• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [17967] FA reset to Round 1, losing all progress

Marindor

Ok we know what happened! :D

A player took part of the MultiplayerEvent last Week. Then the player went off for a few days. The FS already started with the new MultiplayerEvent. Then the player came back and triggered the end of the old event for themselves, which is correct.

But here is the bug: Not only the last MultiplayerEvent ended but everything for the whole FS ended. We will now prepare a fix for that. Until the fix is implemented, this means that all Fellowships can get this problem if they have a member who hasn't been online between the last FA and now, and suddenly gets online again.

If this happened to your Fellowship, please let us know your FS name in this thread so we can investigate and look into the best solution after the fix is there :)

DeletedUser

...If this happened to your Fellowship, please let us know your FS name in this thread so we can investigate and look into the best solution after the fix is there :)
Why would any FS report this when they can now get extra points by doing first stage 1 again. :( First stage gives a lot more points per badge then 2nd or 3th stage.

How will this be fixed ? Because now the affected FS's have already spent extra resources on new badges. :confused:

If this can't be fixed then the rankings ain't fair and either this FA should be cancelled or every FS should be compensated and / or get the same prize. o_O

DeletedUser

OMG, our fellows are slowly coming back from vacation, so it really could happen again :(:(:(:(

Marindor

@Jasper : Points can also be gained with the Bottomless Pit. These FS aren't very happy because for them it would be a lot harder to get to the Stage 3 reward in time so it has 2 sides. As said: We will discuss about the solution after the fix is there. For now, we'd just like to know which FS are affected.

DeletedUser1811

@Jasper
There is more to the game than ranking points. At the end of the day a difference of 1k-2k pts (from the final ranking) doesn't make much of a difference. However, sitting constantly in front of a PC producing n-th beverage for the 2nd time, does.

SoggyShorts

Doesn't ELVENAR (and other FS in this situation) now has an unfair advantage because they could do stage 1 & 2 2x and those points are also counted twice ? :eek:
If the bottomless pit is 50 points a shot again, then the 5,000 point advantage is massive. Sure a small fellowship with very few participants might struggle to reach the end of the third stage, but a top 10 FS with this bug is set to win.

Deleted User - 8093

We had this problem for my fellowship "Time to play!": we had unlocked the first chest and were in the middle of the second stage and now we are back to the first stage...

DeletedUser

@Jasper
There is more to the game than ranking points. At the end of the day a difference of 1k-2k pts (from the final ranking) doesn't make much of a difference. However, sitting constantly in front of a PC producing n-th beverage for the 2nd time, does.
Since you need those badges in all stages you need to do those 50 beverages anyway multiple times. I believe I already did it 10x today, very boring indeed.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hey folks! Please remember this is the bug report section, and as such, these threads need to be kept clear of discussion, so that we can focus on investigating and fixing the issues reported. As Marindor requested above, please only reply in this thread if your FS affected by the issue with the FA resetting this week. There are plenty of opportunities to discuss FA within our discussion section, but this is not the place for that.

Marindor

Thanks everyone. This bug has now been fixed and the Archmages of the affected fellowships have been contacted. Thank you all for your patience and understanding!

DeletedUser118

Are you sure the fellowships really recieved the right points? We suddenly have a new second place in ranking which surely gained alot of points all of a sudden. Its one of the affected fellowships. I hope you haven't forgotten to take away their points which they could gain twice by playing stages twice too, cuz else it would be really unfair to us who couldn't do that.

DeletedUser

Are you sure the fellowships really recieved the right points? We suddenly have a new second place in ranking which surely gained alot of points all of a sudden. Its one of the affected fellowships. I hope you haven't forgotten to take away their points which they could gain twice by playing stages twice too, cuz else it would be really unfair to us who couldn't do that.
Especially since it looks like that FS ELVENAR still hasn't reach the pit stage, I see their ranking points increase by 300 points each time instead of 50. :( Since you can get a maximum of 13200 points from the first 3 stages you would expect them to be in pit stage already.

17:27 - 15400 points
1727.jpg
17:31 - 15700 points
1731.jpg

:(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser778

I just did some math...
Completing Stage 1 gives 2200 points
To produce the Badges/Jewelry for completing Stage 1 over the last green waypoint (not doing last yellow and blue one) 47375 Workshop and 2340 Marble/Steel/Plank Manufactory minutes are needed (with one Workshop and one Marble/Steel/Planks Manufactory)

To gain 2200 points through the pit 601700 workshop and 95040 Manufactory minutes are needed...

12,7 times more workshop production time
and 40,6 times more manufactory production time

That's a HUUUUGE advantage for a FS, who can do Stage 1 twice. :confused:

Edit:
Average times needed for 1 point completing...
Stage 1: 21,53 workshop and 1,06 manufactory minutes (last waypoint green)
Stage 2: 77,77 workshop and 1,84 manufactory minutes (last waypoint blue)
Stage 3: 115,81 workshop and 21,46 manufactory minutes (last waypoint blue)
The Pit: 273,5 workshop and 43,2 manufactory minutes

So everything that can be done twice gives much cheaper points then the pit.

If a mod, dev, or anyone else wants to double check: my spreadsheet

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Are the points for the affected FS going to be adjusted ? ELVENAR is still not in the pit stage and has already 16300 points, that's 3100 points more then normally is possible to get from stage 1+2+3. :(

DeletedUser

So nice of you all to keep such a close eye on ELVENAR, but fail to notice that there's something much weirder going on with the #1 FS :rolleyes:

So cry me a river