• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [9277] Double declinable quest at the same time

• Thread starter DeletedUser1250
  • Start date

DeletedUser1250

Game version: v1.3.3-(5c4a37e) (2016-04-04 14:45)
Game world: Beta
Browser + version: __ Google chrome 49.0.2623.110 m
Flash Player version: __ Adobe flash player 21.0.0.213
Operating System: __ Windows 8.1
Screen resolution: __1920x1080
Account name: __Anne65
Humans or Elves: __Elves

Reproducibility:
5/5 ? not sure yet if it will work for all quests, but it does for steel and our taxes

Current situation:
I have finished the non-declinable quests in the fairy chapter. Research expansion 31 was the last non-declinable quest so far. I have 2 declinable quests now and it is possible to get exactly the same quest twice at the same time. Before the fairy chapter, it was not possible or I never succeeded to get it. For example: I got the quest collect 4000 steel twice at the same time. Exactly the same wordings, exactly the same reward. And right now I have the quest Our taxes twice at the same time. So I can do that quest once, complete them both and get double reward.

Expected situation:
I expected I wouldn't get exactly the same declinable quest twice at the same time, because I never got that before.

Reproduction steps
1. finish the storyline of the fairies. You will get 2 declinable quests.
2. Search for the quest collect 4000 steel, or for the quest our taxes (200 k coins, 2 advanced tools)
3. do nothing with that quest yet, don't decline it, don't complete it
4. decline the other quest you have until you get exactly the same quest as the first one

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi Anne65, thanks for your report! We will check this out and make sure all is as intended. Regarding the quests to gain 4000 Steel, do you recall what the title of those quests was?

DeletedUser1250

Title of steel quest = basic resources
I also succeeded in getting a double scrolls (title = crafted goods) quest.

Edit: when I have a quest like more relics and I decline the other quest until I get the steel quest and I decline it, the steel quest appears immediatedly again. Same for scrolls.

Edit again:

I also succeeded in getting the 16000 supplies quest double. Title = Supplies supply security

Last edited by a moderator:

Preator

I think this might be related to this thread. Since we have most of the quests twice in one set of side quests, it is possible to have the same quest twice at the same time.

DeletedUser1250

I checked that thread, because I had that problem too when the dwarven quests for the elves were still there. I know the order was messed up then and it was indeed possible to get a quest twice before getting the quest I wanted. But there was always one quest that was not declinable at that time and the dwarven quests were not gone due to a bug. They are gone now.

This double quest at the same time occured after finishing the storyline of the fairies and I really never got a double quest at the same time before. It was possible to get quests that were kinda the same, but not exactly the same. For example gain 4 relics and solve 4 encounters. That is not exactly the same. To get twice exactly the same quests at the same time, so I only have to do it once to get double reward, that is really new as far as I know and I think that it is not right.

Preator

I am not saying that it is ok. I just wanted to say that the two issues might be related to each other.
I agree with you, this is not right, that's for sure.

From what we can see it is not a bug (in our system the quests are different: they each have a different ID number), but we do see that this can be confusing. We will double check with our game designers whether or not this is intended and if it maybe needs a change or not. :)

DeletedUser

drats. maybe we should consider a "mum's the word" policy when it comes to beneficial bug?

DeletedUser

I was being light-hearted, Muf-Muf...but if you insist we'll go there. Would I choose 75 cents, or millions of supplies gained while waiting on a bug fix? No contest, especially considering that I'm losing 160 x 11k supplies due to a malfunctioning Quest - which support said couldn't be duplicated.