• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Won't fix [45249] A Gateway into the Past event countdown badge missing in Android app

Skiriki

Game version: 1.182.0-df17fb1-256 (zz1.183)
Game world: Beta 1
Android: 12
Mobile Device: Galaxy Tab S6 SM-T865
Account name: Skiriki
Humans or Elves: Humans
Reproducibility: 5/5 = happens always

Current situation:
A Gateway into the Past-event countdown badge is not visible in main screen of the Elvenar game in the app. It is visible on desktop browser version. Others in my fellowship have reported it being visible in their Android and iOS apps.

Expected situation:
Should be visible in beta game in app version.

Actions taken:
I have emptied cache and data, reloaded, and the badge is still missing. According to Google Play, the app is up to date.

Screen resolution:
2560 x 1600 pixels

Screenshots of the bug:
Browser:
1693918024073.png

Tablet app:
Elvenar_2023-09-05-15-48-26.jpg

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

I am not sure what the issue is then, as in my Android app, it is showing the countdown lock correctly since at least from when I made my first post.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi @Skiriki we were unable to reproduce your issue. Do you see the countdown yet?
Does anyone else still experience this issue?

Correction: Some of our team members did experience this issue, but now see the countdown. Since we can confirm that it did occur, I will set the thread to confirmed, and we will forward it to our development team for further investigation.

Last edited:

Skiriki

Hi @Skiriki we were unable to reproduce your issue. Do you see the countdown yet?
Does anyone else still experience this issue?
The badge is still missing; I checked for updates, closed the app via force, started anew, no change. Last time Karvest had the same issue as I did.

Edit: I wiped data and cache a moment ago, made it reload all; everything is still sans badge.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

That is so weird that some Android users have it showing and some don't, when we are on the same version. I use the US Play Store. Is everyone missing it using one of the European Play Stores?

Verde

On Euro Playstore, Android, and did have the notification showing, so still a mystery as to why some had it and others not.

Skiriki

Well, just like before, the event started without a hassle and now the badge is in its place, showing the number of chips and duration left.

While this is not the most world-crushing thing to happen, it is still nice to be informed about when events start. ;)

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
While this is not the most world-crushing thing to happen, it is still nice to be informed about when events start. ;)
Agreed! We have forwarded this issue to our development team. I am hoping that they will be able to figure out exactly why it's happening for some players but not all, and that will also hopefully enable them to fix it

Deadeye Jerry

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Hey guys who experienced this issue, can you tell me what devices are you using, please? (if someone else had this issue too)

Skiriki

Agreed! We have forwarded this issue to our development team. I am hoping that they will be able to figure out exactly why it's happening for some players but not all, and that will also hopefully enable them to fix it
I'd like to add to this report once this event comes to live, if that's OK with y'all?

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
I'd like to add to this report once this event comes to live, if that's OK with y'all?
If you discover additional information regarding this issue, please do share here, as that could help our development team understand exactly how/why this is happening