• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [17967] FA reset to Round 1, losing all progress

DeletedUser

Game version: v1.38-(415e8efe8) (2017-08-28 7:43)
Game world: Beta
Browser + version: Opera 47.0.2631.71 (PGO)
Flash Player version: 26.0.0.151
Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise (UK edition)
Screen resolution:2048 x 1152
Account name: Ritsel
Humans or Elves: Elves
Reproducibility: 5/5

Current situation:
When I logged in this morning our FA Map was showing Round 1 again with no waypoints completed. Yesterday evening we were already halfway into Round 2. Several fellows (those that are online at the moment) have reported this.

Excepted situation:
That the progress on the FA map don't reset to Zero

Reproduction Steps:
1. Add badges to round 1 and after completion round 2 (halfway finished)
2. Log in this morning (± 8:00 gametime) and notice that the FA map shows Round 1 again without any progress
3. Check with fellows, they see this too
4. Write bug report

SoggyShorts

Did you keep your ranking points? If so, pretty sweet bug;)
You're in 9th place I think, so with a 5,000 point advantage you should be a shoe-in for top spot now.

DeletedUser

Did you keep your ranking points? If so, pretty sweet bug;)
You're in 9th place I think, so with a 5,000 point advantage you should be a shoe-in for top spot now.

Yes we kept our ranking points
UPDATE: on second thought, it looks like we're seeing the ranking points from FA1, not sure if our ranking points from FA2 were added.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We did receive our reward for FA1 in the meantime, maybe that has caused the reset?

Marindor

Hey that's strange! I can't reproduce this with our own FS but then again: We didn't end up in the top 50 to get a reward... Is anyone else experiencing this as well?

MalpA

Hmm i still dont get rewards from 1 FA ... and our stgae 3 of FA2 is still same as yesterday

DeletedUser

Hey that's strange! I can't reproduce this with our own FS but then again: We didn't end up in the top 50 to get a reward... Is anyone else experiencing this as well?

So maybe it did reset, because we got the reward for FA1.
We are not sure what to do now, we can add badges in round 1 again, but what if it gets reset again? Will we loose our progress again?

DeletedUser

0FA BUG2.jpg

0FA BUG1.jpg

Adding some screenshots
Most bizarly, the chest for round 1 seems to be open, although the text indicate otherwise

DeletedUser

Yes, looks the same to me. We're still on 6th and have no reset like you describe.

Marindor

Hi guys,

From our logs we have indeed been able to confirm this issue and we are sorry this happened. For now though, we won't be able to restore the FA progress for these Fellowships. We have also seen that the ranking points for the FA round have remained unaffected for these FS.

This is a situation that fortunately will never happen on Live (since the problems around giving the rewards after the FA ends have been fixed and on Live there will be several weeks between 2 FA rounds). Therefore we have decided not to dedicate valuable developer's time into fixing a bug that wouldn't hit our Live servers anyway. However, we are looking into the best possible solution to make sure the affected Fellowships will still be able to reach the Stage 3 reward and to make this possible, we will most likely extend the event. When we have more specific information, we will let you know right away. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser118

If the reward can be blamed for causing the bug mentioned above. I don't want it at all... :eek:

Marindor

Hi everyone,

A little bit more information, for we found out it's trickier than we thought:

- Yesterday's reset and given rewards to some fellowships is not linked at all with the first event missing rewards.
- These missing rewards are still coming with one of this week's deploy on beta.
- We are looking deeper into this new FA reset to check what were the reasons and fix it if there's any proper bug behind that.
- Please let us know if your FS was affected by this bug (1 report per FS would be enough).
- According to the number of fellowships impacted, we will see what would be the best option - We will get back to that later.

Thank you all for your help on this!

DeletedUser

@Marindor Oke, we've almost finished round 1 (again), let's hope that we can proceed to round 2.... will keep you posted

PS: Our fellowship is ELVENAR

DeletedUser

@Marindor
Just moved on to round 2, so far so good; we also got the instants
Some extra information. Yesterday we finished all 3 paths in round 1.
Today we will only finished 1 path (green) completely, but skipped the last waypoint for red and blue.
Now let's hope it won't reset again tonight.....

DeletedUser

Doesn't ELVENAR (and other FS in this situation) now has an unfair advantage because they could do stage 1 & 2 2x and those points are also counted twice ? :eek:

DeletedUser

Doesn't ELVENAR (and other FS in this situation) now has an unfair advantage because they could do stage 1 & 2 2x and those points are also counted twice ? :eek:

I don't know about that. We've also lost a lot of goods, and have to make those badges again. So we might not be able to do much when we hit the pit