ears too, but who knows. This has been mentioned before by many players too; please add some more time between events. I am just getting event-weary.
I agree. Even after ensuring I was well rested and not just a cranky pants I can confirm this event is infuriating.
Normally I'd only make the 3 gem recipes because they proved the most cost effective last time but I noticed they've group the prizes on recipes this time (not sure if they did that last time) so I'm going to end up wasting a lot of time and energy just to get junk I don't want.

Enevhar Aldarion

Again, there is something wrong with the number of the episodic quests. They are 19 instead of 20, so the last one will be on Sept. 25 while the end is scheduled for almost half of 27, as stated by the game countdown.

Yes, if the number of daily quests matched the number of days correctly, I should be on the quest lock right now, but I am not. I am working on quest 55, when I should be at the lock after completing 54. I wonder if they forgot to put the lock in, like they did in one other event, where everyone who went past the lock, had to sit around with no quests until the game caught up to them? @Astram @Deadeye Jerry this needs to be looked into.

PrimroseSylvia

Does anyone know if there are event quests that require us to use Lucky Draws, like in the last merge event? Do we have to hoard them for quests or can we use them as we win them?

No, there aren't
I was thinking for days at your request, because I wasn't able to find where, in past event, a lucky draw was asked to be used.
Then I had an epiphany: it was not in event, but in season! And I'm sorry to tell you that most likely it will be the same request in the next season...

Enevhar Aldarion

@Uffauffa Check the count again. It says 73 quests now, and like you, I am sure it said 72 before, so now the number of days and quests match up. But it is very sad that none of the moderators here could answer either of us or tell us that this was fixed by adding an extra quest.

Ergolas77

54. Produce 10 Advanced Tools
Invest 25 Knowledge Points into any Ancient Wonder - 33
I have a friend who just started playing a new city here in BETA, she is now in the middle of chapter 3. With the new research requirements and the first AW's showing up in chapter 4, this quest is a complete stop for her. As an alternative, why not "Spend 25 Knowledge Points" instead?

She's a veteran Elvenar player and knows her stuff with this game, and yet she's having a very difficult time in this event. Quests like "Produce X CC's" are impossible, no spire access, no magic academy. "Gain X Spell Fragments" is equally difficult, as she does not have much to disenchant (if she even can?). Relics without tournament now, because tournament has to be researched.

Even joining a fellowship has to be researched? Seriously? This is how you drive away new players. Make the game virtually impossible for them at the starting gate.

I am providing this feedback on her behalf as a witness. I have no options to give her.

Attachments

• Screen_Shot_2023-09-16_at_2.00.03_PM.png
    Screen_Shot_2023-09-16_at_2.00.03_PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 63
  • Screen_Shot_2023-09-16_at_2.01.25_PM.png
    Screen_Shot_2023-09-16_at_2.01.25_PM.png
    709.4 KB · Views: 62

Ergolas77

@Ergolas77 in past events, the CMs of the forums have always told us to write to Support from in-game and if we are stuck on an impossible quest, they would complete it for us. That was a while back, though, so the current crew may just say "tough luck" and "advance your city until you unlock what you need".
She did just that and was advanced in response by support. Nevertheless, I still think it should be EASIER for new cities not harder. I don't see what we are accomplishing by requiring research for these
  • Magic Academy / Crafting
  • Fellowships
  • Tourney
  • Spire
Tourney, Fellowships, MA stuff should all be accessible from the beginning. Spire at the beginning of chapter 3 worked fine for me.