• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 0.27

DeletedUser338

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you have 6 workshops? And you have quite a few manufactories. Maybe you should delete one or two and replace them with workshops if you want a more balanced city.

DeletedUser651

I didn't have to last week. I didn't have to the week before. I didn't have to last month or the month before. I have been balancing things exactly just fine since February, thank you very much. I have worked my tail off around here being on ALL the time and producing TONS of goods for all my fellows. But yes, I can strip my city apart and toss all my hard work in the TRASH.

I just didn't want to DO that.

And I AM SICK TO DEATH OF THE IMBALANCE OF SOME PEOPLE HAVING FULL NEIGHBORHOODS AND OTHERS HAVING AN EMPTY DESERT!! This is completely unfair. Now that they have stolen any way of getting more coins to balance this out, it means that some people around here are the golden children having the chance to get millions and millions and millions of more coins a week while the rest of us are the red headed step kids destroying our cities so we can exist on crumbs.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser613

I want to know why since the last hot fix, that when you log into your city it has defaulted to zoomed in mode, when I always leave it on the zoomed out mode.
I could foresee the problem with supplies coming so as soon as I had unlocked the dwarven house, I started to convert the level 15 houses to level 16/17 and have done 6/2 respectively so far which has freed up 32 spaces, I know have a level 16 and a level 17 workshop operating and have filled some of the other spaces with more smaller workshops, upgrading one so that it can become a level 15
I know what kitten means when she refers to the missing neighbours - I have 65 empty spaces from a total of 113
However, it is not so much the lack of coins as they are plentiful but the lack of people returning the favour each day - with 75 visits per day, I am lucky if on a good day I receive 8 return visits or 10,560 supplies

DeletedUser338

I have been balancing things exactly just fine since February, thank you very much.
Sure. With 6 workshops and 100 quests a day, I assume? That's not balancing, that's abusing the system. And that's exactly what they're trying to stop. You WILL have to place down more workshops eventually, because you're not playing the game the way you're supposed to.
I'm not saying Workshops can't use a bit of rebalancing, but if you have less workshops than manufactories you should run out of supplies sometime.

DeletedUser651

That's not balancing, that's abusing the system. And that's exactly what they're trying to stop. You WILL have to place down more workshops eventually, because you're not playing the game the way you're supposed to.

Oh ENOUGH of this!!! Seriously. I am not abusing any darn thing. Nor is anyone else who uses the decline button that INNO put in the game. No one was hiding anything or being sneaky or cheating or abusing a flipping thing. We all talked openly about the culture problems (remember when we got a decent amount of culture bonus, when we got the 200% bonuses?). We all talked openly about how SLOW this game is. We all talked openly about the ability to repeat quests. No one was being sneaky. We had a game here that wasn't that much fun, but we all worked on it.

When I played the game the way I was SUPPOSED to, it was a boring paint drying ready to quit thing....as it was with TONS of people. Finally, people found a way to make this game remotely playable. If they want to take that away, I really don't care. I don't own stock in this company. I work here for free. All I do is report. When they said they were taking away the declinable quests, I had 20 people join a facebook group so we could all connect with each other because they were all going to quit if that came to the live servers. When this comes over, it will affect a lot more people than just me. And I know they won't be any happier with it than I am. My only goal in reporting everything I have reported is to make Inno more money, to make the game more enjoyable, and to find a way to keep all the members in my fellowships as happy as they can be. I am not here to be a white nighter.

And don't you DARE ever say that I abused this game. You are abusing thousands of players with that nasty nasty comment. Players who spend a fortune on this game.

DeletedUser

Hello Bobbykitty and Hello Lord ...

First of all I do have gripe with the quests ...I do not think they are balanced at all from any angle you look at it ... some of them are so pathetically bad I don't even like to see them which I decline even if I am not a regular Quest doer .... It was bad before and its become even worse now... It looks like the quests are all changed with the main purpose of stalling the game rather than slowing down the declining of the quests. The other Inno game FOE on which this is based has more or less balanced quests ... Why i say its more or less balanced in that game is becoz the quests both the main and decline able one's (we got 2 over there instead of just one like in this game) moves along with the game play ...there are a set of few different quests that match with the game content till we reach the end of tech-tree or if the players wishes to decline all of them to reach the loop quests ...Once you are end of the tech-tree it starts giving out a few loop quests ... The rewards are also really useful most of the times and thereby forcing players to do those quests both during the game and the loop quests at the end ofthe tech-tree...Here in this game the difference is the loop quests start along with the game content... And most of them are as exactly what they are .. Decline-able at best ... not worthy of completing it with practically useless or not matching rewards ... Another main feature of the other game quests is that they occasionally give out diamonds ... the loops quests are always with hidden rewards which makes players complete them with the hopes of getting some diamonds for themselves ... And some of them actually give out good amount of diamonds... Here in this game there's nothing to look out for ...its the same old game resources ... SO players mainly look only for the quests that fulfill their current resources requirement... And the game designers do not want to give out those resources easy .... making it feel imbalanced for the players ...

Having said that its also possible to play this game without the help of loop quests or neighbors ... We need to change our style of game play with the belief that the loop quests are not there (not asking to but just saying that it is possible)... I have only 5 workshops in my city from the start till now ...only 36 residences ... 2 Tier-3 goods building, 4 tier-2 goods building and 5 tier-1 goods building .....Most of the time I am at full capacity with both the coins and supplies ... All my goods are touching around 200k even after finishing almost half of the new research tree....And I don't think the neighbors situation is that good for me too ...Maybe 3-4 active neighbors who visit me back if i visit them ... I don't normally visit other neighbors ... Just the one's who visit and that too very rarely and thats mainly bcoz i don't have the capacity to accept the coins or supplies if i return back the favor ... The only difference I think is that I am having been playing this game always with the maximum culture bonus... And again that is not dependent on my neighbors or fellowship members... When i started to play this game I understood that that its never going to be possible to have the maximum culture bonus all the time through other's help ... SO i started maintaining it myself ... With maximum culture bonus all the time I have never been short on any of the resources even after having so less buildings in my city ... Of course by having lesser buildings I won't be able to reach at the top of rankings but that has never been my worry ... My city is filled with Culture buildings ...even more than the resources building but thats how I am able to play this game without any shortage ... Not asking everybody to play it similarly ... But just wanted to say that I am able to play the game with neither the help of the quests nor the neighbors / fellowship members... I do take help of a few decline-able quests once in while when my supplies go below a certain level specially when I try to upgrade some of the buildings to the current dwarven style but never needed them for the coins till date ....most of the time my 5 workshops and 36 residences are more than enough for me till now (maybe I might run short of population soon but i think the new culture building which also gives population might solve that problem for me but that issue is for another day )

DeletedUser199

Sure. With 6 workshops and 100 quests a day, I assume? That's not balancing, that's abusing the system. And that's exactly what they're trying to stop. You WILL have to place down more workshops eventually, because you're not playing the game the way you're supposed to.

I knew I was doing many things terribly wrong. I 'm sorry.

Finally I've found someone who knows how Elvenar players are supposed to play.

So please Lord Jirre, tell me ...

... how many workshops and manufactories am I supposed to build
... how many quests am I supposed to do per day
... how many neighbours am I supposed to visit each day
... how many hours per day am I supposed to play
... how many Diamonds am I supposed to buy?

Please tell me, because I don't want to abuse the system.

As you obviously have the best connections to Innogames at your disposal (you know exactly what Inno wants to stop etc.), please tell me if I am supposed not to do the 5 minutes production-cycle in my workshops.
I really fear that would be abusing the system! But maybe you also can tell me if Inno is going to fix that with the next update, when there will be only 24h-production-cycles in all workshops.

I have to admit that at first I thought that Elvenar was a game which offered a variety of choices and activities to every player - and players were free to decide how they wanted to play the game.

I'm sorry. I was wrong.

DeletedUser338

I'm glad you've realized you're wrong @AllanSimonsen. Of course I'm more than willing to tell you how you're supposed to play this game :)
You see, a while ago the devs implemented a limit on how often you could decline quests (I'm not sure if you saw that, you might've missed it. I'm sure you would've realized what the devs were trying to do with that if you would've seen it). This was because the devs think the constant repeating of quests is rather boring and can currently give infinite goods, which of course isn't good for the game :)
Personally, I think you should have about as many fully-build Workshops as you have manufactories, they should pretty much cancel each other out.
Now I'm not saying you shouldn't do any more quests of course, they are still an important part of the game! And right now the devs are still working on balancing them, which means you can do as many as you want. But if you want to prepare for the future and actually be able to play this game when they fix the repeatable quests, you should work on getting a steady amount of supplies from workshops alone. Personally, I think you should be able to get around with just one circle of quests a day, but that's just my opinion of course ;)
Well, when it comes to neighbors you should visit... that completely depends on you and your neighbors! Good news there, eh? :D If you don't need gold and your neighbors aren't very effective, I don't think visiting them is very useful. Make sure to visit your Fellows though. They always appreciate seeing you around!
And how many hours should you play? Well, make sure not to play too much. After all, if you play more hours than you should, you might not be able to get other things done or you might lose out of doing fun activities with friends :(
The same thing kind of goes for buying diamonds. If you buy more than you earn, you are going to be in trouble real soon! And we don't want that of course. That's no good!

If you have any more questions, I will be more than happy to answer them for you. I'm always happy to help :)
Your friendly neighbor and fellow player,
Lord Jirre

DeletedUser199

Sorry Lord Jirre that I am bit disappointed about your answer.

First you say that Bobbykitty and me are not playing the game as we are supposed to.
But then you don't tell me which actually is the way players are supposed to play the game. Your only giving your personal opinions and don´t give any concrete answers. Or is it that your opinions are the way this game has to be played?

I am sure you are not playing the game too much and probably soon I won`t be able to do that either.
Because there is allmost nothing to do in the game - besides the repeatable quests (and doing those in your opinion is an abuse).

Those who are against the use of the repeatable quests very much remind me of the lazy neighbour.

The lazy neighbour lies all year long in his hammock and watches his neighbour working in the garden. When autumn comes and it is time to harvest, he notices that his neighbours fruits are much bigger than his own. "That is unfair", he complains, "it should be forbidden to work in one's garden!"

DeletedUser338

I'm not complaining about it being unfair. I don't care about you being better or me being worse. I don't play the game with ranking in mind.
And I did tell you why you're playing the game wrong; because eventually repeatable quests will no longer be possible to do like you're doing them now. The first changes have been made and you're already complaining! But then I say it's your fault instead of that of the quests and suddenly I'm the bad guy? No thanks mate. If you can't accept that you're doing some things wrong and can't accept the options I give you simply because you call them "my opinions" (they are, but they're pretty factual opinions. I mean, I could also tell you to sell your house and buy diamonds instead, which would also be a way to play the game, but a rather silly one), then I'm afraid no one can help you. I mean, well, the devs could by undoing this patch, but I'm pretty sure they ain't gonna do that.

edit by Goryn. Mind your language please, thank you :)

DeletedUser651

Of course by having lesser buildings I won't be able to reach at the top of rankings but that has never been my worry

I don't play the game with ranking in mind.

That is just fine that neither of you play with rankings in mind. But some people do. A lot of people do. For a lot of players, that is their main goal and they have the most fun with that challenge. I suspect, that is why Inno put a rankings feature in. I would also suspect that is a main reason why some people spend money on this game. Because they want to get ahead of the next player....they are like trained runners in a race...working very hard so that they can excel.

Why do I get so frustrated when these things happen? Sure, I care for me, but it is easy for me to quit. I am not just fighting for me, I fight for those that don't have a voice over here.

What do you think is going to happen to Inno when people who have paid a lot of money in this game, people who would have paid more, suddenly find the game they have paying for has completely changed? The game they like, the game they have worked so hard for, has just told them they are worthless and they should jump off a short pier if they don't play the game another way. Obviously, they could have played it that way from the beginning, but they didn't pay for that game. They paid for the game with lots of declinable quests.

I simply LOVE what Allan said about those that like to play leisurely getting the benefits of those that are on here all the time. In my fellowships we all help each other. Those of us on all the time make things to help others along ....we give them our goods for cheap so they can play and enjoy this place....goods me made because we don't have only a couple of factories. Because of that, my fellowships have much lower turnovers than others. We KEEP the players here.

(Not to mention you NEED a whole lot of goods as you progress because fighting is simply worthless and impossible. Oh, you can win a few types of battles, but most of them are a joke. )

Regarding the things Allan was trying to say, I sure don't think you understood them Lord Jirre. This game doesn't have ONE way to play....if it did it wouldn't be a game.

And um....regarding the "abuses" of the system.....I was on yesterday and the day before trying to get my coins and supplies back up to max in my US world. They had gotten low because I have had a medical emergency in my family for the past 2 weeks and have not been able to play much....as a result I hadn't done any quests and all my coins and supplies ran out. I was on here for 12 hours for the past two days each getting all my coins and supplies back. That sure as hell isn't an easy thing to do. While I was here, I spoke to tons of players, we all worked on our cities and a good time was had by all. If you destroy the game we all play, then you get ghost towns where people come here for 4 mins....click on something and go find an actual game to play elsewhere.

I make my comments with the players who spend money in mind and how to keep them happy. I don't believe chastising customers is a good idea. Nor do I think it is a wise to sell people one thing and then give them something else.

DeletedUser651

If you can't accept that you're doing some things wrong and can't accept the options I give you simply because you call them "my opinions" (they are, but they're pretty factual opinions. I mean, I could also tell you to sell your house and buy diamonds instead, which would also be a way to play the game, but a rather silly one), then I'm afraid no one can help you.

Maybe you don't know this, but I do. Until a many of us found the quest system and started declining them so the game could go faster, we were all ready to quit because the game was so slow. As new players come up in the different worlds on the US forum, they too start getting bored and are ready to quit until they found the quest system. I am involved tangentially or directly in 6 different fellowships. There is some overlap of players, but that is basically over 125 different people. 90% rely their game on the quest system. They have found a way to make this game playable. Inno can essentially take that away if it wants, but it does so at its own peril. If you can't accept that, then I am afraid you don't understand the gaming business. A game with few players will not succeed.

(forgive the double post, but I couldn't add a quote to an edit and the other one was too long anyway).

DeletedUser1398

the zoom-in effect actually started when you introduced the ruin-deco to the game. today they were introduce to the main servers and now all my cities (US and German server) are zoomed-in when I load a city. It's annoying

DeletedUser1388

Um, I feel strange when I hear "the way Elvenar is supposed to play"... today the devs of the majority of games are seriously struggling, to allow players a diversity of play-styles... here the tendency is to uniform all players and all play-styles :(
We had a very bad quest system, without any conception... This system - instead of rework - was and is under continuous update with only one scope: how to force players in a one direction passage. Nothing about to be interesting, capturing, pseudo-randomness, etc... Some of them are so bad, better take them out. And this is not about I don't like the game; the devs have done a great job, but I think the business focus didn't allow enough time to design a well-thought quest system (even with the experience from other Inno games), the necessity to bring the game to the market quickly now show the drawbacks.

DeletedUser118

I have a problem with upgrading my workshops. Today was the first time I wanted to upgrade one of my workshops from Level 15 to 16. I waited till it was done with producing supplies, opened the window and clicked onto the Upgrade button. So far so good.

Then something strange happened. Instead of me being able to move the building around, which I have to as its increasing in size, I wasn't able to do so. The enlarged building moved on its own and was placed right ontop of the path infront of it, causing the game to crash and giving me an error message.

After a reload the building was back to normal but I had to move it elsewhere to be able to upgrade it since you cannot upgrade buildings which are not connected to streets. This was very strange and I was lucky to have enough room left to move it.

DeletedUser778

I have a problem with upgrading my workshops. Today was the first time I wanted to upgrade one of my workshops from Level 15 to 16. I waited till it was done with producing supplies, opened the window and clicked onto the Upgrade button. So far so good.

Then something strange happened. Instead of me being able to move the building around, which I have to as its increasing in size, I wasn't able to do so. The enlarged building moved on its own and was placed right ontop of the path infront of it, causing the game to crash and giving me an error message.

After a reload the building was back to normal but I had to move it elsewhere to be able to upgrade it since you cannot upgrade buildings which are not connected to streets. This was very strange and I was lucky to have enough room left to move it.

Sounds familiar:
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/7019-error-when-upgrading-residence.3481/