• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [9101] Troop increases when hit during encounter

DeletedUser1075

Game version: v1.1.6-(f53cbb5) (2016-03-09 10:46)
Game world: Beta
Browser + version: Microsoft Edge 25.10586.0.0
Flash Player version: 20.0.0.272
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 2736 x 1824
Account name: Grace
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5 (originally 1, then figured out logic. It happens consistently now.)

Quest title: N/A

Current situation:
Every so often, a squad (of mine) gets hit during an encounter and instead of losing some troops, it gains exactly one troop. I'm not entirely clear on how to replicate since this happens infrequently, but I have noticed that it seems to happen when the enemy hit would be expected to create very low or no losses. Maybe it's a rounding error from the casualty calculations? I have seen it on both treants and sorceresses. See attached pic for proof.

Expected situation:
Either loss or no loss, but definitely no gain!

Reproduction Steps
Start an encounter in a crystal province (in this example)
2. Smack the war dogs with a Treant before they can smack you
3. War dogs single allowed return volley to an unscathed squad will result in an increase of 1 troop in the squad.

This does not happen when war dogs attack during their half of the round. It doesn't happen when their return volley is hitting a squad that has already taken casualties.

This does happen to sorceresses as well. It also can happen with Orcs instead of war dogs.

Attachments

• extra troop.jpg
    extra troop.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 192
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser778

Hmm i have never experienced it so far, maybe it's somehow connected with the monastery? (I don't have one)
At least there was/is already a bug (not sure if it is fixed or not) in the past, which caused treants to lose one of the squad, with only 1 dmg inflicted to them, if the player has a monastery.
This issue sounds like it's now the other way round.

DeletedUser1075

Not sure... I've seen this a few times in the last few months. Can't remember if it pre-dates the monastery or not.

DeletedUser778

Found the other way round bug. It was reported on the german forums. (7893)

DeletedUser1075

Do you think the fix for that issue caused this one?

DeletedUser1075

Happened again.

Crystal province. 2nd encounter. First round? War dog moved first, I moved the Treant to smack him. His return smack gave me an extra Treant. Nice! It's like my Treant is actually a hydra and lopping off a head gives him two. lol.

I've done a few more - I can confirm the following:
1. This almost always seems to happen on a return volley. So when it is the war dogs turn, they bite, but when it is my turn and they are returning fire, their bites turn into Treant multipliers.
2. I do keep the extra Treant. So if I have an extra in the squad and take damage, the damage doesn't count down from 20 but from 21.
3. I think I also take them home if I win.
4. The revival costs for the squads with 21 are very high.
5. The return volley never adds a Treant to a squad that has already taken losses. So I can get to 21 from 20, but never to 19 from 18. And I haven't seen 22 yet.

Like I said, I've seen this with Sorceresses too... probably on return fire then, though I didn't realize at the time.

Attachments

• wolves bite gently.jpg
    wolves bite gently.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 164
  • revival costs.jpg
    revival costs.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 213
  • war dogs increase treants.jpg
    war dogs increase treants.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 162
  • routine - 2 of 3 now.jpg
    routine - 2 of 3 now.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 155
  • two squads bonused.jpg
    two squads bonused.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 152

DeletedUser1075

Updated original post with more detail on how to reproduce this. I was able to reproduce consistently in every encounter where I could force the situation to happen. Sometimes more than once.

DeletedUser1075

:) Good, because I sent some sorceresses out today in a silk province and they came back with a few extra friends.

Diamonds pretty please?

DeletedUser1075

Seems to have been fixed in the last update. Thanks.

DeletedUser1075

NOPE. Not fixed. I just did it in a marble province. Got two extra treants out of it. My squad size is 22, you can see two squads have 23 Treants in them each. Nice.

Attachments

• treant boosted.jpg
    treant boosted.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 167