• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [7019] Error when upgrading residence

• Thread starter DeletedUser1250
  • Start date

DeletedUser1250

I can't find this error on the boards, so I guess it has not been reported yet.

I am using google chrome, hardware acceleration is on. I have an elven city.

When I try to upgrade a residence level 15 to 16, I often get an error. The problem is that the program somehow does not see that the needed space is not available. It should show in red and then it should be possible to move and upgrade, but it goes wrong. When I click on upgrade, it puts my upgrading residence ON the road next to it and then gives an error. I need to log in again of course and then it works as it should. And after a while, maybe the next one or the one after that, it goes wrong again. It only goes wrong with buildings that have the road on their left side.

1. needed space should show in red
Needed space not in red.png

2. I click on upgrade and get an error because it puts the building ON the road. Yu can see the building in the top left corner
Internal error residence.png

3. After logging back in, it is fine.

Space in red.png

DeletedUser867

Interesting. You may have already discovered a workaround BUT, just in case, if you position ANY building such that
  1. it's connected to the roadway system
  2. there's enough room on the lower left and/or lower right, so that the topmost corner doesn't have to move
THEN the building will expand immediately, without asking to be moved. So, as a workaround, you can move the building somewhere convenient, expand it automatically, and then move it back where you want it.

Similarly, once you're in Move Mode, if you click on a footprint square OTHER THAN the topmost corner square, the building will jump a bit to attach to the cursor arrow. If you're shifting an entire row of buildings to the lower left or lower right, in anticipation of an upgrade for example, then you can avoid dragging if you're careful about double-clicking on the appropriate footprint square.

DeletedUser1250

The building must be connected to the road, else I can't upgrade it. So all the buildings with the road on their left, give this error. If I have enough space, then I can only upgrade buildings with the road on their right, but it should be that way.
They don't give the error when I log off and back in, then they ask to move and upgrade, which is what I want and I think it is supposed to ask for move and upgrade. I never had this error before and I have upgraded enough buildings which didn't have enough space at the good side. It always asked for a move and upgrade, so I think this is a bug.

Brummbaer

I have the nearly the same problem: after starting moving a building, it isn't placeable elsewhere (space enough is available).
After reloading the game it works correct.

We have tried reproducing this several times, and we cannot reproduce the behaviour. If you (or someone else) can, could you please post reproduction steps?

DeletedUser1250

This is weird.
1. The residence has the road to the left of it.
2. it doesn't matter if there is enough space to the right or not.
3. Click on upgrade and see if it has enough space. If it shows in red, then check other buildings.
4. If the buildings says 2x4 and doesn't show that in red, click on upgrade. The building will be built on the road and give an error.

I can't make this clearer. I have the problem now that 2 buildings next to each other show a difference. Both have enough space. One will give the error, the other won't.
I suggest you put many residences level 15 with a road to their left and check them all. Some will be ok, other shouldn't

Internal error 1.png

The 2 buildings without coins are the same but show a difference.

Internal error2.png

This is the left one of the 2 buildings. There is enough space tot the right, but the space should show in red, because the building with the road to the left has to be moved first before you can upgrade it. This residence will give the error when you try to upgrade it.

Interneal error 3.png

This is the right one of the 2 without coins and this one is fine.

I really don't know why some residences have the difference and others not. I have a row of 7 without enough space. 3 of them have the 2x4 in black and will give the error, 2 show the space in red and then 2 again will give an error.

So if you have a row with level 15 and road to the left, check them all.
I can't make this any clearer, sorry.

DeletedUser1250

I bet the workshop has the road at the south of the workshop. It happened to me in the dutch server too with a workshop (road at the south of the workshop) and didn't happen here (road at the north of the workshop).
It is the same problem as with the residences. The problem starts when the workshop somehow doesn't see it should move.
In my case on the dutch server there was enough space at the north, but when the road is at the south, the building has to be moved when you want to upgrade it from level 15 to level 16. The space should show in red and you should be able to press the move and build button.
It goes wrong when the workshop shows the needed space in black, you won't get the option move and build, but get the build option instead, the workshop places itself on the road and you get an error. Reload the game and it will work properly.

DeletedUser283

happened to me 2 days ago while upgrading to level 16 a planks manufactory that had the road on its right :
instead of offering to move and upgrade, it just proposed to upgrade, and when upgrade was launched, an internal error popped up;
before the game started to reload, I could clearly see the planks manufactory* that had expanded to the right (3x2 -> 5x2) and was lying across the road; after reload, I was offered to move and upgrade .

*(why in heck did they not just name it a "sawmill", which is the usual name for a factory that produces planks)

Last edited by a moderator: