• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [5273] green background after visiting players

• Thread starter DeletedUser1247
  • Start date

DeletedUser1247

go to world map click on player city buildings don't load.... click on world icon it wont go to map but back to same city that wont load refreshed cleared cache same thing

DeletedUser1247

reloaded game went back home then clicked world map icon still takes me to same city that wont load buildings

DeletedUser628

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you see buildings in any other player city? Is it just a specific city that shows no buildings? If that is so, can you please let us know the player's name. Thanks!

DeletedUser1247

after i refresh/reload i can sometimes get world map click on a city it may load or may not i go to next city it wont load and i get stuck as i am now at home but when i click world map i go to empty city

DeletedUser628

Can you please load the game using a different browser and attempt the same there. I am unable to reproduce your issue, it could help if you fill in this info as well:

Browser + version: __
Flash Player version: __
Operating System: __
Screen resolution: __

DeletedUser118

I have the same problem using Firefox 38.0.5.

You can enter one city but after you go back to the map and try to enter another, the city stays empty. You also cannot leave that city again cuz when you try to go back to world map, you end up in the same city. Same goes if you go back to your place and then want to enter the world map again.

Only refreshing the game helps to get everything back to normal.

OP is Win7 and Flash is 17-0-0-188

Game version is 0.18.13915-409de16-(master) and todays date

DeletedUser

Im getting the same thing using firefox newest version.

The first city i go to loads fine, the second all i see is grassland and no buildings. Returning to world map then back to that town, all i still get is the grassland. Returning to my town then back to world map takes me to the town that wont load NOT to the world map.

Refreshing the browser will load that city but it repeats for the next (so to do my neighbourhood id have to refresh after every visit).

Browser + version: Firefox 38.0.5
Flash Player version: 17.0.0.188 Will update and post back if it fixes it as i see thier up to 18 now
Operating System: Windows vista 64 Home Premium service pack 2
Screen resolution: 1768x992

Updated to flash version 18,0,0,160 no change

Edit: Cleared both flash caches, no change

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

same here

Browser + version: __Chrome 43.0.2357.81 m
Flash Player version: __17,0,0,188
Operating System: __Win 8.1
Screen resolution: __1600x900

DeletedUser628

Thank you! Can sort of reproduce this now, but it's still random. Happened after a 3rd and 4th player visit. So, partial reproduction steps:

1. Open world map
2. Visit a player's city
3. Go back to world map
4. Visit another player's city
--- Keep repeating the above steps till you come across a green background with no buildings shown.
5. Attempt to return to world map doesn't work. The player avatar/info disappears but all you see is still the green background. You -can- return to your city but even from there you still cannot access the world map till you refresh the game.

@Katzenprinz I do not see any issue with the game loading.

DeletedUser118

It crashed a moment ago and wouldn't let me back into the game for a few mins, but now its back and fine again. No idea what went wrong though.

Marindor

Thanks again for reporting this guys, we strive to have these issues resolved as soon as possible. Thanks to a player who gave us this tip, there seems to be a temporary workaround:

After visiting a neighbour city, first return to home city first, THEN reload the world map, then a new neighbour city. Of course it's not an ideal solution and it takes longer than usual, but for now this might work for you as well, until our development team has been able to fix it properly!

DeletedUser

Thanks again for reporting this guys, we strive to have these issues resolved as soon as possible. Thanks to a player who gave us this tip, there seems to be a temporary workaround:

After visiting a neighbour city, first return to home city first, THEN reload the world map, then a new neighbour city. Of course it's not an ideal solution and it takes longer than usual, but for now this might work for you as well, until our development team has been able to fix it properly!

As per my post this does not work for me. After returning to my town then back to the world map, i go directly to the town that wont load NOT the world map. Refreshing is the only solution for me to fix it so i can visit 1 more town before it happens again.

DeletedUser800

As per my post this does not work for me. After returning to my town then back to the world map, i go directly to the town that wont load NOT the world map. Refreshing is the only solution for me to fix it so i can visit 1 more town before it happens again.

Workaround works:
1. load game
2. world map
3. visit neighbor
4. GO BACK TO YOU CITY // EDIT: the button is called "return home" //
5. world map
6. visit neighbor
7. GO BACK TO YOU CITY

and so on, and so on....

Edit 2:
It may not work in all cases. For me, just as for Dagar, it does not work. :)

DeletedUser628

Workaround works:
1. load game
2. world map
3. visit neighbor
4. GO BACK TO YOU CITY // EDIT: the button is called "return home" //
5. world map
6. visit neighbor
7. GO BACK TO YOU CITY

and so on, and so on....
It may not work in all cases. For me, just as for Dagar, it does not work. :)

DeletedUser754

I have the same problem. Refreshing the page is a temporary solution. When I try to go to the map I get, sometimes, the same green image.