• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [13134] Unpolished woodelven habitats don't allow mana collection

DeletedUser607

Game version: __ 1.23.6v1.23.6-(02b4991) (2017-02-21 9:46)
Game world: __ beta 1
Browser + version: __ 51.0.1
Flash Player version: __24.0.0.221
Operating System: __ win10 1607
Screen resolution: __ 1920x1080
Account name: __juni
Humans or Elves: __elves

Reproducibility: __/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: __ (if applicable)

Current situation:
__ I have a row of woodelven habitats (they are great, you'll love it, absolutely. it's true!)
__ today, I tried to collect the mana, just click on one and slide the mouse over the row. well, two of them did not allow to have their mana collected. directly clicking on them didn't allow collection too. a reload fixed it. I've noticed that these two were not polished, and remembered, that shortly before that, when I logged in, that all of them were polished.

my guess: woodelven habitats mana can't be collected, if the polish wears off while the user is logged in.

Expected situation:
__ their production should be collectable
__

Reproduction Steps
__ have woodelven habitats
2. __ have them polished
3. __ be logged in when the polish wears off
4. __ you shouldn't be able to collect it.
5. __

I have a crystal lighthouse (11) and watchtower ruins (2)...

DeletedUser1247

i get similar not always but it does happen and not limited to just habitat seal of ansgard and well of spirits for me... refreshing the page lets me collect

Elderflower

That is very interesting. I have had a couple of occasions now where I could not collect mana from a Weeping Willow. I hadn't noticed whether it was unpolished or not. Like you I could collect from all the others in the line but not that one. The first time it happended I logged out and in again and was able to collect. The second time I just picked it up, moved it around and then put it back and then I was able to collect the mana. I think it was the same Weeping Willow on both occasions but I'm not sure. I shall make a note of whether it has been aided next time it happens.

DeletedUser607

1. that was my thread

2. the bug shows a different behavior.

whereas the old bug just displayed 0/0 mana, the new one gives the icon, that mana is collectable, and does not even allow accessing the building.

3. the old bug happend in both situations, building was polished or buildings polish wore off, and it happened at every moment. the new bug just happens when the building has enough mana to be collected.

new behavior, new bug.

and besides, you have fixed the old one. the old bug is gone.

so please read the bug report correctly, there are two different bugs.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
i followed your exact reproduction steps and cannot reproduce it. Should it happen again let us know and i'll reinvestigate

DeletedUser607

interesting.

so your devs have fixed something and then you claim that you can't even reproduce it.

good way to reduce the interest of beta-testers to report bugs.

please try to replicate the bug with the version I have mentioned in my bugreport.

DeletedUser118

I have this problem with my willows sometimes as well. One or two are showing a mana symbol above, just like the others around, but once you try picking it up, nothing happens, the mana symbol stays where it is. A reload fixes it though.

Problem is it only happens from time to time so its very rarely, but till sunday it definitely happened.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Juni i have tried to replicate it, more then once, in the old version, and again yesterday in the new version, for me also i have to wait 8 hours till the NH times out. It just didn't happen to me. That doesn't mean it isn't happening at all. It just means i cant reproduce it with the steps that are provided. And if we cant reproduce it, its very hard for the dev to fix it because it takes a lot more time to find the bug.

The devs have not yet fixed any of these mana collecting bugs since 1.23 version, so this is not the reason i cannot reproduce it. If they would have fixed it, your other bug would now be labelled as fixed.

That is why i say: should it happen again let us know and we'll reinvestigate.

Dony

King of Bugs
i have this bug on both servers now, beta and live
you can click on that WW how many times you want, its not collectable

Attachments

• 26.png
    26.png
    459.7 KB · Views: 156

DeletedUser607

I had the bug today again.

it should happen in 2-3 hours again ;-)

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
allright back to trying to reproduce this. This was also a buffed willow and you couldn't collect it anymore after the help wears off, right?

DeletedUser607

yes

3 of my 11 woodelven habitats showed that behavior, and in 5 minutes, I will be able to collect again... my guess: 2 WEH will show that behavior.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
I can confirm this is happening, but it does not always happen.

Current situation:
A mana producing building shows it is collactable, but when clicking on it, it does not collect the mana.
The production isnt stopping you can see the counter going up, but you cannot collect it untill you refresh or disconnect the building off the road

Expected situation:
If the mana producing building shows a collectable icon, it should be collectable.

Reproduction steps: not 100% reproducable
have multiplee cultural building
have some of them buffed
be online when buff wears off.
Some of the cultural buildings will not be collectable even tho it shows it can be collected.
Move the cultural building and put it back and you can now collect

Since its not all of them, i think it might be connected to the production problems of other buildings like facultys, especially since moving the building also fixes it without a reload.

Elderflower

Today I just had the same problem with collecting from some residences. My coin collection was not full. My experience was exactly the same as Juni's with the Mana collection. I could slide over a line of residences collecting coins and then there were three or four that I could not collect from even when I went back and clicked on them individually.
Don't know if this is the same bug as, obviously, residences are not polished.
As with my Weeping Willow, if I pick the house up, wave it around and put it back, then I can collect the coins.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Today I just had the same problem with collecting from some residences. My coin collection was not full. My experience was exactly the same as Juni's with the Mana collection. I could slide over a line of residences collecting coins and then there were three or four that I could not collect from even when I went back and clicked on them individually.
Don't know if this is the same bug as, obviously, residences are not polished.
As with my Weeping Willow, if I pick the house up, wave it around and put it back, then I can collect the coins.

Hmm this is interesting since a house cannot be buffed, so that would mean its isn't related to a buff wearing off.
I did encounter similar behavior on houses when i was playing on a bad connection, after collecting the houses, they werent really collected and the icon showed again. Reattemping to collect then fails.
Did you have a stable connection while encountering this?

The bug Juni posted however also occurs when the connection is stable

DeletedUser607

there is another possibility which may turn coins from houses uncollectable: coin storage full.

but then the icons turn grey, and it's everything but a bug ;-)

Elderflower

My coin collection was not full. That was the first thing I checked and the coins icons did not turn grey either.
My connection is fibre optic which is not prone to instability and I think my internet connection was stable as I was able to collect from some houses in the same row as well as visiting other cities to help etc. Also why should picking a house up and putting it right back again have solved the problem? I did have to repeat the action with each problem house, in other words moving one house only made that one collectable. The others remained stuck until I moved them.

DeletedUser1877

I have seen similar problems, one house just won't allow collection. I have always found reloading solved it for me.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
This bug should now be fixed.
Because of its randomness im not 100% sure, but at least i myself couldn't reproduce it anymore.
If any of you still encounter this, please let us know