• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [20096] Icons for all quests disappearing act

DeletedUser1771

I have to ask, when icon disappear you need to refresh so you would get it? My icons slowly load, when i go fast with mouse, and i click finish button as soon as it appears, but still cant loose quest icon completely. I even reduced my internet speed to simulate bad internet connection. This one is hard to catch. I already have 2 hard catching bugs and this is the third one :eek:

DeletedUser2032

Yes you have to reload... It is not slow but completely disappearing.
This bug actually went to live today :(
I think simulating a bad internet connection is the wrong direction. I think you need a GOOD internet connection to reproduce this.

Karvest

After icons disappear you need to reload game to restore it.
Don't think it's bad internet issue, have 35ms ping to zz.elvenar.com and 75MBit speedtest to Hamburg.
Need to click at the moment when it appear, so may be you need to start clicking a bit before you even see it, as I've said it happens when you go into "zombie mode" cycling same quest again and again.
BTW, going to post another bug, occurring a bit more often, but still hard to figure out how to reproduce it 100%. =)

DeletedUser1771

Ok, speed is not an issue here according to your net speed.
Need to click at the moment when it appear, so may be you need to start clicking a bit before you even see it,
Why are you doing this, there is no need to rush with that? :D

palmira

the bug resarted for me and has nothing to do with internet speed and not so much with fast clicking at least for me. As i said, sometimes it pops in when I am quietly cycling different tasks. And yes, I need to refresh to have the icons (or icon) back

DeletedUser1771

Guys, do you use mobile app to play elvenar, or just browser?

Mobile bug is confirmed, even with those steps my quests are always loading. We are on this 24/7 believe me, but still have problem to arrest this bug :D

palmira

Beta i just play on the browser, Firefox both Windows and IOS (and puffin on ipad); live I also play on the app (it should be easier to change between beta and live on the app, btw)

Karvest

I play mostly in browser, using mobile for NH, but sometimes I use mobile to restart production when I'm away from PC.

palmira

It should be easy to investigate on live servers at least now: today it started kicking as in the app, everytime one cycle through a certain quest, always in the portuguese server, I am waiting for the tourney to see if the same happens on the beta server.

DeletedUser1771

Thank you guys. Live servers are responsibility of their mods. When bug hits live servers it is reported there. This was reported here for app first, that we can reproduce, but we are still searching for exact repro steps. :(

DeletedUser1677

(windows, firefox)
When I for example finish bracelet and farmers delight, then declines until I get those two quests again. When I reach the first 9 hours, it disappears. Then I decline the other quest (not the 9 hours yet). The first reappear. Then, I can collect. It gives the green mark that shows the quests is done. But when I click, it does'nt reach. I have to reload, and THEN I can finish the quests.
It looks like when I have had the problem, next time I have no problem getting to the 2 9 hours quests and completing them. But then the next round, the problem appears.
(The 9 hours was just an example. Same has happened with other quests, but seems to be when I complete the same type mutiple times)

Hope that helps :)

DeletedUser2178

This is happening to me too, and after I went to complete a badge I knew was there before it disappeared it did not give it to me. Also, once one disappeared, the badge that was up there did not give me credit for the goods I collected (9 hours production on it for the badge).

DeletedUser1677

Think I found a "system" in the problem. Every second time I reach a quest that I completed last time I reached it, it fails, and I have to reload.
If I reload before reaching the quest again, no problem.
(actually not every second time. Almost every time I return to a type of quest, I just handed in....)

Last edited by a moderator: