• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [44817] Waystops don't show completion checkmark & then they do

Mrietha

Game version: 1.179.1-c52cbaa-256 (zz1.180
Game world: Beta
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Chrome OS
Operating System or Mobile Device: Acer Chromebook Spin 713 - using app
Screen resolution: ?????
Account name: Mrietha
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility:
4/5
(1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: Fellowship Adventure

Current situation: Does not accurately show completed waypoints

Open FA map
Some waypoints checked - some not
Click on those waypoints that are NOT checked
Screen flashes - Waypoints that are unchecked but are completed are now checked
Click on Waypoint that is not completed program behaves appropriately

Leave and come back - Some Waypoints that were checked after flashing are now unchecked
and repeat ....

__

Expected situation:
All completed waypoints are marked when FA map is opened

__
__

Reproduction Steps
1. open FA map
2. click on unchecked, but available, waypoint
3. screen flashes
4. if Waypoint is completed it is now checked
5. applies only to this Waypoint -
6. click on another available Waypoint - if completed screen again flashes
and repeat
7. Leave and come back - Waypoints just "updated" are no longer checked.

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

Screenshots of the bug:
Note the intersection waypoint is now checked

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-20 1.27.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-20 1.27.26 PM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot 2023-07-20 1.28.21 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-20 1.28.21 PM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 44

Alcaro

Same here!!! I don't even know if we completed a waypoint/ multicolored cross point or not!!!!

EDIT: from what I discussed with my fellows, this bug is present, both on App and browser version. I am on PC.

Last edited:

Earwen1

This bug is related to this bug.
According to @Karvest a (full) reset of the FA will be needed. So best to refrain from adding badges to the waypoints as long as this bug is still alive.
Now just hope that @InnoGames will inform us about the process and all that...

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
now the messages have stopped loading in the game too.
Hi @aliceFalling this seems unrelated to the issue reported in this thread. Could you therefore please start a new bug report? Could you also please explain a little more what you mean by 'messages have stopped loading'? It may be related to this other issue under investigation, but we would need more information to determine that

elfbruno36

hy
I've the same bug with linux (firefox current, beta & alpha) and windows (opera gx & mozilla )
and what about the FA ranking see yours lol we've 145k !!!!

aliceFalling

Hi @aliceFalling this seems unrelated to the issue reported in this thread. Could you therefore please start a new bug report? Could you also please explain a little more what you mean by 'messages have stopped loading'? It may be related to this other issue under investigation, but we would need more information to determine that
hi there. i would but it stopped happening as quickly as it started.

Shereana

Not all but some are marked as not-complete. On click some other dot is marked as not-complete, the 1st dot is marked as complete and I can see the results for the 1st dot (who invested and how much on the 2nd click).
At the same time FS gains ranking points from the dot.

Before update everything worked fine, so 2 changes were introduced since it: game update and my FS finished one path on the map.

My hypothesis: upon completion of any path (at least on the 1st map) FA map becomes weird and gives points just per click on the dot that is marked as not-finished and that is actually finished.

Situation for Firefox browser, game version v1.180-beta.10-(3ded8a2) - html5 (2023-07-21 15:07).

Update:
Last point is checked as finished, the one before - as not finished, FS has 58100 points. Upon clicking dots' marks switched (this time) and FS got points as for completion:
1689963882027.png
=>
1689963912293.png

Works also for dots not on the finished path; tricolors give points according it's value.

Update2. Seems it is one and the same source for this and neighboring bug.

Last edited:

Dhurrin

Guys, please continue playing the event, the dev team is positive that the result won't be affected because of the issue.
YEssssss......well...the message on the notification should have included that bit of information.
The fact that it states they will have additional updates next week doesn't exactly inspire confidence in it being fixed by the end of the event.

It also doesn't state something like 'but keep playing, we will make sure the points will be accurately awarded at the end of the event'

It ONLY says it is being investigated

elvenar beta 1.png

Enevhar Aldarion

@Amy Steele @Deadeye Jerry after watching how this is occurring, I have a theory. It seems that as long as only one path has any waypoints completed, this problem does not happen, which is why smaller fellowships who only do one path per stage are saying things are working correctly for them. I did not pay close enough attention on stage 1, but on stage 2 I saw that it started happening as we completed multiple tri-colors, but specifically tri-colors on all three paths. So far on stage 3 this problem is not happening, but we have also only completed waypoints on a single path for now.

Enevhar Aldarion

My fellowship has completed the blue path on stage 3 and no extra waypoints and this bug is not happening. But if my theory is correct, as soon as we finish a waypoint on one of the other two color paths, the bug will start up. I will update here when we get to that point, one way or the other.

Edit: I can confirm that as soon as we finished one of the other 4 tri-colors, this bug started up again on the completed blue path.

Last edited: